Big news on the job front

Started by 94touring, November 20, 2014, 11:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on June 29, 2015, 06:45:39 PM
Speed tape.  Used often.

Yup, a standard tool in any Nascar tool box as well.  Yet, people freak and take a picture when they see this.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

People are dumb is the problem.

Jims5543

I learned something new yesterday. Thought of you Dan.

Do you know what this is:

94touring

No idea, but based off of my days in small piston airplanes navigating by landmarks, probably something pointing toward something of importance?

MiniDave

*Raises hand furiously* ooh ooh ooh, Mr Kotter! I know!

Dan's right, they are navigational aids, from the earliest air mail routes east and west - especially out west.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Jims5543

Aviation related. When you see it.....

94touring

Merlin

I think that he is referring to the fact that the plane is from the USS Lexington? as a reference to your time spend chasing tail in said city.
Engineering the Impossible

Mudhen

Oh, I think he was referencing the tail alright.  :-X

Looked it up and I can't find the meaning, though... ???

94touring

Oh I broke up with Lexington chick.  Found a girl who lives above the bar in Tulsa. 

Jims5543

Hint:

Look at the N# I am amazed it has not been removed.

94touring

Jims5543

A friend of mine just finished building another persons unfinished Skybolt project, he just got FAA approval and now needs to apply for an N number.  He was throwing ideas around and posted that pic as a joke, I was amazed, it is in a museum and no one has complained.

This is his Skybolt, he is obviously a  licensed pilot and was just licensed for Helicopters too. He works for an international company that leases and maintains Helicopters to the oil industry and others.

94touring

That's sweet.  If I ever got my own plane it would be a small bi plane. 

Hercplt

Quote from: 94touring on August 26, 2015, 04:59:58 PM
That's sweet.  If I ever got my own plane it would be a small bi plane.

Not a bi-plane but my Dad has this for sale??   77.gif
1980 Mini 1000 (Canadian Spec).
998cc +60.  12G295 Head (ported, skimmed etc), VP7 Cam, Twin HS2.... sweet sweet 7.5" Cooper brakes!

94touring

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on August 27, 2015, 09:27:12 AM
Is that an older Mooney?

It is definitely a Moody just not sure what year, I would venture a guess of mid 70's but I may be all wrong.

Jims5543

This happened on a beach near me, the pilot did a fantastic job putting it down, they said it landed so softly they were amazed.

94touring

After 13 years using a standard set of David Clarks that crush my head, I went with their pro series headset.  Half the weight, much smaller, and designed for jet use rather than light piston aircraft.

Jims5543

I bet those are like a treat. I would also imagine after 13 years there have been some technological advances that make the new ones much better.

I personally would have gotten pink though.

94touring

Well some advances for sure like noise canceling but that's about all I can think of.  My old set was still going strong but they're just so big and bulky.  Overkill for jet use.   They still sell the same model today. 

Jims5543