Scumbag Thieves

Started by MiniDave, July 05, 2021, 12:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

So this morning I was up about 5:30 am taking a leak and looked out the window to see a car pull up next door.....well the videos speak for themselves.

When researching the videos off our cameras Rose found they had stopped at our driveway too - but my neighbor across the street who gets up really early in the AM had his garage door open, so they didn't get out at our house.

They didn't get anything this time, but I will make damn sure our cars and the shop are locked up tight from now on. Rose reads the "Next Door" app a lot and she's been seeing an increase of car thefts in our neighborhood lately....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Were you able to get any plates off the videos? 

John Gervais

Have you shown it to your local law enforcement?

And, not wanting to sound 'insensitive', but isn't that a rather nice car that the fat chick is riding around in as she checks for unlocked door handles?  In a perfect world, someone would be waiting for her and give her a blast from ol' Bess - I loathe lowlife thieves...
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

Quote from: John Gervais on July 05, 2021, 01:27:33 PM
Have you shown it to your local law enforcement?

And, not wanting to sound 'insensitive', but isn't that a rather nice car that the fat chick is riding around in as she checks for unlocked door handles?  In a perfect world, someone would be waiting for her and give her a blast from ol' Bess - I loathe lowlife thieves...

Lol I was thinking that too.

MiniDave

I'm not sure what the car is they were in, could be a Honda CRV or a Nissan Rogue or something. This is not a real high end neighborhood we're in, but homes are around the $200-300K range and it's always been a nice, stable low crime area.

I will be sharing the vids with the local boys in blue and no I couldn't read the plate from this distance with these cams, they're not sharp enough resolution.

We got them so we could keep an eye on the boys and so Rose could see who's at the front door if I'm away.

Edit: Sent the video links to the officer to review

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

License plate numbers are notoriously hard to capture on most cameras due to their intentionally reflective surface, especially when its not day light hours. You have to have a pretty high res cam in just the right location with just the right lighting.

I concur with everyone else though, can't stand scumbag thieves. Looks like these particular ones were looking for easy targets, unlocked cars with easy to grab valuables.

MiniDave

Neighbor just got home from a day on the golf course, I was surprised to learn that he had two backpacks and a work laptop in the backseat - surprised because that seems like the kind of stuff a thief would be after.

At any rate, I shared the vids with him and he's going to make sure his car is locked up and cleared out in case they come back again.

I also teased him about having a garage full of junk and a $30K car outdoors!  ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jedduh01

5:30 Is pretty late to be door handle checking = Plenty of people start their day around that time. That crew looked pretty inexperienced for sure...

Round my parts = the door check thiefs are out about 2-3 AM = much quieter times... and they're really only rifling thru cars for quick valuables.   Locked doors yep = they move on quickly.  Plenty of same reports pop up and only a few people have 'valuables in there'  most time they dont even bother for the Handful of loose change in the cup holder or Ashtray... Electronics = most every time are taken if available.

I know I lack Locking my car doors on a  regular basis. and truely there isn't much anything of value that they Could also want. but i should do better myself.

MiniDave

My wife watches the Next Door app pretty regularly, and she's seen mention of this same white car in other neighborhoods close by, along with reports of other cars broken into, things stolen, including 2 more cars stolen from driveways. I don't understand why the cops cant catch these thieves but it's clear they're hunting pretty regularly in our neighborhood - and successfully too. 3 cars stolen and lots of cars broken into.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Because even grand theft auto is a petty misdemeanor.  The police could really care less about it.   Usually whole cars are stripped within the hour of being stolen so there is not really anything to find. 

Back in the 90's during the huge car audio craze theft was insane and the same, the cops could care less.  In audio mags there was story after story about thefts and car owners fed up so they would defend their property.  All this lead to were people getting arrested for assault and battery and the thief's getting off with barely a slap on the wrist. 

Think a lot of that lead to the castle laws where you can defend all your property as if it were your house. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.