How's the Weather Today?

Started by MiniDave, December 06, 2017, 06:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Quote from: gr8kornholio on March 25, 2019, 07:20:30 PM
Well roof is toast. Not surprised, it's 16 years old which is long life in north Texas.  Now to wait to end of storm season to file. Cause as we've seen it could happen again this spring.

I bit the bullet a few years ago and had a metal roof installed, supposed to last 30 years.

My asphalt roof lasted 12 years and cost nearly as much.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

gr8kornholio

Been pretty quiet here in north Texas, looking at another soaker tomorrow, but it pales in comparison to the midwest.  Have friends and family all over OK and KS posting crazy amounts of water.  Just looked at a river level map on weather channel and the Arkansas river is really bad especially around Tulsa. 

Dan, hope you guys are on high ground from the river. 

Need to give my old man a call in KS, he's SW of Wichita and the rain maps shows areas of 24+ inches.  Curious about the Walnut river too since it runs parallel to the Arkansas river about 10 - 15 miles apart.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Yeah, we're saturated.....the sump pump rums all day and night, although mine has stopped today finally, just in time for another storm to move thru this afternoon.

It's tough to keep the grass at bay between all these rain periods.

My pond in my south property went from dried up to overflowing....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Huge tornado cut thru just west of me, it hit Lawrence and the weather guys had it going right thru Susan's neighborhood and I feared the worst, but she said it missed her by a block. I think there was substantial damage to the KU campus, as it's just west and north of her. Seems like it was on the ground for over an hour, but I haven't seen the reports yet to know how bad.....

Torrents of rain came out of that system, but we barely got sprinkles

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

I saw that one on the news last night.  Glad she missed the brunt of it.  We are supposed to bu under the gun tonight, but we'll see how it pans out. 

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Tulsa weather forcast day after day...

We've had heavy storms just about every day for some time now.  We live a few blocks from the river but up the hill.  Our townhouse is off 11th street and these photos are 14th where the river has come over the banks.  Further south it's even worse.

MiniDave

Well, winter 2019 is upon us......later today the snow will start and predictions are 1-4" depending on where you are in the city. We're pretty far south so I'm hoping we get the 1"

On top of that we're supposed to have cold, blowing snow and bitter wind the rest of the week......gonna be a fun Halloween for the little ones. Not sure if we'll need to buy more candy at this point or not.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

its getting cold here 15 when I got up today at least it's not -15 yet.

MiniDave

Whew! 66* yesterday, 26* this morning - typical Kansas fall weather. The shop hasn't gotten frigid yet, but if we keep having these cold nights it will get there....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Buy Monday it will be.  It'll be upper 30's by tonight down here, then a little warmup over the weekend then monday lows in the 20's.

MiniDave

Really? I didn't think Big D got that cold.....no wonder Bruce moved further south!  ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

O yea,  I'm sure part was weather, but scenery and driving roads and less people was probably a lot of it too.

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on November 07, 2019, 11:20:56 AM

Really? I didn't think Big D got that cold.....no wonder Bruce moved further south!  ;D

Bingo!!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

In a word.....COLD!!

24* right now going down to single digits tonight.....and it's been snowing off and on all night, but it hasn't amounted to much yet - I don't think it will accumulate much actually.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Currently it feels like 19 with a 20+ mph north wind. Big D is gonna be 🥶

MiniDave

Currently, it IS 19, with a big stiff wind! We're heading for single digits tonight....but we'll be back to 50 or so by the weekend.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

10:15 pm in San Antonio and it is 37* (wind chill at 26*) and continuing downward.

Forecast low of 30* for tonight.

gasmini

Well at least you had it covered.

MPlayle

It is still freaking cold for south Texas: currently 39*F and gloomy out. 

At least the winds have calmed.  The big flag at the car wash visible out my office window has been sticking straight out the last couple of days while the trees have been getting thrashed.

gr8kornholio

So who's had the craziest weather?  Was 70 yesterday with rotation and tornado warnings to actual snow pellets here in TX.  Just north of us got actual snow flakes.

MiniDave

We got lots of rain, followed by ice, followed by about two inches of actual snow flakes, which was OK by me as they were predicting 9" of actual snow flakes.

We decided to knock the snow off the cars tonight, so tomorrow's sunshine will de-ice the doors and we can get them open.

Good thing tomorrow is sunday, so no commutes to worry about, by Monday it should be all gone at least off the roads.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Today's forecast - Ice.

Continued icy today......so much so that airplanes are skidding off the runways at the airport and businesses are closed all over the city.

The good news is it's supposed to warm up just enough that the ice that's falling now will turn to rain and melt it all, as well as wash off the tons of salt they've been laying down.

I think I'll just stay home today!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Today's forecast? COLD!

Topped out at 3* this morning, but the sun is out now and it's all the way back up to ....erm.....3! Had to wait for my weather to update.

Not supposed to be a whole lot warmer than this till Sat, but once we get thru the next couple of days it's supposed to warm up  back into the 40's....crazy Feb weather but typical for Kansas.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Not much better in TX, tonight's low is 26 and back to 70's by Sun, then 3 more days of rain next week.   

Jims5543

I saw 87 on the truck temp which was forecast for today, with humidity we had a heat index of 91.

Going to rain tomorrow and drop back into a high of 70 next week. Back to normal for FloRida.

We have had an extremely wet winter, I have not had to run my sprinklers all winter and that is a rarity.

We are typically on a fire alerts by now, instead the Fire Service is taking advantage and doing controlled burns all over the area to burn off the underbrush fuel. We have not had a bad fire season since the mid 90's here, I thank our forest service for that, they learned their lesson in the 90's and have been very diligent the last 20+ years.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson