The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

:D

Cool pic of the different beer colors!!

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Woo hooo!! I finally got my hands on a Ballantine IPA today and draft no less!!

http://ballantinebeer.com/

The Yankee scum has been enjoying it for months and finally it has made it to Dixie!!

I had a couple with lunch (at 3 PM today which sucks and is another story) and man, it is a proper IPA by a big brewery.

I am toying with stopping off for a growler after work so have some more this evening.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

How I kill time at the crew crashpad. 

94touring

Found a little brewery called Ethereal in an old distillery in Lexington last night.

Jims5543

This was me Monday morning after a long weekend in Key West...

94touring

That's funny cause this was me?

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on July 21, 2015, 06:09:51 AM

I suddenly have this urge to meet up with you and drink.

Jims5543

I love this guy:

His email:

QuoteDid I email a request for a final survey on this job?  I thought I sent this from my phone but cannot find it in sent mail.

Renee is filling in for Jess today so she answers:

QuoteOnly the one I just responded to and this one...I am getting it ready now.

He responds:

QuoteOk, I believe I was typing it out the other night (while under the influence) and I think my phone died before I could send then of course I forgot this happened :)

LOL!!  He is a super cool client, his father and him are uber wealthy and run a custom home construction company.

They are also party animals and a lot of fun to be around, I have been over dads house for dinner (I was thinking of building a new home and he offered to build it for me at his cost... no profit.)

I love these guys.

94touring

Quote from: Jims5543 on July 24, 2015, 09:04:54 AM
Quote from: 94touring on July 21, 2015, 06:09:51 AM

I suddenly have this urge to meet up with you and drink.

buhaha.  That's actually my friend lyndsey, she slings drinks at my bar too. 

94touring

Making dark n stormies tonight at the dc party pad.

John Gervais

The beer glass image reminded me that I enjoy a beer now and then.

My friend has an old bottle of this on a shelf in his garage.

- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Yea, I am a casual beer guy too, I might have one here or there...

Who am I fooling?  I drink like a damn fish, I am an Italian that thinks he is Irish. That is probably why my Irish BIL and I get along famously.

Jims5543

I saw this and thought of my pals on RM.

94touring

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on August 06, 2015, 08:43:55 AM
Haha that's great

Ooops!1 Actually this was the pic I wanted to post, that one was funny too.

Mudhen

Ok, so this has to be near the top of the list?

13%?

After drinking that I honestly think I had an epihany...

No, I mean, an Epiphany from Foundation brewing.

http://foundationbrew.com/beer/epiphany/

Guiltiness setting in....tomorrow when I log in and see this at least.  52.gif

Jims5543

LOL!! No, you did good, 2 beers I need to find now, what is that one pictured?

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on August 11, 2015, 04:21:17 AM
LOL!! No, you did good, 2 beers I need to find now, what is that one pictured?

Yesterday I was thinking, damn, missed an opportunity for a lame 'I had an Epiphany' joke.  Apparently I didn't.   :-[

That's a Stone Farking Wheaton W00tStout.

http://www.stonebrewing.com/collab/w00tstout/

The beer that eats like a steak.

94touring

At my dca crashpad I keep vodka, rum, tonic, and ginger beer in my section of the shared closet.  Couple weeks ago I bought a bottle of 151 gosling dark rum, made a drink for myself and lady friend.  Last night I look at the bottle and think, that looks low for only two drinks.  I make a mental note.  This morning I wake up and the bottle is damn near empty.  In typical fashion I am pissed beyond belief.  Someone  (only 3 of us in the place right now) is stealing my damn booze.  Take a shower to ponder which jerk is doing this.  Paul the mechanic shares my closet and was the only guy there last night and works nights.  I decide to kill Paul when he gets back from the night shift...well confront and potentially punch him in the face.  I get out of the shower and there's Paul walking in.  Takes a look at me, noticing the anger, goes...oh yeah I'll replace that rum.  Starts feeding me a load about how his tooth hurt.  Ok buddy just go buy a new bottle before you tick me off anymore.  Guy must be an alcoholic or something. 

gasmini

94touring

Quote from: gasmini on August 14, 2015, 09:43:13 AM
Quote from: 94touring on August 14, 2015, 06:58:04 AM
  Guy must be an alcoholic or something.

Is it bad I considered hiding my booze in the toilet?   ;D

Willie_B

Quote from: 94touring on August 14, 2015, 10:10:31 AM

Keep the replacement bottle he buys, when it is empty refill with cheap stuff and hide the real thing. Maybe he will empty it again and buy you more good stuff.

Jims5543

Quote from: Willie_B on August 14, 2015, 04:40:41 PM
Quote from: 94touring on August 14, 2015, 10:10:31 AM

Keep the replacement bottle he buys, when it is empty refill with cheap stuff and hide the real thing. Maybe he will empty it again and buy you more good stuff.

Willie is a genius.

Do it.

Mudhen

x2.  Pot, kettle.   :D

Fill it with cheap booze?  Take a leak in it!   77.gif