My various projects thread.

Started by 94touring, July 20, 2016, 12:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Glad it didn't bend in two when you lifted it up - before you welded it up some it probably would have!  ::)
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Finally got around to painting this 60 shell in Speedwell Blue.

MiniDave

Wow, that turned out great!

What's that I see on the a panel? a reflection or something? Looks like a knob or something?

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out.....that's where the hinges bolt on.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I just happened to forget to tape those holes behind the panel so stuck some rolled up tape in them.

MiniGene

That looks really nice.  77.gif

What are the plans for that one?

94touring

Oh to finish other various items and for the owner to come get it!  He'll be assembling it once back home.

MiniDave

I'll bet he's excited to be getting these pics with color on it......been a long wait.   77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

Indeed it looks great! I am sure they will be excited to be able to get to work putting it back together.

MiniDave

Let's see, paint the bonnet, boot lid and doors, then cut and polish everything.....only another what,.............year's worth of work?   ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on February 02, 2022, 03:15:23 PM
Let's see, paint the bonnet, boot lid and doors, then cut and polish everything.....only another what,.............year's worth of work?   ;D

Haha yes exactly, it's too much work!   I'd rather be flying!  Or driving my bus around!  Speaking of which this speedwell blue will be what I paint the lower half of the bus.  Hopefully have enough leftover from the gallon I had to buy for this mini to spray it too.

94touring

Ok well every last bit of this one has been painted and it's ready to go out the door. 

cstudep

That looks great! I so need to get mine repainted they look so much nicer.

MiniDave

That turned out beautiful! Now the owner just has to make it into a car again......another 2 years of work!

Well done.  77.gif

I doubt people realize just how much WORK it is to paint one of these, even one that's already in good shape.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

skmini

I really like that colour.  Almost regretting tweed grey, but I've got an interior color that won't go as well with blue.  Speedwell and Island Blue seem to be getting popular for Minis.

gr8kornholio

Looks good. What was the roof color on that one?

Dave you are so right, I'm on a year and a half but finally seeing the light of getting it on the road.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

The roof is new mini pepper white.  Goes well on the classic minis.

gr8kornholio

That's what I was wondering.  Yea, Totally agree on that.  My interior guy has a houndstooth fabric that is fused to padding so it's not super white which matches the roof color perfectly. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Another car out the door.  Sure feels nice!

94touring

I've started on another shell that's been on the wait list. Actually one  of 2 which are the last ones I'll be doing for other people.  It's been rolling around the shop floor for awhile till I had time to start in on it. Fixed up the front left corner the past couple days.  Found an old mouse nest inside the cross member.

skmini

94touring

Started cutting away back here. Found some stuff I didn't like and a really bad quarter panel repair where the seams weren't even connected for a section.  Instead it was caked with body filler.  Had to order a few extra panels repair sections to finish it off.

94touring

More on this car.....did the roof paint the past few days.  Here's color sand and the after buffing pics.

cstudep

You do good work, it's shame you are retiring  4.gif  ;D

94touring

Have to make time to paint all my cars!

94touring

A couple patches this past week on a car.  Battery box replacement. Don't mind the sand from the sandblaster to clean up surface rust.

Then a floor patch with some inner and outer cill work and a little corner work.