Interesting videos

Started by Willie_B, April 19, 2019, 05:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPlayle

At least the three-wheeler held together better than the "Bugatti" copy.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

Some Mini pop culture history. 

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Something doesn't happen much anymore: A Mk I Mini actually seeing some weather. 

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

I thought maybe someone would point out what I said about that video.... 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Willie_B

Quote from: BruceK on June 27, 2021, 02:18:53 PM
I thought maybe someone would point out what I said about that video....

Which thing? It's not a MKI or there is not much weather?

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I didn't catch that till I saw the interior....what Mk was it?

It was fun to hear him talk about the trip he was going to take all over Europe, he made it sound like he was going to be in some unpaved areas, going north out of Greece.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

I have never seen one of these before....this guy always comes up with the most interesting stuff. No idea where he finds these things!  No idea what the difference is between Japan black and a good coat of baked on RustyOleum.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on June 27, 2021, 04:35:29 PM

It was fun to hear him talk about the trip he was going to take all over Europe, he made it sound like he was going to be in some unpaved areas, going north out of Greece.....

It's a Mk III, but with a bit of Mk I exterior look.  Interior is customized.

His YouTube channel all about his Mini is pretty good IMO.  I subscribed to it.  He really loves his Mini, and I look forward to following him posting videos on his upcoming lap of Europe.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

ve9aa

Quote from: MiniDave on June 27, 2021, 04:35:29 PM

I sub'd too.  I didn't realize they get snow in Greece, so that was cool.

I think it's a mKIII Mini, but made to look a bit like a MK I....so MK I-ish

I look forward to his trip.
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

ve9aa

I've watched every single one of this young womans videos the past 2-3 yrs.
98% of the time they are interesting and entertaining, though some of the early ones were rough-ish and not as polished
as the later (more recent) ones.

ITCHY BOOTS

She's a 30something from The Netherlands travelling the world by motorbike.  Quite a bit different than other motovloggers.

Give her a chance.  She's normally quite refreshing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEIs9nkveW9WmYtsOcJBwTg
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

BruceK

Quote from: ve9aa on June 30, 2021, 01:18:14 PM
I've watched every single one of this young womans videos the past 2-3 yrs.
98% of the time they are interesting and entertaining, though some of the early ones were rough-ish and not as polished
as the later (more recent) ones.

ITCHY BOOTS

She's a 30something from The Netherlands travelling the world by motorbike.  Quite a bit different than other motovloggers.

Give her a chance.  She's normally quite refreshing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEIs9nkveW9WmYtsOcJBwTg

I agree totally!  Her videos are excellent.  I have been watching Noraly since the beginning of her travels back in India, some 4 motorcycles and maybe a hundred countries ago.  But it's not really about motorcycles, it's about following along with her as she explores the world.   Her attitude is remarkable: positive and honest.

And the visuals in her videos are just stunning.   Currently she is Namibia, having toured around South Africa for about 3 months, and I think her videos there broke everyone's preconceived notions about that country. 

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

That "Dumb" trip on the minibike is just crazy.   I don't care how much I liked the movie, there's no way I would do more than a mile in that thing.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

Quite a big undertaking especially as a Woman, my hats off to her.

MiniDave

This is a beautifully done video on the Lexus LFA, worth the time investment to watch and gain a new knowledge and respect for what they did.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Still believe this will be the next unicorn car.  You can still find these next to new for last I looked around $400k.  Some day people are going to realize how special this car was and believe prices will skyrocket. 

The sad thing is that Toyota has the technology to build this but chose to reskin a BMW to recreate one of the most iconic Japanese sports cars in the Supra. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

interesting discussion on how the F1 mass damper or inerters work......and why they will be banned for 2022.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Interesting perspective on the classic Mini from some of the younger generation

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on December 01, 2021, 04:03:53 PM
Interesting perspective on the classic Mini from some of the younger generation

Hmmmm.  I'm only about 18 seconds into the video and I've heard a major error.  I guess math is hard.  "... a production run of just over 50 years".  Huh?   So, was it 1949 to 2000? Or 1959 to 2010?   Yeah right.  I stopped the video there.  I may try to watch again later.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Yes, there will be more......which is part of the reason I posted it. It's interesting to me to see the perspective of some young guys. They make a REALLY big deal about it being right hand drive, like that is an experience they just can't imagine, and that it is SO unique and problematic.....since it involves adjusting where the car sits in the lane and you have to shift with your left hand (OMG!!!!!!)

If the first guy was chugging up hill in 3rd gear at 35 mph, no wonder the thing felt like a slug.

The second car is an ERA, turbo charged and since it makes 3 times the power of the 998 (?) it was a lot more fun to drive.

But like I said, interesting to hear the impressions of the younger generation on some of this old tech......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

#1 question is about driving on right side. Mostly the is it legal one.  Best thing I get from the young crowd is they think my breather is my intake cause most have no idea what a carburetor is, let alone an SU one.

Surprised young ones even know how to drive a stick.  Lol. Shifting left handed is easy, it was weird steering right handed.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

A Mini tour of part of Hammond's new shop.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

If you watch nothing else, just watch the first 30 seconds to watch a Mini make a grown man giggle like a little girl.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S