A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on April 24, 2014, 12:18:18 PM
Quote from: Jims5543 on April 24, 2014, 11:58:47 AM
So Mrs.5543 is on some henna hair dye website and it scrolling around on there while I am next to her on the couch. I look over and see this hot picture of her and ask why, in the love of all that is good in this world, do I not have this picture in my possession?  She says, "oh, it is just to show other woman my hair color for xx type of Henna dye", well I asked he how many dates she was asked on and she said it is all woman, I just stared at her with "the look" she called me a pig and moved one.

A few days later she texted me this pic.  I am her biggest fan.

There is no greater love in this world than the love of one woman for another.

While I watch.

Second biggest fan...I called it!

Poor girl...she probably met you when you had that cool Porsche...now she's wondering why she's stuck riding around in a Mazda.   19.gif

When she met me I was dirt poor, I was driving a 2 year old Mazda RX7 and trying to impress her with is at a party, she is not interested in cars. I had traded the RX7 for a Suzuki Samurai in a moment of young stupidity and we were dating shortly thereafter.   When we married I had a 1978 Toyota Celica and she had a Vette... Chevy Chevette that is.

I was just a humble drafter when we met and worked my way into a Land Surveying Company while we dated, then, as we got married and had a family, I worked my way from apprentice drafter to VP of the company. I left there to try to do it at a really large engineering company in West Palm Beach and hated every minute I was there. I laid plans there to open my own business and here I am today. When I purchased that Porsche our older son was 10 years old, he flew up to Kansas City with me to drive it back to Florida.  It was a fun father son trip.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Love it - great story!

Sorry to say that's all changed now though, my friend.  Now, like so many of us here, you have to start worrying...'is she with me for me, or is she with me for my Mini'?   ;D

Jims5543

My receptionist found this in the dumpster yesterday when she was making a trash run.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on April 24, 2014, 12:48:11 PM
Love it - great story!

Sorry to say that's all changed now though, my friend.  Now, like so many of us here, you have to start worrying...'is she with me for me, or is she with me for my Mini'?   ;D

LOL!!! That Mini Pickup attracts more attention than the Porsche ever did and for whatever reason I am more approachable in the Mini, I lost count of how many people have come up to talk about it, take pics etc..  Only a rare few would ever approach me walking from the Porsche. The entire prick in the car joke was prevalent.  I never liked the attention the Porsche attracted, the Mini I enjoy.

94touring

The pickups attract a lot of attention, no doubt about that.

Mudhen

I always thought the porcupine joke was for BMWs...I still plan on getting some bumper stickers made up that say:

"MINI...The nice persons BMW".

I know that makes me a hater, but I can't help it.

Jims5543

2 Things.

1. Mudhen, if ever in Florida or wanting to drive down to the Smoky mountains when I head there in April and Nov. I will buy the beers.

2. Porsche Vs. Mazda -  When we had the Porsche, it had no a/c and a VERY loud exhaust.  While fun to drive and looked fetching. It was loud, hot and not so eloquent.  The Mazda on the other hand, handles better, is only slightly slower in a straight line but would destroy the 911 in the twisties, has a/c, is quiet and much more refined.  Guess which one my wife likes to take out to dinner better?

Also, I took a Porsche friend for a ride on the BRP in my RX8 and pointed out to him at one point I was cruising along at 6K RPM and you could barely notice. The engine was silent.

Jims5543

I am not 100% sure but I think I am going into the red zone today for work and as things would have it, it will be noontime when I get there.

Red Zone = really bad hood.

7 murders so far this year and 3 of them in the last 2 days.

Mudhen

Thanks for the offer, Jim - I'm there.  Always a destination for the advrider crowd up here, just never fit it in.  Someday definitely.

If you made it through today, that is!

Looked down by the exhaust in my '65 today....always leaks some oil of course (on the 1 or 2 weeks every other year that it's on the road), but I think I may have found one of the sources...  :-\

A+ blocks...no tappet covers, good idea.   4.gif

Jims5543

I made it out alive! Actually I was not in the bad part of town, I was relieved.

I am confused, what am I supposed to be looking at, is a breather hose fallen off?

I was gonna go out in the garage and tinker this evening, we went out for Sushi after work and I was just settling in at home at 9 pm. I wanted to take care of a couple of things in the garage....

I stepped in through the door from the house, turned around and logged into the computer instead.

Summer is back... this is the temp inside the garage right now.

Also found a really cool pic of my truck on the Wheels Across the pond flikr account.

More pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sparkyvw/sets/72157644137311781/

Mudhen

Early blocks had two big tappet covers under the exhaust ports (I believe for installation/removal of the tappets, not sure what other purpose they may have) that were deemed unnecessary later on and removed.  Cured one of the big places oil leaks develop.

I put a vented cover on mine to try to relieve what we thought was excessive crank case pressure - so it has that pipe and canister looking thing sticking out of it.  That's on the left hand cover, that's pretty much falling off.   :o

You must have a humidifier in your garage?  Assuming that's not a dry heat... ::)

Jims5543

The heat was because my wife drove the RX8 today, parked it in the garage and closed the door.  The car heated it up real good.

Friend that works for me on Saturdays bought a new gun.

Ran two crews today in the field, I used the Mini.   ;D

Jims5543

After going to Bob's Place. I had to buy some and try it. Plus the owner of Thomas Creek Brewery said it was decent.
I
We had to go to my sons private school today for a picnic. I hate going there for social functions because... well.. I do not fit in with these people. I would rather be mixing it up at Bob's Place.  So I smuggled in some Jai Alai IPA to ease the pain.

We are home now. We stopped to pick up a steak to grill and I grabbed some PBR to see what is up.

94touring

Jims5543

Oops! Sorry I never got back online last night.  It is a good beer for the summertime when you are working around the yard or out on the boat or at the beach etc...

It is light, easy to drink and pretty decent tasting.

Of course, the beer snob in me still prefers a good IPA for when I am sitting and relaxing and can actually enjoy the beer, but this is pretty good. I could only find the larger cans, I will keep my eye open for a case of the smaller ones for a picnic we have coming up memorial day weekend.

94touring

94touring

Well I was suppose to be going home tonight.  Instead what happened was I ingested a seagull in the number 2 engine.  Now I don't go home till tomorrow, getting home early afternoon at best.  So much for plans I had.

MPlayle

94touring

The feathers hanging out of the reversers cowling are a nice touch.

sparetimetoys

Love the smell of a bird strike in the morning. How much went in the core?  I bet there are some happy mechs getting a down line for an engine change.
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

94touring

They picked up a bunch of bird off the runway that went the whole way through and the rest was stuck in the low pressure blade area.  I couldn't see up there enough to tell if there was more.  Luckily it didn't throw flames and create a pesky evacuation.   It did make the guys behind us go around till they opened the runway back up.  I'm stuck here till they do a boroscope and clean it out sometime during the night.  Nobody wins. 

Jims5543

Where is here that you are stuck in?

Damn birds, always finding the wrong place to fly.  I will take comfort in knowing this one probably crapped on a nice car at some point in time.

94touring

Syracuse NY.  Originally I was suppose to fly it out at 5am this morning.   Now I'm looking at 9am. 

Jims5543

Great place to be stuck. /sarcasm

Do you big bird guys actually walk the place and preflight?  Or do you have people that do it for you?