Lusting after stupid vehicles...

Started by Jims5543, August 04, 2015, 02:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

On topic my good friend just got his dealers license and I have an open invitation to attend auctions with him.

I am thinking about buying a car and flipping it, if it works well I may do it over and over through his license. I may even get my own.

He flipped 2 cars last month, a Porsche 911 and a Corvette Z06, he profited over 20K in one month on just two car flips.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

John Gervais

That's outstanding!  There are plenty of programs on TV about people who flip cars and make wads o'cash, why not you!  Go for it - you'll win some and there's always a risk, but what the heck - a bit of wax, some wheel cleaner, elbow grease and a pine tree hanging from the mirror and you're good to go.

Horrible about the hurricanes and such, but the story is indeed inspiring.  We, Hyacinth and I, 'do without' a lot to keep what we've got going.  Cash economy - it takes time to get set up; fx. it took 12 years to buy our dining table - we suffered through the old table, drive 'lesser cars' (but buy new and pay cash), live in a 600sq. ft. apartment (Copenhagen's expensive) and so on, but, the pressure is less and there's room for savings. 
- Pave the Bay -

Mudhen

You people all amaze me.  Cash?  What's that?

Credit's where it's at...all the kool kids are using it.  I didn't start worrying until we hit $50k on our credit cards - that was a few years back, now I wish that's all we had.

Thinking about going to look at this, if he takes paypal:

http://goldenrod-garage.com/DETAIL.ASP?DT=1&CI=4&UI=422&MI=1&DH=0

4.gif

MiniDave

I spend a lot of time on BaT, seems there's something on there every week I would like to own!

bringatrailer.com/
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

1/4 mil for an 86 m3....ehhh no thanks.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on September 03, 2015, 08:00:18 AM
1/4 mil for an 86 m3....ehhh no thanks.

Plus he pulled the S14 stock motor.  While the V10 is cool, not sure that was the right car to do that to.

A regular E30 would have been better. I would never consider ruining a E30 M3 by swapping out that amazing engine.

This guy will never sell this car unless some crazy rich person decides they want it in their collection. It is an amazing car I give him that.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Agreed.  So I've been considering buying this.  Like really on the fence. 

Jims5543

Yeah, I am not a big fan of Suburbans. I would pass.

;D

MiniDave

Quote from: 94touring on September 15, 2015, 05:46:11 AM
Agreed.  So I've been considering buying this.  Like really on the fence.

If that's the one here in KC.....erm, be prepared for a real project. I've known that car for several years now and it needs..........................everything!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I sold him the replacement patch panels for it!  It needs tlc for sure.  What else do you know about the thing?

MiniDave

If it's the KC car, he hasn't done anything with it, nothing's been patched far as I know. It's just all worn out, it needs a full interior, engine rebuild, suspension rebuild, rust repairs, paint.......like I said, everything!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

He did put in new pistons and shocks I believe.  It does need interior, but that's not exactly hard for me to do.  It has a number of rusty spots that need attention, then a respray.  Oh he put on a new rear subby also.

MiniDave

He musta been working on it this summer, cause when I saw him in May at the Micro car show it hadn't been touched and he was still using it as his work truck. It's a project but if you can buy it right you can have fun with it!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

The fact that it drives is nice.  I can do repairs here and there yet still drive it.  I'm still very torn about buying another toy/project. 

MiniDave

Yep, he was driving it regularly - last I saw he wanted $4500 - is that still his deal?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Actually he was asking 5800 but I got it (provided I see it and like it) for 4500. 

94touring

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on September 17, 2015, 02:27:03 PM
Actually he was asking 5800 but I got it (provided I see it and like it) for 4500.

You've got a screw loose...(but judging from some of the recent pics, that's not news to anyone  :D )

MiniDave

Quote from: 94touring on September 17, 2015, 02:41:44 PM
Also what is this color?

If that's meant to be the same color as Buzz, it's called Champagne Beige.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Yours looks slightly lighter than the one pictured, I wonder if it's the lighting or if they are different  8.gif

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Ah yes that is it.  I like that scheme with brown over plaid interior.

Merlin

I still think that the speedwell treatment to the roof line is in order and a nice LS3 with a Porsche transaxel to make the wagon appealing to me.
Engineering the Impossible

94touring

Except I'm not trying to spend a fortune and I'd like to use the rear end for hauling stuff.