How's the Weather Today?

Started by MiniDave, December 06, 2017, 06:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Welcome on board.  Yeah I say that 200 times a month.  The seat belt sign will come off once we find a smooth ride.

MPlayle

Windy, 46* with windchill at 39*, and rain.

Definitely NOT Moke weather.

MPlayle

The rains have returned.  Steady drizzle since late afternoon.

MiniDave

Wow, it's been perfect fall weather here for almost a week - sunny days in the 60's and cool nights in the 40's. It could do this till June and I'd be one happy camper but I have a feeling winter is just about to pull up and smack us.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

And winter is upon us, snow yesterday that went away today, but after getting all the way up to 34* today, it's headed to 15 tonight. This weekend is the date they re-scheduled for the Lake Garnet Grand Prix and the high tomorrow of 35* and Sunday 40*

Going to be cold running those open cars like Super 7's and Bugeyes!

The back door to my shop literally fell apart, the bottom foot just fell off - I was able to stuff the old water logged rotted piece back in but as it is I can't open it. It's an unusual size - 30" X 80" but I found a steel clad door down at Home Depot that should fit perfectly, I just need it to warm up a bit so I don't freeze my hands off trying to install it. The only thing is the new door won't have any windows, but I'll have to deal with that. I liked the window because it let in some light and I could peek out and watch Da Boiz out in the back yard.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I predict an upcoming window install in a steel door.  ;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

joakwin

my garage was 72 and it was sunny outside

D16z6 Automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes, deseamed shell

MiniDave

Sounds like a good time to visit my son in Phoenix!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MPlayle

Low 40's here this morning. 

I bundled up and took the Moke and met some other local Mini owners for a short run to the local Cars&Coffee, then a late breakfast/brunch.  I had fun with it - heard several folks at the Cars&Coffee declare I "had balls" being out in the Moke in the cold.  When the Minis pulled in as a small group (7 cars total: a Pup, the Moke, and 5 Saloons), heads turned and we drew the crowd.

BruceK

That a lot of Minis for San Antonio!  (at least from what I remember)
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

Apparently they have up to 25 in the area in their Facebook group (Texas Mini Dashpots).

A LOT more "in hiding" around here than I ever thought.

MiniDave

I'm surprised how many I find here in KC too, and yet the only ones I ever see are the usual suspects.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

My BiL lives in Colorado Springs and said he'd been out plowing snow the last few days....

We got it here this am, tho I don't know how much we'll get at this point. Right now we have about an inch. I got the bird feeder loaded up and the heater in the bird bath just in time, my little feathered buddies are loving that!

DaBoiz went out to do their business and got a surprise, but Remo loved it - he was tearing around in it like Whee on his Moke....

Looks like you were having fun with the Moke, Whee! But.......nothing on your head?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

That reminds me of the photos of Issigonis testing the Twini Moke!

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Need to find a track conversion for it.

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jims5543

Whee looks like he is having too much fun, I have reported him.

Relevant and interesting.

https://spaceweatherarchive.com/2018/09/27/the-chill-of-solar-minimum/
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

Colddddd, but supposed to be getting back up to the 50's by the weekend.

Makes it hard to work in the shop when we get down into the low teens overnight, I ran the heater for a couple of hours this afternoon and got it fairly tolerable and managed to get a couple hours of work done on the Inno

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

At least our humidity dropped to 72% instead of 100%. So there is that.

Yesterday sucked. Ready for some cooler weather.

Supposed to get a front today, will drop temps 10°. Woo!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

2nd winter storm of the year already, started with freezing rain and quickly turned to snow...... forecasters say we could get between 1 - to 7" of snow, or it may not amount to anything depending on which way the storm tracks. A few miles north of us already has about 3-4" on the ground but where I am while it is snowing, it's mostly just turning to water when it hits the ground. However it's supposed to just keep getting colder all day, down to 15* tonight..

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

MiniDave

Yep, the one thing you can guarantee about the weather is that it will change!

We've got about 3-4" down now and it's still coming hard - wind has picked up and there are power outages all over the city. We're still good and I have the genset ready to go if I need it.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Yea, our weather guy here in Dallas was all talking about the crazy snow that was going to hit between KC and Chicago today last night on the news.  You're about halfway to what they said was forecast.  Just strong cold north wind here.  Should have raked the leaves into the street so they'd blow away.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

My brother lives in St. Louis, they just had a tornado warning go off!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad