On the way to MMW2015

Started by Willie_B, June 23, 2015, 04:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

94touring

Good luck, see you tomorrow!

Jims5543

Cool beans!! May you have a safe and uneventful trip.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Merlin

Look forward to seeing you in T-Town.
Engineering the Impossible

MiniDave

Good luck, we'll be watching and listening for you....all the bad weather is going north and east as you're going north and west - it should be clear sailing for you except for the heat.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

No problems today. My seat cooler was great for half the day. 98 degrees in the car and did not even break a sweat. Then it started blowing it's fuse this afternoon. Of course by then it is 102 in the car and I am driving into the sun. Ran into a couple of guys that had flown from southern California to Asheville to buy a BMW M3. No ac for them either. They are headed to Tulsa to pick up a Porsche 930 they also just bought. Them drive both back to Cali.

94touring

Tulsa must be popular these days. 

Jims5543

And everyone says Florida is unbearably hot.

No fun, hope you can get the fuse sorted out for tomorrow.

I personally prefer to drive at night, it is cooler and there is a lot less traffic.

Be careful, oh a pic of the M3 possibly?

-signed

BMW Brand whore.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Willie_B

Roadside repair in the Harbor Freight parking lot in Muskogee Ok. Swap out the seat cooler pump. Got two just in case.  Then up the road to Tulsa. Was going to meet Dan this afternoon but ended up having to work late. Guess I be a tourist.

94touring

Scheduling was kind enough to keep my stuck in Cincinnati all day on my day off.  Full throttle back to Dca shortly then try to catch my flights home. 

MiniDave

Great news that your idea on the cooler worked so well, you're gonna need it the rest of the trip!

We're all watching and standing by if you need help!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

I should have stopped but I could not bring myself to do it. What am I talking about. When I saw a sign today for Toad Suck Park.

You know you are in the country when you see someone driving their riding mower to the Dollar Tree store, like I did today.

Averaged 33mpg today at 70mph.

MiniDave

Did you and Dan meet up last night?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

This morning.  Coffee and an oil change.   

MiniDave

Oh good, so Salina tonight then- that's about 500 miles from Tulsa....wish you guys would post more pics along the way.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Yes he needs to get on the pics!  His cooler setup was pretty slick.  Here's where he changed his oil lol.

jedduh01

Watching the progress-- Keep Motoring on Willie!

Tulsa to Abbotsford BC - only 2100 More miles-  In 4 days to accomplish! by Monday the 29th!

= When you Get to BC -  take a day trip of your own or something - Head to the true west coast- Vancouver- proper- and check out Highway 99 North... Breathtaking  and spectacular- worth it in every way!

Reccomend Squamish BC

or about 45 - 1 hour further north- Whistler BC-   Mountains get big there! Big Country!

MiniDave

So after driving 2400 miles to get there, driving each day during the event (trips into the mountains are part of the event) and facing another 2400 miles to get home, you want him to take a side trip of unknown miles?   ;D

Actually I agree with you - he's gone that far already, and the BC coast is so pretty and cool compared to the heat he'll be facing, it would be a welcome respite.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

I LOVE road trip threads. I hope we can get some updates and pics too.

I love road trips, the one we were just on last weekend was fantastic. We never drove longer than 1 hour and we were all over the place exploring.  the best part was we had no place to be no distance goal to meet and no idea where we would end up.

Here is to problem free motoring and a cool ass.

Willie_B

North Platte Nebraska for the night. 585 miles for day, whew. It was 100 degrees when I passed thru Salina Kansas. Hot in the car too but the seat cooler kept me motoring. Highlights for the day. First gas stop put 6.8 gallons in my 7 gallon tank, that was close. Several turnpikes on this route. One had un-manned ticket booth, not a big deal unless like me your car is RHD. Stop the car, get out and go around the car to get the tickrt. Car dies whe I am out, traffic is backing up as I try to get in, seat belt on and car started. At least by the time I got in Nebraska it has cooled down to 85. Now let me look at my photos.

Willie_B

94touring

MiniDave

Yep that's Nebraska!

Glad to hear you're still motoring along OK and your cool suit is doing what it was built to do!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Mudhen

Epic trip!  Keep the pics coming.   4.gif

jedduh01

Two Lane highway most of the way ? or doing the Interstate shuffle?  This and that on and off?