The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

We need a thread where we post when we're drunk.   With that said, I love you guys.  Especially Jim. 

MtyMous

I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy this. hahaha

Jims5543

I have a no drunk posting policy, lets just say I have had regrets.

That said, in the spirit of this thread, I may log on and post. Although after this week that may be rare as I am going on my January dry spell, whip myself back into shape phase and with the influence of a 19 y/o nephew and 21 year old son that have turned into gym rats my January dry spell may last until spring.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

88.gif  Let's just say I had a lot of wine last night with Angela and Jen.  Ha. 

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on December 29, 2014, 06:41:32 AM
88.gif  Let's just say I had a lot of wine last night with Angela and Jen.  Ha.

Pics or it didn't happen.

During the day I always have that 'No PUI' policy...but once I've had a few I take it more like a guideline than a rule.

Will check back in here tonight around 8!

4.gif

94touring

Ha no pics this time.  I'll see what I can do next time. 

Jims5543

I feel like there is a golden opportunity to populate this thread with bad posts coming up. Isn't there a national amateur drinking day coming up? And no not St. Patty's Day, that is another one.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Merlin

Does drinking right now count for posting in this thread?

If so, HI
Engineering the Impossible

Mudhen

Quote from: Merlin on December 29, 2014, 12:11:28 PM
Does drinking right now count for posting in this thread?

If so, HI

Damn, what time zone are you in?   2.gif

94touring

He's living on Tulsa time.  We drink out there.

Merlin

Its past lunch here... I think that makes it socially acceptable.

Jims5543

I used to have a 5 O'clock rule, then that stupid song came out, so, out of protest I moved it up to 12 noon. Take that!!

I am about to leave the office, grab a bite and a pint then head home to curse at the Mini some more.  ;D

If you have a moment a good read:

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/food-for-men/drinking-before-noon

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 29, 2014, 01:02:47 PM
I used to have a 5 O'clock rule, then that stupid song came out, so, out of protest I moved it up to 12 noon. Take that!!

:D

I had a similar experience with getting a good beer buzz, early in the morning...Sheryl Crow ruined that one for me.

My wife watches Mad Men - amazing how much drinking went on back then (if that was typical).  I do fondly remember me and my sisters taking turns sitting on my fathers lap while he drank.  We'd steer the car and when he finished the beer we'd get to throw the empty out the window and see if we could get it over the car into the woods...probably a right hand drive would have been better for him.   ::)

Jims5543

2 IPA Pints at the Gastropub now in the garage tinkering with the Mini.

94touring

Merlin

I have a picture like that...

Its a little German beer that I brewed and put in the keg. The wife was on a big "I hate hops" binge for a while and so she bough a kit for me to make that had the lowest IBU number she could find.
It tastes like dust, but it tastes amazing when you cook it with brats.

I have been tossing around the idea of making some Whiskey. I need to talk my wife into letting me spend some money on a tig machine to make a stainless steel still.

Jims5543

I am going to try to brew my first batch of beer next weekend. I am brewing a porter.

Did someone say Wiskey?

Switched from beer to Johnny Walker Black. I wish I could say I am smashed I am more tired than anything. LOL!

Merlin

Scotch is my weakness. I love the balvine Caribbean cask and the 21 year special. I am quite a snob and have a few bottles that are for special occasions. One of my finest is a 42 glendronic.

Jims5543

I am just learning my Scotches. I like them as much as traditional american whiskey. I find the older ones to be more of my liking, 5 year olds tend to have more bite than I care for.  I think this is a 12 year and it is pretty smooth.

That said, I do enjoy American Whiskey too.

So, I fell asleep last night, did I miss anything? Does Dan still love me?

94touring

Yes I still love you.  I started a 6 day work sequence so just sitting in my jet irritated.   Normally work 4 on but I swapped things around.   I did have 24 days scheduled off in January but now I'm down to 20. 

Mudhen

Brew Free or Die.

Gotta admit I love strong IPAs, especially on an empty stomach.  Only thing better is giving blood before...

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on December 30, 2014, 06:55:17 PM
Brew Free or Die.

Gotta admit I love strong IPAs, especially on an empty stomach.  Only thing better is giving blood before...

ROFL thank you for the laugh and yes, I know that feel.

I destroyed a bomber of 75 minute IPA this evening. I did not know Dogfishhead made a 75 minute. It was good  IBU on par with the 90 minute just not quite the kick.

I was just at Total Wine and grabbed these two 6 packs for tomorrow night.

I have had the Smutty on tap and liked it. The Highlands is by far my favorite Stout.  They are based in Asheville North Carolina and can be found on tap there and I have had it there and it is good. Very excited to have some tomorrow.

94touring

Jims5543

Merlin