Started by 94touring, November 20, 2014, 11:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Ha thanks.  They called earlier and said training starts in 2 weeks.  Doesn't finish till April sometime.

94touring

Finished captain upgrade training this morning.   Talk about a stressful week. 

MtyMous

Awesome, dude. Congrats. Go get a steak dinner to celebrate.

94touring

I flew to Lexington to see my lady friend.  62.gif

Willie_B

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on March 29, 2015, 02:04:51 PM
I flew to Lexington to see my lady friend.  62.gif

That's the spirit!!

Congrats Capt. Dan.

Any knee jerk reaction to the events last week?  I wondered how it changes things for you. 
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Ya, I hope they teach you in your fancy training which side of the door you're supposed to be on.   :(

94touring

Regarding the Germanwings incident, I look at it like this.  There have been how many millions of departures in the past say 40 years, and how many crashes were due to a pilot intentionally crashing.  You likely will never hear of a similar story again the rest of your life.  Mental illness can be hidden and unpredictable.  Unfortunately they didn't have a 2nd crew member policy like we have in the US.  This would have helped.  But even then if a pilot wants to take down a plane you could have 5 people up there and it wouldn't matter.   We can have guns...and one guy with a gun can take out the others in the blink of an eye in that environment.   I will still be leaving the cockpit to piss and not be worrying my first officer is set on killing me.

Jims5543

That is why I called it a knee jerk reaction.

It was such an isolated case it was nothing more than an anomaly.

I know how media can influence shit and I know they are just salivating. You know, reporting the plane crash with a gleam in their eye.

So, of course, something has to be done.  /sarcasm

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Yeah I knew what you meant.  Likely all that's to happen is the foreign carriers will need to adopt our two crew members in the cockpit at all times.   

Jims5543

I was thinking since this asshat pilot decided to end 140 lives over a piece of ass, maybe all airlines should only hire and train priests. This way we eliminate the vagina factor.

Boom!! 

Pass that on to the FAA and NTSB.

I take cash or checks.

94touring

All I know is I will still leave to piss without worrying my first officer is set on killing me.

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on March 30, 2015, 10:50:23 PM
All I know is I will still leave to piss without worrying my first officer is set on killing me.

I'd think you'd worry more about some disgruntled stewardess... :-X

94touring

You mean flight attendant, this isn't 1970 anymore lol.  I'm not too worried about them either, I'll just remove the disgruntled ones from the trip. 

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on March 31, 2015, 07:53:16 AM
You mean flight attendant, this isn't 1970 anymore lol.  I'm not too worried about them either, I'll just remove the disgruntled ones from the trip.

Wait, is there a chance of a disgruntled one being on one of your flights.  22.gif

You are indeed a real life Quagmire..... Giggity......

94touring

Oh yeah I've had a few.  And yes I am a real life Quagmire!

Jims5543

Saw this, thought of you Dan.

94touring

Jims5543

94touring

I've been struck by lightening off the nose of the airplane before.  It's bright and loud.

Jims5543

94touring

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on June 26, 2015, 12:11:25 PM
Lol.  I would do that.

Tell me you didn't just say that.

(not that there's anything wrong with that, of course)