Big news on the job front

Started by 94touring, November 20, 2014, 11:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

The regional carrier I fly for just secured a 6 year contract to fly for Delta, in addition to our American flying we provide.   Needless to say I'm going to be busier than ever as I upgrade to Captain the first part of the year.  I just spent last month in training for normal recurrent.   The mini projects I do for others will be coming to an end, as I simply won't have as much time as a reserve captain.     

Willie_B

94touring

MtyMous

That's awesome, man. Congrats. Glad I got my little beast done before you got so busy. haha

tsumini

Great news Congratulations!. Out of curiosity does it involve Seattle? Delta expanding presence there I hear.

94touring

Sounds like we'll be getting Detroit, Cincinnati, and maybe a JFK base, so wherever they fly out of from there with regional jets.   

Jims5543

Congrats Dan!  I guess that seals the fate of my truck. Gonna source a local body shop to spray on the shape.

If you ever lay over in Florida (MCO, PBI, FTL or MIA) let me know. Dinner and beers are on me.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I may plan a trip down just for the hell of it.  What all are you planning on for the truck?

Jims5543

When I use my phone to post on here, I swear it changes words on me. I have no idea what I was even trying to type up there.

I eventually want to sand it down, address the minor rust spots, fill in the holes around the edge of the bed where the turn buckles used to be and repaint it.

I cannot do that in my garage nor would I even want to try it.

I figured in the late spring I am going to take it off the road, pull the engine and see if I can find a decent shop to do the body work and paint while I tear down the engine and rebuild it.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I should make a trip down just to assess the rust situation. 

Mudhen

The obvious solution is to say no...this is way more important than some silly job...   ::)

Congrats!!

94touring

Well here's a kick in the nuts.   :-[   This is a minor setback for now.   

Willie_B

94touring

Worth pointing out we had some of their airplanes on property being setup by maintenance to start flying on the 5th of January.

velopackrat

Dan,

Bummer to see this, hope they sort it out soon. 
BTW, this is my first post to your site.  I've previously lurked a ton but never registered. 
Thanks for doing your site!

cw

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on December 01, 2014, 07:49:23 PM
Worth pointing out we had some of their airplanes on property being setup by maintenance to start flying on the 5th of January.

That sucks, I would imagine there were some losses as well because of the failure to reach an agreement.

Hopefully, they can come to terms and things work out well for you.

94touring

Quote from: velopackrat on December 02, 2014, 02:49:47 PM
Dan,

Bummer to see this, hope they sort it out soon. 
BTW, this is my first post to your site.  I've previously lurked a ton but never registered. 
Thanks for doing your site!

cw

Welcome! 

Thanks Jim.   

MiniDave

I take it you fly freight?

My brother worked in maintenance for one of the fairy big freight haulers till they got bought out by DHL, now he works for the air force fixing F-16's

My other brother is a captain for a biz jet company out of Oakland, so I'm fairly familiar with the ups and downs of the air industry.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I fly people under the Us Airways flag. 

MiniDave

I hate to say it but I haven't flown in years.....I used to fly 6 to 12 times a year for business or to see family - now I drive. And with gas prices continuing to come down, I may do even more of it....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Got the official letter today I upgrade to captain in April and will be based in Laguardia.

MiniDave

Congrats! Will you move or dead-head?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I'm already based in Philly, so I'll just continue commuting. 

velopackrat

Congrats Dan!

My wife and I just flew through there over New Years.  In fact, I'll bet it's about to be quite a mess...

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on January 24, 2015, 11:55:28 AM
Got the official letter today I upgrade to captain in April and will be based in Laguardia.
Captain Dan....

I like how that sounds and it shall be how I refer to you from now on.