A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

We had a big turnout at C&C today, nine Minis!  That's pretty impressive considering it's still pretty darn hot. The gates are the show open at 6:30 AM and by 8:30 or 9 AM. It's all over. (Six Flags  opens for customers at 10, so the cars need to clear out of the massive parking lot). Which is good because it started getting pretty toasty around 8 o'clock.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

And some more.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

So... I am on YouTube and a video from Japan about a new Mini purchase randomly pops up. So of course I watch it even though I don't understand the language.  But I did get a real kick over the labels on the AC controls on this Japanese Mini.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Yes, the white wagon is the one that is Vtec'd (and turbo'd).  It has also had a Clubmanectomy.

(Clubmanectomy: the conversion of a classic Mini Clubman from the square front end to the original style round front end.  Often done on Estates to get the more classic look while having the benefits of the roll-up window doors.)

BruceK

I'm on vacation now hitting a series of national parks.  We started out at Glacier National Park and now we are in Yellowstone. We will head to the Grand Tetons in 3 Days. 

The old tour buses from White Motors that served the national parks for decades were refurbished/rebuilt with modern Ford truck drive trains, but they still retain all their original styling and character.  Glacier has red ones, and they are yellow (duh) for Yellowstone. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

I remember seeing that yellow bus up there last year. 

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on September 14, 2023, 06:52:46 PMI remember seeing that yellow bus up there last year. 
There may be more than one of them.  At Glacier two of the buses I saw were numbered #97 and #88 implying the fleet there is very big. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Re
Quote from: MiniDave on September 14, 2023, 07:12:08 PMGoing to cruise by the Overlook Hotel?

Red Rum Mrs. Torrance!!!!

Nah, We aren't headed that way.  Flying from Jackson Hole to Seattle after this. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Let me tell you, it's easier seeing these from 40k feet than flying right up on them.  Also tricky taking pics while simultaneously trying to shoot the arrival as the flying pilot.

ve9aa

I think those yellow ones were on "Jay Leno's Garage" on youtube.

IIRC, they're very rare !

Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

I'm really enjoying the views of the Tetons. It was explained to me because they don't have foothills and just rise up from the valley floor they are more dramatic looking than taller ranges.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on September 18, 2023, 06:42:29 AMI'm really enjoying the views of the Tetons. It was explained to me because they don't have foothills and just rise up from the valley floor they are more dramatic looking than taller ranges.

Brit_in_TX

Saw this as I was leaving San Antonio C&C, in my very logical brain it seems really dumb to fit wide rims and tires and then only have about 25% of them in contact with the ground!

94touring

BruceK

Spotted this early E-Type on a back street in Jackson Hole, Wyoming today.  Every other vehicle here is pretty much a pickup, Subaru, a modern Jeep or a huge SUV so this really stood out. Triple SU carbs through the hood louvers of course.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

MiniDave

That rear 3/4 view is one of the best for this car.....great photos!

What's the weather like in Jackson Hole?

When you look at the pyramids on Google, it's amazing just how much civilization has encroached on the site. When you look at pics from ground view it looks like it's way out in the desert, but the city is right there! In fact, there's a freaking Marriot and golf course right across the street from the great pyramid!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on September 19, 2023, 12:49:58 PMThat rear 3/4 view is one of the best for this car.....great photos!

What's the weather like in Jackson Hole?

When you look at the pyramids on Google, it's amazing just how much civilization has encroached on the site. When you look at pics from ground view it looks like it's way out in the desert, but the city is right there! In fact, there's a freaking Marriot and golf course right across the street from the great pyramid!

Yeah, it's such a sexy car in Series 1 form.  And it looks so small and low to the ground when you compare it to modern cars.

The weather was low of about 35 and high of 70.  Sunny and bright. Perfect really.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Heading out at 5:30 this morning to go to C&C.   Since I was reserving the space for Minis, I came in the back way and skipped the line to set up cones.  With the days being so short, and the show opened up to the public about 70 minutes before sunrise! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S