How's the Weather Today?

Started by MiniDave, December 06, 2017, 06:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8kornholio

All the midwesterners keep your eyes on the weather.  Starts here overnight. The more rain in the morning the less chance of craziness tomorrow afternoon.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

We've got tornado warning sirens going off right now......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Had 90* and overcast muggy day in San Antonio today.  Supposed to be rainy through Saturday, with Sunday being the first clear day.

gr8kornholio

Have some friends in Norman OK in their shelter. Stay safe.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Whew! Summer's here with a vengeance......every day for the last two weeks has been over 90* with HUMIDITY.....and there's little end in sight.

We have T-Storms scheduled every day for the next 10 days, then I expect it will just be HOT. Global warming is here in Kansas at least.

Makes me really appreciate my A/C unit in the shop!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Wow - I can't remember what 90 feels like, let alone the temps we had in Tucson.  We've had temps touching the low 80's, with adequate humidity, but for the last couple of weeks it's been windy.  Really windy.

Remember to drink water -
- Pave the Bay -

BruceK

It's a miserable 102 F here today (about 39 C) and today it's very humid, so it feels like 108 F or so.   Sure, there are places hotter than this, but this is quite hot enough, thank you. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

joakwin

110 is what they said it was going to be today, haven't checked but outside is hot, so its got to be close
D16z6 Automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes, deseamed shell

MPlayle

Depending on where in San Antonio, the temps here were 98*-100* with the heat index taking it to 102*-104*.

ve9aa

21*c here in NB, Canada atm, but was abt 15*c when I went for a ride on the 'Bike this mornin'...
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

BruceK

Quote from: ve9aa on June 23, 2018, 02:39:22 PM
21*c here in NB, Canada atm, but was abt 15*c when I went for a ride on the 'Bike this mornin'...

I took my bike out at the literal crack of dawn this morning (6am here) so it would be cool enough to ride comfortably.  It was 80F (27C) at that time and progressively got warmer before I had enough and headed back home. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

ve9aa

Triumph Bonneville.....Nice !  Just on an old 04 Harley, Road King Classic here

the Classic Mini is not in this photo...
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

BruceK

Very cool.  Here's my non-Mini fleet. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

gr8kornholio

So went from 100 to intense down pours and wind tonight. Rain and wind was so loud I couldn't hear my metal music on my Bose Bluetooth speaker. Good thing I watered this morning. Cause if I hadn't we wouldn't have got a drop.

MiniDave

I guess we're getting your weather later today, supposed to get Tstorms all day today and some tomorrow.....it will cool things off a bit, but then the humididity goes thru the roof.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Rained cats and dogs here this morning. Spending the day on the couch with a head cold.

gr8kornholio

Well if it's headed that way its leaving some behind because we have the same set up and chance tonight.  We got 3+ inches in about 2 hours.  Crazy cause it was very isolated.  They blew up but didn't move anywhere. 

BruceK

It's 98 degrees here now with a heat index of 105 degrees.  Calling it a day - too damn hot in my garage to do anymore work on my car. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

You lasted longer than me and mine is shaded.  With your southern exposure I can imagine how hot yours gets.

MiniDave

Not much better here, 94* but the humididity is better, only 50%

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

Has been all smoke here the last few weeks coming from northern CA. and Canada we are getting it from both directions and now a nearby fire here on Oregon as well.

MiniDave

My sister lives in the mountains not too far from Tahoe, and she's been living with summer smoke outs like this for several summers now, I know what you're going thru - we were in Colorado Springs visiting my brother a few years ago when that fire blew thru there too......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

3rd summer here of long-term smoke I'm getting really tired of it. But those idiots in power that live in Portland and Salem shut down forest management, logging, and controlled burns because its bad for the environment ::) Our current governor got some of that fixed but then they opposed it I think we're still on for some burns and fuel reduction logging this fall winter I hope. I don't know if I want to stay living here if this is the new norm.
Going from 9 months of winter to fire back to winter gets old. Summers are the whole reason for living here for me so if they are gonna suck im done.

We always have had fires in Oregon but they used to be allowed to fight them better and the forest had fewer fuels due to better management and being allowed to log more

I don't get how they think logging is bad but millions of acres a year burning and homes burning is ok.

Although most the smoke this year is not from Oregon but the last two were I can deal here and there with it but every year is starting to get to me. really gets my alleriges going as well.

MiniDave

Rain all day here, which I'm somewhat happy about as I spent Sunday and Monday laying down fertilizer, soil amendment, grass seed and straw to cover it all and keep it moist. Mother Nature then did all the watering for me! We're supposed to get more rain the next two days so I'm hopeful it all got watered in and will grow before it gets cold. I put down a LOT of seed, so I hope it germinates quickly.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad