The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

I call this pic.... happiness.  All of them are Dogfish head high octane beers, all of them are aging. Some are close to 2 years old.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

I'll be there in 20 minutes.

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on March 18, 2019, 03:48:36 AM
I'll be there in 20 minutes.

You are welcome here anytime brother.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Found this in a beer store called Bombers in Wilmington over the weekend. Bottle says drink fresh so down it goes. It is from up in Mudhen land.

Jims5543

Had this one in Georgetown SC on our way to Wilmington. Twas very good.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on March 25, 2019, 03:35:41 PM
Found this in a beer store called Bombers in Wilmington over the weekend. Bottle says drink fresh so down it goes. It is from up in Mudhen land.

Oh ya it is!   4.gif

On tap in a lot of places around here, but not easy to find in bottles.  'Dinner' is wicked...and they've now added 'Second Dinner' which is even more wicked-er.

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on March 25, 2019, 04:41:14 PM
Quote from: Jims5543 on March 25, 2019, 03:35:41 PM

Oh ya it is!   4.gif

On tap in a lot of places around here, but not easy to find in bottles.  'Dinner' is wicked...and they've now added 'Second Dinner' which is even more wicked-er.

It was awesome.  I an envious you can get that on tap.

Someday I will have time to explain my shenanigans last weekend. Nothing exciting just a wild hair to go on a road trip.

Jims5543

Found this at bombers too.....

***Rick Flair Voice***   Woo!!!

Jims5543

I have discovered another gem. Pulp Friction Grapefruit IPA... I found it on tap in St. Petersburg last weekend.
Then it was on tap when I met my buddy Kevin for a beer last night, then I found it on the shelf of the local beverage store today.

If you have the means, I suggest you pick one up - Ferris Bueller

Jims5543

94touring

I read about that the other day.  I have mixed feelings too.

Jims5543

I have worked about 15 days straight leading up to a big vacation.

While it officially starts tomorrow night, I am so over it all.  Time to numb the pain.

I worked in the field this past Saturday for most of the day, then all day Sunday drafting. Today I am far from done, I will be lucky to be in bed by midnight after getting to office at 615 this morning.

Tomorrow I plan on laving the office at 630 after coffee and deuce to do 3 jobs. Then I am hoping on meeting wife and younger kid for breakfast. Back to office until 3PM when I leave for almost a week.  Last time I was off for a week was 2 years ago.  My life is long weekends away now.

I decided to make some old fashioned's to get me through the evening, I guess my vacation starts now.   ;D

94touring

Bump for the drunk thread.  In Minnesota today and nothing better to do so found an Irish Pub.  Surly Octoberfest beer and a Reuben sandwich is on the way.

Mudhen

I think this is the only thread I'm still following...hope all is well!

Cheers!   4.gif

94touring

I moved on to sam Adam's seasonal summer.   Both are good. 

Mudhen

Having a Citrillia double IPA.  Clear as mud...

Celebrating getting my Copart JCW Clubby on the road.  Just put a front temp sensor on it and got rid of the check engine light so she's good to go!

94touring

Jim texted he's on a citrus IPA.  I'm still going back and forth between summers and Octoberfest.

Jims5543

This is the Grapefruit IPA I am drinking. I found it in St. Petersburg when I did my Sunrise to Sunset Tour, the local craft beer joint keeps it in stock. 

I am just wrapping up my day, started at 0630 and just now finishing at 2300.  Woo!!

I am celebrating being too busy at work to hardly play.  Cool find at Copart there Mudhen I imagine it worked out to be a good deal.

I am only 2 deep this evening.  Too much to do to get sloppy.

94touring

Back to work.  Found a brewery in Birmingham.

94touring

And the brewery next door

Jims5543

We just had a new Brewery open up here in town, the beer is great and the food is some of the best I have had in a brewery.

I had 15 minutes to kill on Wednesday this past week, went into this little Beverage place in Hobe Sound and saw a 4 pack of these on the shelf, I was so happy.  They are stuffed in the back of my beer fridge, I will touch them again in about a year or two.

Jims5543

MiniDave

All I have to do is take my glasses off to get that effect!   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Take my glasses off or just drive my mini.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on September 30, 2019, 05:44:37 PM
Take my glasses off or just drive my mini.

Ever masturbate furiously while trying to watch pronhub on your phone?

Same effect...