How's the Weather Today?

Started by MiniDave, December 06, 2017, 06:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

My neighbor across the street is one of those guys who looks out for the 'hood, he's already had his snowblower out and done his, mine and the older woman's next door.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Cool - it's nice when folks help others out.
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

13 this morning.  I probably should have shut the water off to the shop.  Hopefully the heat inside yesterday kept the pipes from freezing overnight.

MiniDave

Yeah, 6* here (-15* C) so I cancelled work and stayed home on the Doc's advice. Supposed to warm back up to mid 40's by Thursday or Friday.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Yea, we are in for a roller coaster over the next 10 days.  40 to 60 to 40 to 60.  It was sooo nice yesterday then the sun went down and the wind picked up and damn it got cold quick.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

John Gervais

It's been hovering around 30ish, so I might go fishing tomorrow after I cut a tree down.
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

60 in South Carolina right now.  Was 17 in Chicago when I left.

MiniDave

Is winter over already?

All the temps I see forecasted for the next two weeks and more look to be at worst in the 40's, and the song birds are back too.

We have had surprise snowstorms in early March, so I wouldn't put away the snow shovels, gloves and winter coats just yet and I don't want to jinx us, but I'm thinking we could be done.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

67 in Tulsa this morning.  Going for a walk!

jeff10049

it came here -1 Fahrenheit right now.

MiniDave

Yeah, we woke up to a lovely ice storm here, expecting as much as a 1/4" of ice today, but it will be gone tomorrow as we should be back above freezing again by late tomorrow afternoon.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Currently 72, suppose to be 42 by 3pm  :-[ 8.gif

MiniDave

Same as we did yesterday...it was 61* when I got up - 29 just after lunch.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Had some freezing rain yesterday. More at the shop than in town.  Almost couldn't get my truck door open this morning.

MiniDave

Yeah, we did too, about 1/4" of ice on the cars, glad I don't have to drive anywhere today, tonight we're supposed to get either more freezing rain or 1-3" of snow, then tomorrow it's supposed to warm up to almost 40* and rain again that night. So to answer the question I asked earlier - NO, winter is not done with us!  ::)

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

We've just missed out on the freezing rain here. It is really cold, especially since we are getting a new front door installed.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Can't believe it's snowing on April 1st, and no, it's not an April fools joke, it's really coming down hard......of course it will be 45* tomorrow and all gone, but for now it's definitely winter wonderland out there today!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

joakwin

85 deg here in Tucson, kind of over cast here today

not to bad

i want to get my body work done so i can paint my car before it gets to hot
D16z6 Automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes, deseamed shell

gr8kornholio

Yea, wanted to pressure wash the initial layer of crud off my subframes, but the temps in Dallas have plummeted below 50 and I didn't feel like being wet in the cold wind.

John Gervais

It snowed here on Friday, and it was cold and windy today.  Hyacinth and I took to the coast for some trout fishing.
- Pave the Bay -

ve9aa

Warm/Sunny. 4*C and only 1-2' of snow on the ground remain.

Mini season is less than a month away now ! :-\
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

MiniDave

All the white we have on the ground is actually sleet, not snow.....surprised me when I took the dogs out to find it was so slick.....

It will be in the 40's the rest of the week, so it shouldn't last long. I have to get some seed down with some straw over it that I bought the other day, to cover up the bare spots. Every time the boys come in from running around the back yard I have to take them to the sink and wash the mud out of the pads on their paws, it's a PITA but if I don't we'll have mud everywhere!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

I NEED it to get warmer.  I need to repaint the mini's roof, due to 2 small spots where the gutter transitions to the roof which developed small cracks last summer and now have rust stains; we know what that means...

Somebody advised that I use some sort of flexible filler in the bottom of the gutter, then prime and paint.  Weeks of rain last summer allowed water to get under there, so I can only hope that there's not too much rust under the paint and filler. 

It's gonna be a heck of a job to sand the roof, excavate the gutter and begin again.  I also need to find a paint that can tolerate harsh conditions, look half-way decent and that I can apply myself - without a compressor/spray gun.  Local body shops, if I can find one that won't rape me, are asking close to $1000 for painting the roof - only the roof.  I'm hoping one of the vintage racers knows somebody that can help out.
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

The problem with painting the roof is that it's at eye level, any little mistake is so easy to see. Still, if you take your time it should come out nicely. I find a rotary wire brush in an angle grinder will clean those gutters down to bare metal  in no time....

We're supposed to be in the 60's by Thursday, hope the warming trend extends all the way to Denmark!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Thanks Dave, could really use some nice weather - it's getting tiresome...

I think I've got one of those brushes somewhere, I'd nearly forgotten about it. 
- Pave the Bay -