New job coming up

Started by 94touring, December 16, 2019, 12:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minifrisco

I know! I was just playing a joke.

94touring

Jims5543

Is it safe to assume your new gig does not have any real flight crew beyond the pilots?  Like no FA's?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Quote from: Jims5543 on June 01, 2020, 05:14:50 AM
Is it safe to assume your new gig does not have any real flight crew beyond the pilots?  Like no FA's?

We have a minimum of 9 flight attendants and 2 mechanics that come with 3-4 pilots.  Then there are those deadheading to work something else, so it's not uncommon to have 20 flight attendants and 8 or more pilots.

Jims5543

So these flights serve drinks food etc.. during the flights?

You actually have mechanics on board traveling with you, are they assigned to the plane?  That is pretty cool.

I told you about a guy on the Porsche Forum who was a pilot, also kept is mechanics license current and was also current on the EMT license?  He worked for someone extremely wealthy and important, he flew his private jet around the world for him and was the ultimate triple threat.  He was paid very well.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Full catering business class meals.  The meals from the states are hit or miss but the catering outside of the US so far has been well beyond expectations.  I eat well let's put it that way.  Snacks galore too.  Want fresh milk from Ireland to go with your cookies?  Here ya go.  Meats and cheeses, so many meats and cheeses.  We do have 3 kitchens on the plane. 

The mechanics just about live on the plane for a trip.  There are tools and parts stored ready for things to break.  We carry spare tires with us.  Between every flight they come up and plug into the system and look over whatever diagnostic stuff mechanics do.  This morning we had a jettison pump fail which took out the scavenge pump.  They fixed it right there and 30 minutes later we were taking off out of Bulgaria.

We fly in shifts as pilots on this thing. Takeoff, do some paperwork, then head to my sleeping quarters for 2-4 hours.  Come back up, chill out till it's time to land. Between snacks and meals of course.

94touring

Been at the new job awhile now.  It's still great.  Barely work and get paid.  That being said the hard part is the sleep schedule.  I've been home about a week and I'm still passing out cold at 8pm and waking up at 3am.  Not much to do around the house at 3am.

cstudep

Quote from: 94touring on November 14, 2020, 08:42:24 AM
Been at the new job awhile now.  It's still great.  Barely work and get paid.  That being said the hard part is the sleep schedule.  I've been home about a week and I'm still passing out cold at 8pm and waking up at 3am.  Not much to do around the house at 3am.

Getting paid and barely working sounds pretty appealing even with a wonky sleep schedule. Not much to do around the house perhaps, but the shop is probably sitting there nice and idle, just waiting for someone to come and show it some love. 20.gif

MiniDave

Don't forget, he has a wife now too!   77.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

Yeah that can definitely toss a wrench into the works of available "shop time".

Good news is, the longer you are married to them the more they also want you to go find something else to do that keeps you out of their hair ;D