My various projects thread.

Started by 94touring, July 20, 2016, 12:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasmini

Dan,
Is the one that's stripped and in the middle of your last picture gr8kornholio's mini?
If so it sure looks a lot different than the last time I saw it in person.

94touring

It is! We have minimal rot.  I'll have repair pics soon.

BruceK

Minimal rot is great news.  Can't wait to see the photos.

Mark, is this your new color?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

Naked mini in the middle.   4.gif
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniGene

Looks like you're running a mini assembly line in that picture-LOL

94touring

That's what it feels like too!

Just tugged my shell back in.  I ditched the steel cable and went with nylon rated for 8k lbs.  It's a world easier to work with.

MiniDave

That winch is way bigger than I expected.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

When it said 5k pulling capacity it wasn't joking.

94touring

Was able to find a few minutes to tackle my truck brakes.  I have a road trip in the mountains coming up and lately the brakes have started to wobble the wheel under hard braking, more so when hot.  New rotors and pads went on, old rotors were definetly worn down good.  Much better feel now, no wobbles and seems to stop better. 

The trailer came in handy this week to go pick up 2 new vanities for our upstairs bathroom.  Downstairs remodel is done and now it's the 2nd floor undergoing work.  The vanities weighed roughly 500lbs between the both of them.  Solid wood, granite, sinks, boxed in cardboard and wood on palets...heavy.  Took a fork lift to get them on the trailer.  Getting them upstairs was a task, but we did it with some help.  Old 1970s vanities out.  Jen is pleased.

MiniGene

Quote from: MiniDave on June 06, 2018, 11:27:50 AM
That winch is way bigger than I expected.....

That's what she said!

Giggiddy! 71.gif

94touring

Forgot I had this thread.  Doing a little work on a 60 shell.

94touring

Had to do a little tweaking to the bottom repair panel to get the skin to fit perfectly to the door frame. They only make knockoff repair panels and the lip needed trimmed back.  All gaps check good and time to bend the skin lip and weld it up.

Jimini II

94touring

Thanks.

Today was a door on the 68 pickup.  It was even worse than the 60 door.  Turned out good though.

94touring

Back to the 60 shell today.  I've noticed I work on each car in the shop a day or two before getting unenthused lol. Good thing I only have 4 to work on to keep the rotation going :-[   Anyways, got the boot floor out that needed replaced and the new section in.   Had to order new closing panels and the brackets on the inside also since they ended up mangled beyond use.  The closing panels were already not in great shape so best to replace them anyways. 

MPlayle

Save the spare tire hold-down bolt and cap from the old floor!

94touring

Quote from: MPlayle on January 02, 2021, 04:14:21 PM
Save the spare tire hold-down bolt and cap from the old floor!

Yep, that gets transfered over!

tsumini

Which reminds me I need a hold down cap for my 60. Anybody have one laying around?

94touring

Front subframe torn down to be cleaned up and rebuilt with new parts.

MiniDave

Which car is that for?

I have some straight tie bars if you don't want to straighten those....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I already have new tie bars in the big suspension order.  It goes to the pickup for Bill.

94touring

The one inner cv joint on the short axle was a real monster to get off.  Finally had to put the torch on it for awhile. 

MiniDave

I have new inner CV pot joints coming for that engine.....couldn't get it off with the 20 ton press?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on January 03, 2021, 03:12:26 PM
I have new inner CV pot joints coming for that engine.....couldn't get it off with the 20 ton press?

Too difficult to position on the press so didn't even try.  I let it soak for a few minutes in wd40 then went to town with the torch. That one end was rusty and crusty while the others were clean as a whistle.

94touring

Clubman is ready to be delivered to Dallas.  Engine/subframe combo is available.