How's the Weather Today?

Started by MiniDave, December 06, 2017, 06:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff10049

Lot's o seed is good I did the same worked well. I wish it would rain here still smokey but getting better.

MiniDave

We had a long hot dry spell this summer and the grass went dormant, but it's all greened up nicely now, of course that means I'll have to start mowing again. Last year I was still mowing grass in November! We used to have snow on the ground from Nov thru March, now it's rare if we get any snow at all in a winter.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MiniDave

Yeah we're supposed to get rain until sunday - it's supposed to be 71 and sunny then!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Gorgeous day today at last - sunny and about 70*, perfect British car weather! I took Don's Pup for a spin around the 'hood and boy is it a sweet driving car now! The final drive change makes the car so much more drivable in the city, and the lack of NVH means it's really quiet -  much smoother and quieter than my '89 Mini, that's for sure!

80 mph is now about 3500 rpm so the car is definitely more drivable for long highway runs, before the noise and harmonics made a long drive hard to take, even with earplugs....now it's almost like a modern car. The power comes on strong from idle but once you cross the Vtec threshold and the power really comes on you do get a little torque steer in 1st and 2nd as the tires try to find purchase - it's easy to control tho.

All in all a nice driving car  - now.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

So got around 7 inches of rain last night.  Street and alley were completely full of water by the time I got home.  I was in Dallas at a concert and they didn't get as much as the suburbs.  Thankfully with the interwebs I knew not to take 75 home as it was flooded in Plano and high water rescues were in action to rescue stranded drivers. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Wow.....we got a little rain early Friday morning but today it is absolutely gorgeous out, 70*, sunny and a light breeze. Half the neighborhood is out mowing the yard....I should be too but I'm being lazy today and just piddling around in the shop.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

pbraun

Hurricane Florence just rolled slowly right over us - still drying out and waiting for the big local rivers to crest out. Some roads out, lot of people hurting. We are all right, tho......minor house damage, cars fine..... royal PIA tho, overall.

How's the weather. Bahhhhhhh.
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified
66 Jaguar XJ13 ( I can wish )

MiniDave

Wow, you're just south of Wilmington and they got hammered - did you see the pics Dan posted of his friend's house? Glad you and yours are OK!

Today we have humidity - must be close to a million per cent......bah!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

pbraun

We got hammered as well, if not worse than Wilmington.......plenty of smashed houses around here, but most in our community are fairly OK - just some shingles out, high water and maybe tree damage. Roads getting back to normal. We were pretty lucky - it could have been a lot worse. 23" rain - the thing moved so slowly when it got on land  - then dams broke, sink holes sprung up roads caved in and flooded. Sad thing is the inland rains in combination with high tides and a full moon are causing more flooding locally and in Wilmington as well. Glad I got a generator but my friend who is an electrician still in repair mode as he had 2 feet of water in the house and has to rip out sheetrock, flooring, etc.... kill mold and rebuild. Our house has a crawl space that got wet - now fan and hot weather drying it out.
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified
66 Jaguar XJ13 ( I can wish )

94touring

His farm/business was demolished as well.  Basically everything he owns is gone.  Donated some money toward him rebuilding.

MiniDave

The river has been up for weeks now, and this is the third of four days of rain we're getting. My yard is floating, the dogs can't find a non-puddle spot to poop! It's been raining pretty steadily all night and will till about 11, then it's supposed to start up again about 2 and rain all night and half of tomorrow, then taper off.

On top of that, it's 72* now but by Thursday it will be in the high 20's at night!

All next week we're gonna have highs in the 40's

Fall has Fallen!

My neighbor has a tree that drops all it's leaves in one day - they're all gone as of this morning - all of them!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gasmini

Quote from: Whee on October 09, 2018, 09:56:44 AM
So now my Moke is here, it's snowing of course :(
Well you've driven it in the rain already so the snow should be better. All you have to do is dress like the kid in Christmas Story and be able to move enough to shift gears. :D

MiniDave

They cancelled the Lake Garnett Grand Prix for this weekend due to water over the track.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Stay out of the Splash ZoneĀ® ! 

;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MPlayle

I was telling one of my neighbors yesterday that I thought I had left the monsoon season behind when we left the Philippines.  September was the second wettest on record and the start of October has been much the same.

Today was actually a nice day - the first since getting back.  I took the Moke to a car wash and cleaned it from the trips.

Jims5543

Last week.

The ground I walk on all day:

The top of my boots and yes I can feel it, hence my taking a pyrometer to them:

Yes, it is still fukkin hot here.

We are ready for a cold front. I hate cold, but I am ready, as soon as we hit under 50 degrees I will cry like a baby.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

De-ice season is almost upon us in the airline biz.   I'll be teaching new hires and new captains what type 1 and type 4 is all about. 

gr8kornholio

It got well into the 80's today with a beautiful blue sky.  By morning it will be 45 and raining.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

We're in for a nice stretch all next week, with sunny cool days and clear nights - I'm looking forward to it.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on October 14, 2018, 05:52:25 PM
De-ice season is almost upon us in the airline biz.   I'll be teaching new hires and new captains what type 1 and type 4 is all about.

Not here if you fly this far south.

We are still over 100 Heat index here.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

Huh................snow last night. Didn't stick and it's sunny today, but cold. Fall has fallen.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

37 in O'Hare but headed to Greenville SC for the overnight where it is showing calm winds, good visibility, partly cloudy skies, and 60 degeees.

gr8kornholio

40 and non stop rain so not quite snow.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on October 15, 2018, 06:56:21 AM
37 in O'Hare but headed to Greenville SC for the overnight where it is showing calm winds, good visibility, partly cloudy skies, and 60 degeees.

I read that like you were speaking over an intercom to the passengers.