My various projects thread.

Started by 94touring, July 20, 2016, 12:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Coming right along, should be done by summer?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on December 28, 2022, 05:38:42 PMComing right along, should be done by summer?

Probably sooner than that.  I have some underside cleaning to do and then just finish prep for paint.

94touring

Oh and this was last week...

94touring

I've been sandblasting in the paint booth this week.  Absolutely miserable job.  I found the only way to keep sand out of my eyes...

I have safety glasses on under the goggles as well! 

cstudep

Sandblasting is a nasty task outside of a cabinet for sure. Have you tried a hood style over a hard hat? It can be a pain in the butt if you have to stick your head inside of somewhere.....like the internals of a car, but I have never had much problem with it getting in my eyes at least.

Of course with your get up, you could always try out for a spot in the next start wars film  :grin:

94touring

Todays work.

MiniDave

Tahiti blue is such a great color!

If his subs and engine are already done, he'll be back on the road by spring.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Buff day.  :040:

DarkHelmet

Quote from: MiniDave on August 22, 2023, 03:22:41 PMTahiti blue is such a great color!

If his subs and engine are already done, he'll be back on the road by spring.....

Theyre done. I do think I need to pull the rear one apart though as I might have overitghtened the front mounts against the bushings, they appear ever so slightly squished but its enough to make it half a bolt hole narrow when lining it up to the old shell.

Dan, loving this work!!
1978 mini1000, A+ 998 engine.

94touring

Door skinning

94touring

Finishing up.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Yeah PORd them and the bottoms got epoxy where the frame and skin press together. Keeps it preserved from moisture.  I'll slosh a little POR in there tomorrow to cover anything towards the bottom I might have missed where the epoxy spreads out.

Scargo

It's a good thing you're not subjected to drop-in visits by OSHA. If so, they'd be all over you like a cheap suit due to your choice in footwear.

94touring

Flip flops and shorts week at the shop!

94touring

Headliner day.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Went well considering it's been a few years since I've done one.

94touring

Well that's a wrap on this one.

cstudep

You do excellent work, paint looks great!

MiniDave

How much assembly are you going to do?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Zero.  Aside from do his glass and help him mount pre built subframes.

94touring

Taking parts from the old shell and putting on the new.

94touring

The rear subframe on this one took a lot of fiddling to get all the bolts to align.

MiniDave

The Rocky Mtn region Mini groups are really active, I'll bet he'll have it on the road by next spring so he can join in on some runs!   :steeringwheel:

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad