awfully dead lately

Started by 94touring, June 20, 2009, 07:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Where's everyone been hiding?  I see we had 15 people online today, but no one posted a thing. 

Minicop

Well, I've been in Tokyo all wekend 8) Just got back. Stayed in a VERY nice Hotel in Tokyo. Nothing like looking out the window at night to see the Tokyo Tower gleaming over the rest of the city. Went to Ginza, Akihabara, and Roppongi. Lot's of fun ;D

batman1usa

bOY I hate to say what my boring life has been doing after minicop...

was on furlough last week, went to Memphis, TX to pick up a combine and header.  Brought it back to Hunter, OK to cut wheat with one other machine.  Harvested wheat all week.  Not a 9-5 job ! ! !  Anyway I drove the combine with A/C on so it wasn't bad at all.  Hadn't driven one in 30yrs I fugured.  These new computerized combines tell you everything but when to turn and they might do that but I haven't figured it out yet.
  Now I'm tired and back to work to rest a bit before doing it again next week maybe in western Kansas.

And yes I still want a classic really bad but I'm convinced I need to have the $$ in had before I buy one.

even when I get a moment to relax and play a game of pool someone see the need to beat my highscore.....

joltfreak

i was at Mini Meet North!!
check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

94touring

I've had a lot of free time lately, so I had to beat your score batman, lol.

Yeah Joltfreak, looked like MMN was a huge success.  Congrats on the outcome!  I use to host rotary engine car shows and it was a lot of work, and usually a lot of money out of my pocket.  Maybe someday we can get a MMNorthCarolina or something.  ;)

Minicop

;D Your a farmer Batman?!?! That's badass!

Honestly, I would rather be in your area then be here. There's very little privacy and space in one of the biggest cities in the world. However... where you are... miles of nothin'......ahhh......that sounds great 'bout now! No skyscrapers blocking the sunset, the constant sea of niose from people and cars, does not exist there. What I wouldn't give for a little privacy, peace and quiet.

Willie_B

Last time I wanted some peace and quite when I was in the Navy. I put in for and got "Operation Deepfreeze". 13 months in Antarctica, including a winter-over. But after Hawaii and the Phillipines I was due for a climate change.

94touring

You really spent 13 months in Antartica?! 

Well today since the girlfriend had the day off we layed out at the beach and went swimming.  Relaxing.  Tomorrow its building a deck for some lady.  Not relaxing.   

Willie_B

At least I was near the outer edge so we had something to look at, mountains and open water & wildlife. The stations further in were just on top of the icecap. The best description of that area is "miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles". Where I was the average summer temp was 20 and winter temps were -65. Plus no sun for at all for 3 of the winter months. Also, most everybody leaves for 6 months during the winter as no planes or ships can move in/out at all. So there were 73 of us to hold the place down over the winter. But hey, I did ask for it. I figured I joined the Navy to go to places I would probably never get to otherwise.

Minicop

That sounds great Willie! I can handle a lot more isolation than most people. I don't have a need to be around people like most folks do. I value my privacy, now more than ever because I don't get it any more. Only 6 months left, then I get my human rights back!

joltfreak

i couldn't do it.......

it reminds me of the shining
check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

94touring

Quote from: joltfreak on June 23, 2009, 08:33:20 PM
i couldn't do it.......

My favorite movie! 

Minicop

Quote from: 94touring on June 23, 2009, 09:35:05 PM
Quote from: joltfreak on June 23, 2009, 08:33:20 PM
i couldn't do it.......

My favorite movie! 

:D Bahahaha!! Nice! What a well rounded topic this has become! 8)

You name is NEO Dammit!!  :D

batman1usa

Quote from: Minicop on June 23, 2009, 05:58:05 AM
;D Your a farmer Batman?!?! That's badass!

Honestly, I would rather be in your area then be here. There's very little privacy and space in one of the biggest cities in the world. However... where you are... miles of nothin'......ahhh......that sounds great 'bout now! No skyscrapers blocking the sunset, the constant sea of niose from people and cars, does not exist there. What I wouldn't give for a little privacy, peace and quiet.

Actually, No I'm not a farmer.  I'm a city boy that worked on a farm in high school and went on harvest a few times then.  My dad use to have combines when I was a pup and he/we did the harvest thing then where you load the combines/headers and go to other states and cut wheat/corn/beans etc. for farmers.  Anyway, I'm actually in manufacturing (buyer) for a large oil field drill bit manufacture.  We have had furloughs off and on over the past few months.  This last furlough happened to be while my coussen was close by harvesting wheat so I called him up to go out and give him a hand (combine driver)  ;D.  Actually drove my first combine on harvest at 14 yrs old.  What a trip every young punk should do it.  Or "Deadliest Catch" my favorite reality show.
  Anyway, heading back out next week to western Kansas to help him for another week.  They are moving machines today I think.
  Biggest problem for me is I value my sleep and this is not a job that get much of that.  6hrs at night might be a big nights rest... I NEED 8 to function properly but I think I can make it a week or 10 days ??   :-\

batman1usa

::)  wOW When Neo's away no one will play...  Where's everyone at.

Minicop

Me too!!!!!!!! Hey Four ate One, hehe. Your smiley isn't big enough. I recodnize that smiley from somewhere else...

So what's crakin' Batman??? Did you get the money from the bank yet? I think we should rob one. You and me, it'll be a clean hit, I'll be the driver. :D

batman1usa

Quote from: Minicop on July 22, 2009, 04:36:27 PM
Me too!!!!!!!! Hey Four ate One, hehe. Your smiley isn't big enough. I recodnize that smiley from somewhere else...

So what's crakin' Batman??? Did you get the money from the bank yet? I think we should rob one. You and me, it'll be a clean hit, I'll be the driver. :D

The governments listening but I'M IN..   ;D  maybe they can't here us typing.   ::)

Minicop

:D Haha! Don't be afraid of 'them'. Nothing to be scared of. I work for them, and most of them couldn't find their ass with both hands!

Quote from: Minicop on July 22, 2009, 04:36:27 PM
Your smiley isn't big enough. I recodnize that smiley from somewhere else...

I like these forums. Bunch of nice guys talkin' bout Minis and other cool stuff!  ;)

batman1usa

WAIT A MINUTE....  NICE GUYS  :o    ??? 

I think you should look over to the Arcade posts.    I think wfothrottle whomever he/she ...  HEY ! ! That's it it's a girl and she's imbarrased to talk to us....? and they have no mini.  Oh wait neither do I...  :(  Well kinda.  Well I have a MINI.  ;D

anyway they need blocked of any more high scores until they come forth.   >:(  all this high score breaking is really chapping my hyde and no posting.

Minicop

:D Bahahaha!! Good one 481! I love it! I agree, no BS here! Or attacks, much friendlier group! Thanks for the laugh bro!!

Minicop

Quote from: batman1usa on July 23, 2009, 07:07:00 AM

I think you should look over to the Arcade posts.    I think wfothrottle whomever he/she ...  HEY ! ! That's it it's a girl and she's imbarrased to talk to us....? and they have no mini.  Oh wait neither do I...  :(  Well kinda.  Well I have a MINI.  ;D

anyway they need blocked of any more high scores until they come forth.   >:(  all this high score breaking is really chapping my hyde and no posting.

I'm afraid to go over there now. It's been taken over by gaming nerds. No way I can compete with that. I'm just too busy in real life to spend hours and hours trying to break a record. Working out in the gym and shooting guns ;D

94touring

Yes the only guy thats allowed to be a total jerk around here is me.  All other unfriendly types will be brought out and stoned in public.   :-*

94touring

Quote from: Minicop on July 23, 2009, 07:29:36 PM
Quote from: batman1usa on July 23, 2009, 07:07:00 AM

I'm afraid to go over there now. It's been taken over by gaming nerds. No way I can compete with that. I'm just too busy in real life to spend hours and hours trying to break a record. Working out in the gym and shooting guns ;D

I haven't been playing that much lately, but just enough to reclaim some titles that were stripped from me.