A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on March 28, 2014, 01:30:08 PM
If anyone is ever in Tulsa I'll take you to mcnelies.   Roughly 300 beers to choose from.

I forget how many different bottles this place has, but they have 69 on tap. I scored (in bottles) some Dog Fish Head World Wide Stout last night along with a liter of  Brooklyn Brewery Bourbon Ale.

http://beermanager.thehouseofbrews.com/display/Search/BeerOnTap
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

I'll take a Tap 61 please...

All this beer talk and I have to work tonight.  Argh.  Maybe just 1...

Jims5543

Today I surveyed 5 acres on the Intercoastal. Part of my survey legal description calls for it to run along the north line of an old cemetery. I attempted to find the back corner of the same and failed.

But I did take some time to wander around and read some grave stones and have a question.

First here is Mike setting up the instrument:

This is Mort, he is making sure we do a good job (look at the first pic and you can see him watching)

Here comes the question:

James Barnes has a Free Mason symbol on his stone, I get that:

What I assume to be his wife has what kind of symbol on her stone?  Not a star of David, pentagram?

This was another interesting head stone.

Not sure who the Woodsman are...

Gave his life in WW2:

What I thought was the earliest b-day:

Then I found this one:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MPlayle

The symbol on the wife's headstone is the "Order of the Eastern Star".

This link has details:

http://www.stichtingargus.nl/vrijmetselarij/oes_en.html

Mudhen

Quote from: MPlayle on March 28, 2014, 03:35:11 PM
The symbol on the wife's headstone is the "Order of the Eastern Star".

This link has details:

http://www.stichtingargus.nl/vrijmetselarij/oes_en.html

Wow, haven't heard of that in a long time.  I remember when I was little my mom going to 'Eastern Star' meetings...way back in the last century...

94touring

Almost got a great pic this morning during my routine walk along the river.  There was a dead guy that washed up  :-\  The cops and coroner were already around him snapping pics and he was kind of off in the distance.  Close enough I could tell what he was wearing but didn't think to snap a shot.  Interesting morning none the less. 

Jims5543

This is a picture of a Jaguar driven by an old bat a-hole driver.

We had a water delivery at the office today and the truck was blocking 2 spaces out in the very front of the parking lot. Instead of parking across the lot and walking an extra 30' this old lady sat there and kept leaning on her horn. The delivery guy realized what was going on as he walked out of my office and flashed a look back at me in disbelief.

She proceeded to beep at him up to the point that he pulled away.

Then she parked like this:

What a waste of a nice car.

edit - it appears I was not using my cel phone for this pic, I took this picture with a toaster. Sorry for the blur.

Jims5543

94touring

Now that I'm back on the grid let me try this again.

My daily driver, My daily driver, and someone else's daily driver. 

94touring

Breakfast on the jumpseat home this morning at 32k feet.  I was so excited to be eating food.

Jims5543

Jumpseat dining.  Yum!

Yum for the other pic too, ifyouknowwhatImean...

Scary roadkill.

Yeah....

Because...

I hate cows. I mean it too. They freak me out. Probably why I enjoy steak so much.

Baby Armadillo I almost stepped on, now I have leprosy.

94touring

Lol hate cows  :D  Yeah those armadillos carry that, I thought I was the only one who knew.   

94touring

94touring

Jims5543

What airport?  That is a hell of a line and pretty at the same time.

MtyMous

94touring

That was taken in Philly.  This is the same line as we were number 1 from the south side.  I'm based in Philly.  We were doing a quick hop up to LaGuardia, which was the other picture I snapped. 

94touring

First pic was me going home on an Airbus sitting up front on the jumpseat.  The first officer looked like Sloth from the Goonies from the back, so I had to take a pic of him taking a pic.  The choking pic is in the ops room in Banger Maine, makes me laugh.  The other is one of my favorite flight attendants. 

Jims5543

94Touring taking flying back into the 60's bravo my friend, well done.

Flying used to be exciting, FA's used to be sexy, good to see some of that back in travel. All you think about now, is full body scans, xraying your stuff and being treated like cattle.

We need more sexy in air travel and it appears 94touring is bringing sexy back. Yeah, I just said that.

Jims5543

There was a girl fight in front of the sports bar I was having lunch at.

If having an IPA with lunch is wrong then I do not want to be right...

sparetimetoys

Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

Jims5543

Another airline guy! Cool beans!

I grew up next door to a small airport and worked as a lineman when I was in High School. Even took some free lessons and assisted the mechanics when they were doing annuals.

Pics from years past..

My old 911 driving from Florida to the house I had in NC. This was the business shot:

This is on I26 just before Asheville the roads are finally getting fun.

Blue Ridge Parkway you can make out a tunnel I was about to enter in the corner there... Now the roads ARE fun, I decided to skip I26, I40 and the Smokey Mountain Expressway and spend some time on the BRP. It was a good decision.

Winter view from the old house in NC, sniff, I really miss that place.

So Mrs.5543 is on some henna hair dye website and it scrolling around on there while I am next to her on the couch. I look over and see this hot picture of her and ask why, in the love of all that is good in this world, do I not have this picture in my possession?  She says, "oh, it is just to show other woman my hair color for xx type of Henna dye", well I asked he how many dates she was asked on and she said it is all woman, I just stared at her with "the look" she called me a pig and moved one.

A few days later she texted me this pic.  I am her biggest fan.

94touring

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on April 24, 2014, 11:58:47 AM
So Mrs.5543 is on some henna hair dye website and it scrolling around on there while I am next to her on the couch. I look over and see this hot picture of her and ask why, in the love of all that is good in this world, do I not have this picture in my possession?  She says, "oh, it is just to show other woman my hair color for xx type of Henna dye", well I asked he how many dates she was asked on and she said it is all woman, I just stared at her with "the look" she called me a pig and moved one.

A few days later she texted me this pic.  I am her biggest fan.

There is no greater love in this world than the love of one woman for another.

While I watch.

Second biggest fan...I called it!

Poor girl...she probably met you when you had that cool Porsche...now she's wondering why she's stuck riding around in a Mazda.   19.gif