The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

It just hit me!! No!! Not the Whiskey, that hit me an hour ago or more.  ;D

Chick on left, Sarah Michelle Gellar!!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Quote from: gr8kornholio on December 18, 2019, 07:16:03 PM
Umm. Pot stilled Irish whiskey. Good stuff but my stomach doesn't like it.  Believe the brand I tried was red breast.

Didn't see a single cow when we drove through Wisconsin. Started to crack jokes about cheese growing on all the plants we saw.

We're driving to Duluth Sunday.  They're having a heat wave next week.  20 above normal.  Of course that's still 4 or so below freezing.  Packing some whiskey for sure.

Interesting about upsetting the stomach.  Why do you think it does that?

I can honestly say I have never been in Wisconsin.

We were in the 80's here yesterday, today a cold front moved through and it was in the 60's.

We almost died.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

If anyone ever wants to come to Appleton just let me know

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on December 18, 2019, 08:05:35 PM
If anyone ever wants to come to Appleton just let me know

I have no idea what an Appleton is, but sure, if the 2 girls are there I will be too.

MiniDave

My niece went to college in Appleton - Lawrence.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Saw the new star wars this evening, decided to do that while drinking heavily because $10 beer make a movie rip off feel better.  Now I am doing what I have done since I woke up this morning, drafting work before next week.

Maybe it was the two 22 oz pours of IPA or maybe I am losing my mind.

I felt it was good.

Here is the mindset. Go in drunk and with ZERO expectations like you never saw a Star Wars movie before and this one is actually half way decent, like a 2.5 star (out of 5) movie, just like the OG Episode 4 movie.

The acting is marginal,( FU you Phin!!  ) the plot is somewhat predicable and full of holes and question marks... if you want to be a geek about the entire affair... OR... you can go in with the expectation of being distracted from real life for 2 hours and suck it all in.

No spoilers tonight, just saying it was pretty well done and tolerable.

I went in with VERY low expectations, left thinking, that was OK There was minimal SJW content which was a nice break from the last episode.

Would suggest to any Star Wars fan, go see it, it is episode 9 of a triple trilogy, close it out and move on with your life. There is even a reference to the ever allusive Knights of Wren, albeit brief and with no substance, they DO make an appearance... finally!!

Well worth seeing on the big screen.  

94touring

This weekend took the girls to the performing arts center to watch the nutcracker.  Also it was my 40th bday and Skylars 30th.  Naturally we made a big night of it.  Got a few hours sleep then painted Justin's truck bed.

94touring

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 18, 2019, 07:58:56 PM
It just hit me!! No!! Not the Whiskey, that hit me an hour ago or more.  ;D

Chick on left, Sarah Michelle Gellar!!

Close.

Jims5543

Entirely unacceptable this thread has sat dormant since 2019.

We need to get our shit together fellas.

I scored a 6 pack of this last week along with a couple more bottles of 120 IPA that were tagged with the date and stuffed to the back fo the Beer Fridge.

94touring

I took my classmates out last Friday.  Then last Sunday set the VP of the company up on a date with a lady I know.  We had a double date with them, things went well, and now they're on date number 3.  That being said  I ended up in the company box at a hocky game today.

gr8kornholio

Glad the essentials were still available.   Has a nice woodsy taste and smooooth. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jims5543

Happy belated Birthday Dan.

I decided to not drink in March, I made it 20 days. Stress is too much, Mrs5543 and I split a bottle of Red Wine last night.

This evening I am back into my Buffalo Trace.  Tomorrow I go dry again until next weekend I am too busy to drink.... for now... I am sure that will end soon. Then I can be a flat out drunk.... Woo!

John Gervais

I don't know what happened, but I haven't had a beer or a distilled beverage in a long time - just haven't been in the mood.  The ladies at work (nothing like Dan's friends  :-\ ) gave me a bottle Christmas beer back in 2018 and I finally used it in something we cooked for dinner.

I've never been in this shop, yet it's virturally next door - literally.

https://rombo.dk/kontakt

If you were to 'drive' the map from Frederiksberg Svømmehal to Rombo, you'd pass my apartment - the mini was parked across the street from the building next door. 

Frederiksberg Svømmehal

- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Jims5543

I am going to need to check into AA when this virus is over.

I bought myself some presents Saturday.

I got into the Rittenhouse Rye Saturday night making Old Fashionds.

I also pulled this off the shelf and dusted it off to have a glass.  Every time I go back to this amazing Whiskey, and take a sip, I just sit there and marvel at it. What an amazingly smooth Whiskey.

gr8kornholio

I had an 18 yr Bushmill that was finished in port wine pipes.  It's been by far one of the smoothest whiskeys I've ever had. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Got home yesterday afternoon after having been gone for about 2 months.  The girls and I put away 5 bottles of wine in celebration.  It's good to be home.

Willie_B

Quote from: 94touring on April 15, 2020, 09:47:23 AM
Got home yesterday afternoon after having been gone for about 2 months.  The girls and I put away 5 bottles of wine in celebration.  It's good to be home.

So now that your home are you out of a job for now for now?

Jims5543

Welcome home, in 4 weeks you will be sick of sitting in it all the time. *

I just ran to the corner Gastropub to pick up some take out lunch, I discovered they sell 32 ounce plastic cups of tap beer too.   ;D

* I am sure you will be at the shop as well.  Along with places that are closed... but open... but really closed.

94touring

Quote from: Willie_B on April 15, 2020, 10:38:09 AM

So now that your home are you out of a job for now for now?

Not yet!  We're doing repatriation flights till May 5th.  Then there may be an issue.  I'm home this week awaiting to be assigned what's called IOE, which is flying a trip with an instructor to give me the final nod of approval.  Maybe I wait a week, maybe I wait all summer.  Good news is I'm off training pay.

MiniDave

Time to get in the shop and get some things DONE and out the door and the money coming in!  62.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Do you want a roommate?
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

Quote from: John Gervais on April 15, 2020, 02:13:58 PM

Do you want a roommate?

Are you an attractive woman?

John Gervais

Oh well, I guess Hyacinth will have to remain here - you've got your standards and all...
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on April 15, 2020, 02:37:03 PM
Quote from: John Gervais on April 15, 2020, 02:13:58 PM

Do you want a roommate?

Are you an attractive woman?

I am not but I have it on good authority I can give a hell of a hand job.   4.gif