A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Looks like I have a red Mini instead of a white one based on brake lights illuminating my car! 

A super clean 1071S showed up!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

The ring of fire eclipse passed over my house this morning, and I wish I could've taken a photo of it. But I did get photos of crazy shadows on my wellhouse and neighbor's driveway showing circular patterns.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

skmini

That red is spectacular.  With the shorter days, fall colors and could-snow-any-day-now I've been taking a few pictures while I'm out driving.

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on October 14, 2023, 11:47:07 AMThe ring of fire eclipse passed over my house this morning, and I wish I could've taken a photo of it. But I did get photos of crazy shadows on my wellhouse and neighbor's driveway showing circular patterns.

That is pretty wild.  I was unaware of this eclipse.

94touring

I found a really good Greek restaurant in Kaiserslautern Germany tonight. Aside from the food and wine being amazing, the owner was also amazing. We friended each other on Instagram. He kept bringing shots to the table to drink with us.  This is the experience...

BruceK

I was at the Austin airport this morning for a TSA thing, and the town is getting all ready for the race this weekend.  The RedBull car had Max's name on it, but I'm not sure how close it is to the real thing. Meaning I don't think they make any updates to it once they create the show car. I'm kind of surprised they didn't clean the tires off, they seem to show all the dust they picked up from the airport floor.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Well, it appears that the Aston Martin team shops at Costco in Austin.  Stocking up on food for the team and guests.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on October 15, 2023, 05:18:56 PMI found a really good Greek restaurant in Kaiserslautern Germany tonight. Aside from the food and wine being amazing, the owner was also amazing. We friended each other on Instagram. He kept bringing shots to the table to drink with us.  This is the experience...

Looks like a fantastic place. So nice when the proprietor actually takes interest in patrons having a good time.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on October 17, 2023, 09:16:04 AMWell, it appears that the Aston Martin team shops at Costco in Austin.  Stocking up on food for the team and guests.

Were they racing through the store with the carts?

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on October 17, 2023, 04:51:16 PM
Quote from: BruceK on October 17, 2023, 09:16:04 AMWell, it appears that the Aston Martin team shops at Costco in Austin.  Stocking up on food for the team and guests.

Were they racing through the store with the carts?

Haha. They were definitely hustling to get all the food.  I spoke to one of them and wished his team good luck on Sunday. He kind a look embarrassed about being spotted.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Pretty hard to miss them when they're in team uniforms!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: skmini on October 14, 2023, 02:08:53 PMThat red is spectacular.  With the shorter days, fall colors and could-snow-any-day-now I've been taking a few pictures while I'm out driving.

Great photos.  The car looks super.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Brit_in_TX

Quote from: BruceK on October 17, 2023, 08:27:00 AMI was at the Austin airport this morning for a TSA thing, and the town is getting all ready for the race this weekend.  The RedBull car had Max's name on it, but I'm not sure how close it is to the real thing. Meaning I don't think they make any updates to it once they create the show car. I'm kind of surprised they didn't clean the tires off, they seem to show all the dust they picked up from the airport floor.

That is not the current car, at a guess it is an RB16, before the current regulations.  Just has the current "paint" job - wonder if it is the one that is normally in the Oracle HQ building in Austin.

BruceK

This hallway of the AutoTrader UK offices might just remind you of a certain movie...
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Geez.  I remember when these filters used to be $1 each.  Is it inflation? Or crazy priced because of the John Deere branding?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

BruceK

Wowsers.  At a local C&C these two show up. A year 2000 Mini, one of the last 15 works cars made. Here "legally" because it still on Dubai plates.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

And this genuine Alfa 2300 - owned by the same guy - that raced on the Mille Miglia (twice, once in the 1930s and later in the 1980s). Mucho $$$$$$$$
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on November 05, 2023, 09:55:52 AMWhat's with the fog?

Tell me about it!  It was crazy this morning with fog. Michael and I drove about 50 minutes to get to the show all through the country and in the valleys there would be fog and big temperature changes with very humid air and all the sudden we would have fog on the inside and outside of all the car windows.  Fortunately, we had defrosters and wipers to deal with that. But a fellow Mini owner brought his convertible 67 Mustang and he drove there with the top down. It fogged up inside and outside instantly at one point and he had to get his passenger to stick her head outside to see the edge of the road to guide him to the side of the road to stop to deal with the windows.

Bonus fog photo: Here's an unrestored 1931 Chrysler that has been in the same family since new!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

And what is it with everyone having to have a roof rack with a suitcase mounted in it? Especially a big deal with the VW boiz.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

A few pics from Frankfurt the past couple days. 

MiniDave

I couldn't read the text for the church, but I wonder if the allies missed it on purpose?

It's amazing how ornate the old part of town is.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

If you click on the photo the resolution improves and then you should be able to read it.