How's the Weather Today?

Started by MiniDave, December 06, 2017, 06:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Upper 60s today and just windy in Tulsa.  I've only been home 1 day in the past 12, and everywhere I went was freezing ass cold.  Taking today to decompress.

MiniDave

Still planning to come north this weekend? If so, which day?

43*, misty/rainy and the wind is howling! Thursday they say 66*!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

We're going to have 60's later this week, and they're forecasting snow for next week!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on April 03, 2018, 02:36:53 PM
Still planning to come north this weekend? If so, which day?

43*, misty/rainy and the wind is howling! Thursday they say 66*!

Guy with the trailer I'm buying has to use a tractor to take it off the stack of trailers but too windy to do, so not sure. I work every weekend too, so will be a weekday.

SoCalMiniFan

It was finally really nice out today and I was done with work by 11am which gave me a solid amount of time to work on my wiring project.  I'd like to actually drive my car this summer and it looks like that just might happen!

High 60's projected for the next few days, chance of rain later next week.  I might have a running Mini by this weekend.
"If it's not fun, why do it?"

94touring

And....28 out this morning.  8.gif

MiniDave

Yeah, 20* here, and in the mid 60's tomorrow!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I'm having another day of vegging out.  I need the weather to warm up to sand blast.  I did test fit the fiberglass bonnet, fits perfectly. 

gr8kornholio

It's supposed to climb to 80 by Friday then another front and it's back to 50 Saturday.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Light snow mixed with sleet and a touch of freezing rain on the way into work this morning.

MiniDave

Check out how much snow we got last night! We were supposed to get several inches and they salted the crap out of our roads just in case....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

AND we had a 4.6 earthquake over in Perry that rattled our house.

gr8kornholio

Just usual frozen golf balls and gallons of rain falling from the sky for us. Now it's 30 mph winds and 35.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on April 07, 2018, 06:42:15 AM
Just usual frozen golf balls and gallons of rain falling from the sky for us. Now it's 30 mph winds and 35.

Yeah. It was in the 80s yesterday afternoon and then the hail and tornado warnings and now it is 33 degrees with a windchill in the 20s.  Lovely. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

It caused some canceled flights into Dallas.  I go to Chicago but the problem was they rerouted a lot of people through Chicago, so I got bumped off my 1st option. 

MiniDave

Weird wacky weather this week. Yesterday it was hot and muggy, and storms were headed our way - typical Kansas spring weather, T-Storms in the late afternoon and evening. It did rain, but only for about 20 min, then it was just hot and REALLY muggy....I don't do hot/humid well, I wound up feeling nauseated while trying to work on the Clubby and had to stop and cool off.

It was 80° when I went to bed, and 36° at 8 am today......and the temp is still dropping, they're calling for snow tonight and a low of about 27, high Sunday mid 30's....Tues when I leave for CMU it's supposed to be 70° again!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

About the same down here. Not as cold and no more moisture but barely 40 with 25 mph north winds. Yay for kids soccer game.

94touring

BruceK

I took my Mini for a drive today.  It was cool enough that I left the windows up.  And very windy.  So windy I saw something I've never seen before:  as I was driving out in the country I was rapidly approaching what looked like a giant insect ahead of me that was just about windshield height and it wasn't moving, but it was getting bigger and bigger as I approached it at about 50 mph.   At the last minute I realized it was a bird trying to fly directly into the wind but making no forward progress at all.   Missed it by that much!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Snow started for about 30 min then quit, didn't even get the roads wet, but it looks like more on the way.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MiniDave

This is all we got, tomorrow it will be mid 50's, and mid 70's by Tues when I head for Tenn.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

farseer80

Love the weather here in Vegas. 69 F. I hope it stays this way.

MiniDave

It was like my pic when I left, 77* today and nice!

69* in Vegas is a rarity, isn't it? It was 95* yesterday in Phoenix where my son lives......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad