Started by MiniDave, December 06, 2017, 06:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Cold, wet, rainy - car reported 40*F at 3:30 pm.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

50's day and cloudy, going to be 27 by Friday morning but then warming back up to 60's during the day
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

Went down to 9° last night (-13° C) but it's already bounced back to 19 now, might hit 30 before we're done......Sunday it's supposed to be back up to 54°, good day to move a car into the shop. Anytime it's above freezing it's a good day in winter - to me. Those single digit days hurt......

Jan and Feb are our worst months, it will be cold, grey, gloomy, damp and in general just miserable. Good time to go to the islands, mon......

During these cold months we keep the bird feeder and bird bath full, and we have a heater in the bath. I forgot that they need water to drink in winter too, we'll see the squirrels up there drinking as well as the little birdies.

I noticed our hawk has been around again - we used to worry about the Pups but now that they're 12lbs or so, I think they're safe. Wouldn't mind if Mr. Hawk fattened up on some squirrel meat tho......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Even at 12lbs, I would still be concerned about the hawks thinks the pups might be "lunch".

My parents' two Affens at 8-10lbs still attracted the hawks' attention.  The hawks in their neighborhood had been known to snatch other small dogs even being walked on lease.

gr8kornholio

Dropping towards freezing here, but did see the sun peaking out.  I can do cold, just don't like the grey cloudy hazy sky. 

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

I can do the cold too, but the damp and grey does get me down. Today we have bright sunshine and its all the way up to 29 now....but it still feels really cold.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

We got snow in San Antonio, Texas last night.  Still on the ground this morning - about 1/2" to 1".  Melting in the bright sun this morning.

BruceK

Quote from: MPlayle on December 08, 2017, 08:19:25 AM
We got snow in San Antonio, Texas last night.  Still on the ground this morning - about 1/2" to 1".  Melting in the bright sun this morning.

Well snow happens about once every decade (or greater) in San Antonio.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MPlayle

Online news reports were saying the last snow was about 1987.

There have been "snows" in the nearby hill-country much more recently, but a long time since San Antonio officially had snow.

Willie_B

An inch of snow then rain so it's mostly gone.

MiniDave

Well, we got about 2" of snow Sunday just in time to have a white Christmas, then last night it started again although it's very fine and light snow, we have about an inch down now and I doubt it will go much more - the real bad news is the 4* F (-16C) temperatures! Much too cold to work in the shop, I can run the heater but it will take a couple of hours to get it warm enough that the tools don't freeze to my hands.....I may wait a few days and see if it warms up again. Forecast says low teens till Thursday when it's supposed to get up to the low 30's again, but then down into the low teens again for the weekend. Yep, it's winter in Kansas!

The red birds are grateful for the full feeder and unfrozen bird bath right now...........I may have to fill the feeder again by the end of the day and I just filed it yesterday. Got to keep my friendly bug eaters alive for spring!

Ever notice how when suburbanites want to show how much snow they got they take pics of their patio furniture?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Always.  LOL.  It's just cold here, and a little wet but no snow or ice.  Going to be cold all the way through the new year.  Need it to warm up so I can replace the carburetor on my truck.  Getting rid of the old worn out asian one and replacing with a weber.  Was also going to clean the motor and reseal the valve cover gasket, but I don't have a shop or a heated space so I need it a little warmer than mid 30's 

MiniDave

Whew! 1* (-17* C) today going for a high of 14* (-10* C)...................Hey Canada! Shut the damn door!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Well, it's warming up a bit, it will be all of 24* tomorrow when Dan is here putting the headliner and windshields in Stan's car, if he could have delayed a couple of days it's supposed to be in the mid-40's by Monday......

Weather app on my phone says it's sunny and 10* right now (-12*C) - they got the 10 part right, but it's a long ways from sunny......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

13* and snowing, and I'm down with the flu......oh well........nothing to do but watch football and listen to the dogs wrestle over a chew toy.......oops, I forgot - NO TV!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Sorry to hear you're ill Dave.  Hope you feel better soon. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Well todays temp is 6* headed for -4*, tomorrows high 5* and low of -3*............loverly.

Watching the boys outside reminds me of those lizards in the desert - standing with one leg up - only in Neo's case two paws up, one front, one back   ;D

Took my temp just now, 101*, third day in a row and shows no sign of abating. Neck hurts, eyes burning, head feels like a clamp around it being tightened, every joint hurts like hell......more loverly.....I can't remember ever being this sick this long.

Just checked again......102.9*

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

You should go outside to cool off!

BruceK

Hey Dave have you gone to a doctor yet? This season's flu is nothing to mess around with. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

It sounds like you got the worse version, agree with Bruce, don't mess around with it.   

My 13 yr old had a mild version over the break, but we didn't realize it till 5 days in.  He only had minor fever 99/100 every now and then.  Just was very tired.  He was the same way about a month ago and that turned out to just be allergy congestion.