New job coming up

Started by 94touring, December 16, 2019, 12:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Gervais

Congratulations - if you fly into Copenhagen, give me a call!
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

Quote from: John Gervais on March 17, 2020, 05:07:48 PM
Congratulations - if you fly into Copenhagen, give me a call!

Will do!

MiniGene

Congrats again!  I think it's cool as hell you're going to be flying the Freedom Bird.  I imagine that Ramstein Air Base, Germany and Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, will be a regular stop for you.  Do you think you'll be doing any runs to Japan and Korea? 

Those military charter flights are a crazy thing.  Sometimes they feel like riding a cattle car in the sky, and then other times it's the best feeling in the world (when you're coming home after a long time away). 

Can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures of your new adventures.

94touring

Yes to Japan and Korea and all the others listed.  A cattle car with 382 seats!

MiniGene

And everytime I've flown on them all 382 of them have been filled!   50.gif

94touring

Wednesday I head to Ireland till Friday. So that's something.

John Gervais

Quote from: MiniGene on March 17, 2020, 08:37:11 PM
Those military charter flights are a crazy thing.  Sometimes they feel like riding a cattle car in the sky, and then other times it's the best feeling in the world (when you're coming home after a long time away).

The worst military hop I ever had was a short flight from Sendai to Narita in what looked like an antique Cessna hobby plane with seating for 6 or 8.  Somehow the flight was 'overbooked' and I as the senior officer passenger got to ride on the porta-potty can.  Had to get there and it was the only flight available for another 4 days.
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

Your passport is in order? You won't be quarantined for 14 days in Ireland?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I'm unquarantine-able given my job.  Passport has been mandatory for me for a long time.

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on April 20, 2020, 02:39:38 PM
Wednesday I head to Ireland till Friday. So that's something.

Shannon?  Dublin? 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Shannon.  I probably should look up the weather.

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on April 20, 2020, 04:40:29 PM

Cool. Have you been there before?  If you get some free time you might like Limerick nearby. Or Galway which is about an hour away. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniGene

Glad you're working!  It's too bad you won't be able to enjoy the country this trip due to the lockdown.  I'm sure there will be many more to follow though.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on April 20, 2020, 04:40:29 PM

Whats the schedule?  Fly over wait 2 days fly back?

If possible grab a pint of Guinness, most likely to go, it is noticeably better there.  Besides the huge airfield, Shannon looks like an otherwise small town so not much to see there.

Not sure how free you are going to be to move around there, during normal times I would suggest a rental car and wandering.  Now?  Try to make the best of wherever you happen to be holed up.

Safe travels and good luck!! IIRC this is your check out flight, yes?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I'll be there for 26 hours.  Then fly to NC, then Texas and sit on call for 3 days, and home. Basically work has me tagging along this week with a crew to see how they operate. 

Jims5543

Bonus points if you work the word "surely" into every sentence you speak.

Double bonus points if you can say meow to the crew 10X and they never question it.

I have a lot of internets points, not just plain old internets points, I am talking Al Gore internets points.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Doing the walk around on the beast.

minifrisco

Where to now? 4.gif 4.gif

94touring

tsumini

94touring

minifrisco

Jims5543

minifrisco

94touring

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bmw.  Rolls-Royce Holdings does aerospace.