How's the Weather Today?

Started by MiniDave, December 06, 2017, 06:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

Great news. Now you have loving to catch up on from the critters.

gr8kornholio

Glad to hear you are home.  Yes, rest in a hospital seems easy, but the constant nursing doesn't allow for much sleep.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MPlayle

Good to hear you are doing better.  Don't rush back into things too soon - be sure you are fully recovered first.

Best wishes for a continued speedy recovery.

MiniDave

1st night home, lots of dozing off, finally after dinner I went to bed (8 pm!) Between bathroom breaks and coughing fits managed to get about 6 hours of sleep in, and rather than wake the rest about 4 am I went downstairs and dozed on the couch. I can't get over how weak I feel and how hard it is to catch my breath after going up or down 5 stairs ( our house is a split level - bathrooms are either up or down) but there it is.....

More wonderful hospital leftovers - as they were trying to make sure I wasn't dehydrated they went a bit overboard, my ankles, calves and thighs were so swollen the skin was tight as a drum, yesterday afternoon the Dr. gave me a shot of Lasex to reduce that, I pee'd out over 2 L in 2 hrs without drinking anything! The swelling is mostly down, but I still have a ways to go there too.....oh, and since the gowns are open at the back when I'd sit on the coach or in a chair my sweaty skin was in contact with how ever many other sweaty people had sat there, and I got a terrible skin rash right where the opening was, all the way down my back....no idea how long that will take to clear up!

Oxygen is like a drug. after using it for a few days non-stop, when you have it available you want it, and I think I'm going thru a bit of withdrawal right now......

Other than that I'm weak as a kitten and I think I'm faced with about a two week recovery before I feel even close to normal again.....but, one day at a time.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

That sounds rough. I got the flu once in my early 20s and it wiped me out back then. I can't imagine it now and older. Probably a reason why it kills people!

BruceK

Keep up the medication Dave and get all the rest you can.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Quote from: 94touring on January 24, 2018, 10:49:05 AM
That sounds rough. I got the flu once in my early 20s and it wiped me out back then. I can't imagine it now and older. Probably a reason why it kills people!

I think that's because after a week of feeling like this you give up the will to live!  ::)  ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Supposed to warm up to almost 60* today so I'm going to take advantage of the respite.......Rose's Audi front suspension went down over the last few days and based on her description it sounds like either the air line broke or the fitting failed. So this after noon Don is coming over to pull the front wheel so we can see what's up - whether I have to replace the fitting or simply fix the end of the line.

We're also going to start the Racing Green up and let it get completely warmed up again....it hasn't run in weeks and has been outside due to Stan's car being on the lift.

That will probably be all the excitement I can take for today.

Tomorrow I have a follow up appt with my new primary care Dr.

Should be high 40's/low 50's all next week, hope I feel well enough to take advantage and knock out a few projects.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gasmini

Even if Don comes over to help you need to stay in supervisor mode and let him do the work. 20.gif My experience with supervisors is that they just stand around and watch and get in my way.

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on January 24, 2018, 10:11:44 AM
I think I'm faced with about a two week recovery...

Damn, you are shortening that down to 1 day?   :-[
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

Be VERY careful about how much you try to do so soon or you will wind up right back in the hospital in worse shape with a relapse.

MiniDave

Quote from: gasmini on January 25, 2018, 10:33:37 AM
Even if Don comes over to help you need to stay in supervisor mode and let him do the work. 20.gif

that's the plan!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Quote from: BruceK on January 25, 2018, 10:57:42 AM
Quote from: MiniDave on January 24, 2018, 10:11:44 AM
I think I'm faced with about a two week recovery...

Damn, you are shortening that down to 1 day?   :-[

The projects I'm planning to do involve sitting down at a table and sorting thru some parts - about 20 min at a time's worth. No lifting, no working on cars. Dons going to pull the wheel and I'm going to squint up into the wheel well and see what I can see, other wise I'm done on that too.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Tim

Sheesh!  Sounds like you've had a rough time.  I've been reading all the other threads but had missed this one.  I hope you bounce back quickly. 71.gif

Tim.

MiniDave

Saw my new Dr today, she says don't expect miracles - two weeks minimum just to get back to some semblance of normal.

Lovely parting gift from the hospital, I have a horrible rash all over my body that itches unbelievably....she put me on a course of Prednisone to counter it, but it takes a few days to take full effect - till then I'm slathering on creams and salves to just make it possible to sleep.....don't know if it's a reaction to the antibiotics, the treatment they gave me, the die marker for the CAT scan or what.

I'll save you the gory details and not post a pic......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

OK,  one pic......prednisone seems to be getting it back into control....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MiniDave

Snowing again....I knew winter wasn't quite done with us. Looks like we could get several inches out of this one, and it could hang around till the weekend when it's supposed to warm back up into the 40's....

My lovely parting gift from the hospital is just about all cleared up, looks more like light freckles now.....Dr. called it classic vasculitis.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MiniDave

Did not expect this this morning!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MiniDave

Not much on till the Stupor Bowl tonight, supposed to go back to work tomorrow....may decide to sit it out and let others have the "glory"...

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on February 04, 2018, 12:02:23 PM
Not much on till the Stupor Bowl tonight, supposed to go back to work tomorrow....may decide to sit it out and let others have the "glory"...

That sounds like an excellent idea. Especially since it'll still be snowy and you'd be driving cars you don't know and don't have any confidence in. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Yeah, I already called and cancelled, one more week I guess.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Jeez, Dave, that sounded horrible!  I missed the thread, and am glad to hear that you're doing better.  Like others have advised, take it slow and steady - even if you feel fine.

Are there any neighborhood kids who can shovel you out?
- Pave the Bay -