How's the Weather Today?

Started by MiniDave, December 06, 2017, 06:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Went to the doc today, consensus was the usual, rest, liquids, aspirin (Tylenol for me) he did give me an aggressive antibiotic to take to "just in case" but didn't find anything horrible wrong - and he says it's not the flu, just a bad ass cold (young doctors!) I've never had one this bad in all my life and I've been around for a while.....he says it will take a few more days to knock it out.

Driving over to the Urgent Care place in the -1* temps my whole body was shaking so bad I wasn't sure if I'd make it, then the nurse had to fill out the papers as my hands were shaking so badly. This one is NOT fun......

Supposed to be almost 60* on Sat, hope I'm feeling well enough to finally get back in the shop, even if only for a couple of hours.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

I'm hoping the supposed warm up happens.  Last time they forecast a warm up after a major freeze it never materialized.  I need to start taking a car apart.

That's a nasty "cold".
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

8 degrees this morning.  Going to take awhile to heat up the compressor.

94touring

My water lines from the street froze up.  I've been running my hose right off the water heater to rinse subframes to prep for paint.  This slows that process down.

MiniDave

yeah 8* days in a place that doesn't normally get that cold of weather will do that.........

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

back to either the doc or the hospital tomorrow.....can not stand this shit anothr day

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on January 18, 2018, 03:44:55 PM
back to either the doc or the hospital tomorrow.....can not stand this shit anothr day

Maybe you can see another doctor and get a second opinion.  Hope you get better soon.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Exactly, if they can't come up with anything more definitive than they have so far, I'm heading to the medical center....this shit's just not right

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Has anyone heard from Dave today?

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

No. I was thinking about him all day today.  Hope he is feeling better
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Went to the same Doc today, who sent me  to the ER with pneumonia. I'll be here for a few days yet....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Pneumonia?   Crap!   Hope you can rest comfortably and get better soon.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Dang!  Get rested and better soon.  Hope they have a TV for football  ;D

94touring

Get feeling better.  Hopefully you can treat it like a weekend vacation of being pampered by nurses!

94touring

Texted Dave, said he's still in rough shape.

BruceK

Hope Dave is better soon.

On the weather front, while it was just 13 degrees here earlier this week, today it was a balmy 70 or so.  What a change!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Hit 71 here today too! 

Also fixed my shower knob that froze and broke. The inside of the shop actually froze.   Go figure.  There wasn't any access panel to fix the T mechanism thing for the knob so had to cut into the wall.  I'm thinking one of my car pics will cover this new access hole very well.

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on January 20, 2018, 07:10:37 PM
I'm thinking one of my car pics will cover this new access hole very well.

If you want to be really ironic, you could take an 8 x 10 photo like the one below and hang it over the hole in the wall.  ;D.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Ha, yeah good place for a fake vault door.

Dave gets to spend another day in the hospital.   Sounds like unlimited ice cream.

gr8kornholio

Any word on if his condition is improving?  Is the ice cream that good?  Like Forrest Gump.

94touring

Sounds like slowly improving.  Forest Gump came to mind for me too  ;D

MiniDave

I'm sprung!

I got home a few minutes ago and I'm waiting for the crazy to die down a bit with d'Boiz, who are currently tearing around the back yard at full speed.

I am not well, just no longer hospitalized, still got a ways to go to get to "well" but I should see a little improvement each day. To me the biggest improvement will come from being able to sleep!

Thanks for everyone's concern and comments!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Bahowe1

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Just had an actual meal that wasn't hospital food, what a treat.....

I doubt I'll make it past 9pm tonight, but the thought of being able to sleep uninterrupted will be a little like heaven compared to the last 15 days - I've probably slept all of 15 hours in the last two weeks....sleep deprivation is a real thing - but they had to keep me coughing to keep the crap moving up out of my lungs which of course, meant I couldn't sleep a wink.

There is still a lot of crap in my lungs that has to work its way out.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad