Big news on the job front

Started by 94touring, November 20, 2014, 11:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

sxsman

Well, you might get a chance to haul my sorry butt around one of these days.
Working on selling our house in Ohio (CMH).
Wife started with America West years ago. Merged with US AIRWAYS. Now she's been working on the merger with American.
Once settled, might do a little traveling.
Dimitris has asked I join him a drink in Greece. If  I travel that far I might just have 2. Would like to look up jeg and Alex.
Seems easier to travel RJ's than the larger Air Buses anymore, well at least for none rev slackers like myself.

Best in climbing the ladder.
See you up yonder.

SxS aka Jonathan aka 9&3/4's

94touring

Oh very cool.  Where is your wife based or is she a local agent?   I'm in CMH every so often. 

sxsman

She worked from home for years. She took a promotion, works out at corporate office. PHX

94touring

sxsman

No, time and attendance, works with payroll. I call her a number  cruncher, system is called Workbrain.

Jims5543

Quote from: sxsman on September 29, 2015, 06:19:12 PM
Well, you might get a chance to haul my sorry butt around one of these days.
Working on selling our house in Ohio (CMH).
Wife started with America West years ago. Merged with US AIRWAYS. Now she's been working on the merger with American.
Once settled, might do a little traveling.
Dimitris has asked I join him a drink in Greece. If  I travel that far I might just have 2. Would like to look up jeg and Alex.
Seems easier to travel RJ's than the larger Air Buses anymore, well at least for none rev slackers like myself.

Best in climbing the ladder.
See you up yonder.

SxS aka Jonathan aka 9&3/4's

Nine and three quarters?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

sxsman

Guy that I worked with needed a hand with something and called out "Yo Yo Yo, 9&3/4 (nine and three quarters) can you lend me a hand".

I freakin cracked up! It stuck.
Little history. I was the night manager at a full service gas station. From fill ups to valve jobs. Only 2 bays.
Worked noon till 10pm. This is one of the busiest and loudest intersections in Columbus Ohio.
Was working outside , had my hands in the engine. This POS gas pump jockey-tire changer reaches in and (I've never gotten an explanation as to why, or an apology) hits the key.
Left index finger 1st digit is ripped 2/3's the way off. I , ummm, smarted a little, natural reaction was to  pull away. I ripped the remainder off.
It was found and re-attached  . Don't get down very often, watching it turn black, tissue die and fall off wasn't fun.
People always want to know if I beat his ass. I was raised not to hit women or children.
He's a cross between both. Bit of a pussy, wouldn't be right.

Anyhow, that's going to be the name of my garage or shop.
Guy in COMO Central Ohio Mini Owners is working on some art work for a sign. Not one I really want to own.
If I  can't make fun of myself I have no business making fun of others.
So that's the story.

There was a guy who inferred that some how it was my fault and I should have known.
Yeah, same asshole just got banned at MiniMania.
I've got nothing but love for him.

Oh, an a hickory axe handle.

JFK, one of my better nicknames.

sxsman

PS, Some of you have mad skills on computer stuff. I'd welcome your ideas also for a sign.
Jim put up a question with simple graphics.

It's along the lines I'm looking for.
Oval sign, retro fonts, think green background.

I don't want to hijack this thread, if you guys have free time and would like to lend a hand (no fingers though)
in the sign design post your ideas, maybe Sign for SxS in thread title.  77.gif

Jims5543

Well, my reference/pic was sort of a British reference. The train platform for the Hogwarts Express was 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station in London.

Having 12 year old and 22 year old sons, there was no avoiding the Harry Potter world.

Your story was not what I was expecting but crazy nonetheless. Thanks for sharing.

94touring

Jim I just noticed you broke 1000 post.  Aside from me I think you have the most post. 

Jims5543

Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing.

I do remember when there was only about 4 of us posting here, so I guess I am a post whore.

Mudhen

I was proud of being second...now I'm bumped to third.

You are a post whore!   :D

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on September 30, 2015, 12:08:50 PM
I was proud of being second...now I'm bumped to third.

You are a post whore!   :D

I have been here 4 months longer than you, I would imagine in 4 months you will break 1K posts too.

Difference is, you probably do a lot more actual work on your cars than I do, so your posts are much more useful than mine.

MiniDave

I'm currently 4th, but I've only been here less than a year...... 62.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MtyMous

Yeesh. I'm 5th? I didn't think I posted here much.

On a related note,  check out the new posts and new members this month! Epic.

94touring

We need the post whores to keep people interested.  Thank you for your service Jim  ;D

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on October 01, 2015, 08:40:22 AM
We need the post whores to keep people interested.  Thank you for your service Jim  ;D

Lulz!!

Anything for you old friend.