The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I even tried a cider after dinner, which I rarely do, but treated it like dessert  77.gif

94touring

cstudep

That one looks to be quite vigorous!

94touring

In a different country. Killing this wine.

MiniDave

Your pants aren't going to fit when you get home!  ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Beer makes me fat.  Wine I'm fine. 

MiniDave

And..................how many beer pics did you post on this trip so far?   ;D ;D ;D ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Been 2 or 3 years since I've been here.  Nice to get back to Maine.

cstudep

Ever had a brew called Spotted Cow? Apparently it is only available in Wisconsin and I am told is quite good and hard to get.

My brother in-law has some his son brought back from the state a while ago so I am going to try to get a bottle.

94touring

I've had spotted cow many times!  In Appleton and Milwaukee.

94touring

Here's a first. The blueberry ale here is now served with them floating around in the beer. At least I hope that's what this is.

cstudep

Yeah that is either a blueberry or something very suspect LOL.

Some how I figured you would be the guy that had tried spotted cow LOL So what is your opinion of it?

94touring

It's good. I'd put it in the same category as yuengling. Good cheap  beer that's light and is mostly local to an area. Although yuengling has branched out in recent years.

cstudep

nice, yeah yuengling is a lot more common than it used to be. A coworker from York PA and I spent a couple of months at one of the companies plants in Mississippi a few years back, he had actually found a place down there that had it and turned me on to it. I have not had it in ages though.

94touring

Trying a brewery while in town getting a plug for the bus tire.

John Gervais

I first heard of yuengling about two months ago from a friend in Myrtle Beach - can't get it here, but I've heard that it's pretty good.

Dan, if you ever get out here, I'll show you the corner shop - I think you'd like it.
- Pave the Bay -

gr8kornholio

Been eyeballing this at Whole Foods for awhile.  Finally decided to give it a go.  It's like a really light Belgian.  Fruit notes but in a very blonde type ale. 

Dan, if you are ever in Iceland look for them.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Was just in Iceland but not long enough to try any beer. 

94touring

Been coming here since 2012.  Finally figured out to bring old steins to avoid buying a new one.

cstudep

Some lessons are harder to learn than others, in this case once you have a few steins under your belt you no longer care that you had to buy a new one so its one of those lessons that takes a little longer to sink in.

94touring

In Ireland today.  They finally opened everything back up so walked to an actual pub instead of being confined to hotel beers.

94touring

I walked to the actual brewery since that last pic.

BruceK

I'm sure they are so happy to have actual physical contact with their customers again! 

How was the beer?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on February 19, 2022, 10:14:12 AM
I'm sure they are so happy to have actual physical contact with their customers again! 

How was the beer?

Yeah everyone was in a good mood and happy to be out. Even if it was 40, raining, and windy!  Beer was good!

94touring

Currently in Germany