No more email notices of pending PMs?

Started by MPlayle, February 03, 2024, 08:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPlayle

I noticed recently that the forum is no longer sending any email notices that someone has sent you an PM.  Is this a forum change or did a default setting get changed and we need to individually turn it back on?

cstudep

Up in the top left (at least for me) under your profile there is a Notifications link. Click on that and it should take you to a page where about 3/4 of the way down there is a check box to receive emails for both new messages, and replies to messages. Are those checked? I had to go out and recheck those options a while back.

MPlayle

I had already verified mine were checked.  As a precaution, I went ahead and unchecked and then rechecked those settings.  I haven't received a PM since to know if that fixed the issue.

94touring

I'll send you a test PM.  Must be the new forum software.  I get other notifications via the top icon on the page.

MPlayle

The test worked.

I was getting the "notices" indicator at the top of the page when logged in, but not the direct emails.  I guess I needed to uncheck and recheck the setting for it to take after the last forum update.

Thanks Dan!