The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Lol!! Two 7% IPA's do not prohibit me from driving 200 yards. I would have walked but I did not have an umbrella so the Mini was a rolling umbrella.

ZFG indeed.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Quote from: Merlin on January 12, 2015, 03:56:51 PM
I like how your car keys are in the same picture. Very ZFG!

22.gif

Jims5543

They had a tap takeover at the Gastropub last night. 4 taps from a local brewery called Sailfish Brewing Company. So I had a flight of their offering. Pretty good.

gasmini

^^^ Well they do always say read the fine print.

Jims5543

Ever have one of those days where by the end of it you just need to be away from everyone?

That was today for me.  Lots of frustrating events one after another.

Mrs5543 let me know I was on my own for dinner. She was talking the 11 y/o for a haircut at 6 pm. So I worked late at the office then headed home.  I broke out a PBR and watched the news. Then went to the garage and went over the Mini since I am going to need it for at least another week. She is eating about 1/2 a quart of oil per tank full. Added a quart of oil drank another PPR and called it a day.

Moved on to Whiskey and I am about done. 6 a.m. alarm set. Busy day tomorrow. So grateful the Mini Pickup is being good to me.

94touring

Is it eating oil or leaking oil?   

Jims5543

Leaking most likely. I do not see it is burning it on the plugs. Well, maybe one I will pull them again and take a look.

It leave a pretty good mess everywhere I go.

94touring

Ah yes, pretty standard for a mini.   

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on January 16, 2015, 05:57:49 AM
Ah yes, pretty standard for a mini.

MINI's too!

That's why when we built our house we made sure to keep the driveway dirt.   77.gif

MiniDave

My Mini/MINIs don't leak oil, neither does my old Jag - after I rebuilt them.

At least for a while....... ;D ::)

Jim. take a look at the axle shaft and shift rod seals, those seem to be the most likely culprits and both are fairly easy to fix.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Didn't I sell you a shift rod seal kit Jim? 

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on January 16, 2015, 10:33:48 AM
Didn't I sell you a shift rod seal kit Jim?

Yes you did.  I am going to Tampa for the weekend but should be home fairly early Sunday, I am going to put it up on ramps and take a look around see if I can find the culprit.

94touring

Tobacco old fashioned.   

Jims5543

I really want to try a proper old fashioned.  Some day.

Picked up a 4 pack while at dinner last night.

Had 3 of these Imperial IPA's last night with dinner. 10% abv glad I was not driving.

94touring

We ended up crashing a wedding.  My cousin flew into town.  Things get out of hand.

94touring

Oh jeez, I got another pic sent to me.  Forgot about this one.   

Jims5543

I love the wig, you look fabulous!!

MPlayle

For some reason your cousin reminded me of Dom Deluise.  Especially in that last picture.

94touring

Him and I are both on vacation this month, which is a bad combo.   He flew in from north Carolina to work on minis and drink.   The problem is we'll go out every night.  So last night was no exception.   I found myself drinking bloody Mary's at this cool place down the road.   We eventually started ordering snacks before we made our way home.   Oh and Jim he and I use to get into "car altercations" in my old rx7.  First thing that happened yesterday was we got into a race with a Mustang.  I smoked him.  Then we adjusted rockers on a mini lol. 

Jims5543

I cannot race anyone anymore, I am driving a Mini now. 

I am going to get pulled over tomorrow morning, I am 80% sure of that. I am ready too, so be ready for a story and video.

94touring

94touring

Jims5543

LOL! Are we having fun yet?

94touring

Bloody Mary's today.   And some delicious dessert fries.