In the early stages of buying the official restoration-mini garage

Started by 94touring, October 11, 2015, 07:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

You know, I think the trailer I'm using is long enough for two Minis.......let me look into that on Sat. The trailer is in Lawrence anyway.....if it is I'll haul Stan's car down there for gas money.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

stan360

Dave, that would be great. I will call you and we can get together on this .

MiniDave

John says the trailer isn't long enough for two cars, but I'll check it out on Sat when we load Dan's Clubby on it to haul to my house.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Measuring a clubby wheel base and sedan wheel base, plus taking into account for bumpers being end to end, you need 20' of available floor. 

velopackrat

I think your stuff is multiplying... maybe while you're asleep?  Or while you're out flying folks here and there?  Did that red car sire all those little ones? 
But shoot, a new shop is like a blank canvas.
Kudos to you, Sir Dan!

MiniDave

Quote from: 94touring on November 16, 2015, 12:41:35 PM
Measuring a clubby wheel base and sedan wheel base, plus taking into account for bumpers being end to end, you need 20' of available floor.

Yeah, John says it's a 16 ft trailer, it just looked so big with only his Caterham on it! I'll take some pics on Sat when we go get the Clubby.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Too bad you can't add an extension, probably a bad idea lol. 

MiniDave

My friend BruceK from Dallas will be here Monday, he's planning to help me pull the motor while he's here - he's a classic and MINI owner - in fact I think he's owned 6 or 7 classics over the years.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MPlayle

And what are the bets on how long that organization will last?

;D

94touring

The other shop was an absolute disaster and I refuse to hoard trash like he did there!

94touring

Got myself a drill press.  10" craftsman.  Just did a test run on some angle iron and cuts with ease.

94touring

Jims5543

Sex Swing?

I love my drill press, I want more stuff, like a lathe and miller.  Because I have so much free time to mess with them.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

Quote from: 94touring on December 29, 2015, 02:31:22 PM
Anyone care to guess what this will become?

Hmmm...you already have a rotisserie, I'm guessing an overhead crane or gantry to pull engines?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on December 29, 2015, 04:05:17 PM

Hmmm...you already have a rotisserie, I'm guessing an overhead crane or gantry to pull engines?

You are correct sir. 

Doubles as a sex swing Jim. 

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on December 29, 2015, 04:49:44 PM
Quote from: MiniDave on December 29, 2015, 04:05:17 PM

You are correct sir. 

Doubles as a sex swing Jim.

No, it is a sex swing that doubles as a gantry.

I am greatly anticipating one of your first pics of it in use.   ;D
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

MiniDave

Going to add casters?

I have some that will work for reasonable $$$$

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I'll probably put some on.  I have some but given the weight of this monstrosity and then add on an engine I'm not sure mine are up to the task.  What's the price on yours?

MiniDave

Make me a reasonable offer, I'm easy!

I think mine are rated for 1000lbs each, so 4K total - that should hold anything you're going to lift with it.

Edit: Just checked, 1250 lbs ea.

2 swivel and 2 straight.

BTW, I'd gusset those bottom legs

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad