A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Wow. That camper reminds me of the old wooden speed boats from the 1930s.  Yeah, I realize it's a completely different shape but seeing that wood out in the sunlight really looks nice.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

Looks like Home Depot is getting a little desperate - sending out emails to get some review on items purchased. Like a very complicated and unique 3/8" lock washer!?!?  :rolleyes:

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Saw this 2CV the other day.  Pretty rare around here.  Haven't seen one at a car show in decades.  Of course it looks tiny near modern cars.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Some impressive statues in Macedonia

Willie_B

Death Valley. If you zoom in on the cliff face in the last pic you will see a white sign. That is 282 feet UP to sea level.

94touring

Here's a hack on how to straighten coiled brake lines, or fuel lines for that matter.  I do my own lines so this will come in useful for the full lengths under the body.

BruceK

Saw this old Lambo at a car show this morning.  Never seen one before. It's a Islero model.  The styling seems like a real laid back (both literally and figuratively) old school supercar.   V12 of course.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Brit_in_TX

The fact they had to put this sign up makes we wonder what happen!

MPlayle

Insurance requirements for "stupid people occurences"?

Brit_in_TX

As seen in my neighborhood - surely using rocks or bricks to secure your car cover defeats the point!

ve9aa

A normal day here on the Ridge.

I was able to drive the tractor around 150' down the driveway while they just looked at me.

Got within maybe 60' of them once I started crossing the lawn before they decided to take off.

I can never get close to them with a normal car, but I have 2 small tractors (diesel) and sometimes I can get very close.

Funny - huh
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

94touring

Saw a bunch of deer at the campsite this week.  Every morning and usually in the evening they'd walk right through our spot.

94touring

Trying to upload a vid of them playing in the field across from the campsite...

ve9aa

Antenna on my Harley.  (some Mini content for those with keen eyes)
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

94touring

In Nuremberg looking at some history today.

94touring

cstudep

No need to guess what they are hauling I guess.

Willie_B

BruceK

Michael and I went to an informal C&C-type of car show yesterday in a little town about an hour north of San Antonio.  He took his Mini van and I took my Toyota LiteAce.

But one of the really interesting cars there – to me anyway – was an early 1930s Chrysler that I overheard was a recent barn find.  Unfortunately, the owner was not around to provide the details and backstory.

From looking at photos on Google, I believe it is a 1931 Chrysler Convertible Coupe with a straight six and 3 speed.  And talk about patina! The seats look original, and the top sure looked original too. Although the paint was shot, you could just make out the pin striping from the factory.  The factory heater was really interesting sitting up on the fire wall above the passenger footwell.  Incredible that this is 92 years old and still running well.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

You getting the mini out much these days Bruce?  I had a notification it was the 7 year anniversary of painting your car.

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on September 04, 2023, 01:11:15 PMYou getting the mini out much these days Bruce?  I had a notification it was the 7 year anniversary of painting your car.

Hi Dan.  Wow, I can't believe it was that long ago. The car continues to look great thanks to your work. 

I have not had the Mini out for a couple of months now because our area is suffering through a tremendously hot summer - I think we've had like 66 days over 100° (!) this summer.  So when I go to a car show, I've been taking a different car from my little fleet – something that has a/c.

But I told Michael yesterday that it's time for the Mini to come out again so it will make an appearance at this Saturday's cars and coffee.

Edit:  I think it was six years ago, not seven.  My wife followed me up to your shop and she took this photo of me driving the Mini which is dated June 3, 2017.  As I remember it, you worked on the car over the summer and I picked it up in the Fall.  Still, even if it's six years, as Dave said, time sure does fly!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S