Grundy insurance

Started by 94touring, August 17, 2023, 07:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

The one claim I had with State Farm they treated me well and it was handled quickly. I had what I thought was a $3K car (if that!) that I had at a dealer for some work, they left the sunroof open overnight during a heavy rainstorm and the car was flooded, so they totaled it. SF paid me $8K......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

Thanks for the info Dan, I will give him a call this week and see what he has to say. I have that pretty unique vehicle to cover along with my mini so definitely want to chat with someone in person.

I'm also going to be going out to Denver soon to pick up a vehicle of my aunts so I can work on it and get it up and running for her. I need to know if I need to get some sort of temporary coverage or something on it while its in my shop since I'm sure she doesn't likely have any coverage on it. It belonged to her husband and its been sitting since he passed away many years ago and she isn't a "car person" at all. The way my luck goes I would no more than get it back here and a tornado would destroy it or something. I doubt she would hold me liable or anything but I would feel terrible since its a valuable vehicle, especially once up and running again.

MiniDave

Most of the classic insurers offer a "while you're working on it" policy, as long as it's garaged.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

The Grundy story sounds like how I was treated by JC Taylor. They saw that a v8 vega had a roll cage and canceled all my policies not just the vega no warning or call just a letter no chance to work it out.
Grundy would hate my garage and most people think it's clean.
I'm currently with Hagerty and it seems pretty good any time I've called they like to talk cars and they have a pretty good valuation tool.
This American classics sounds good too if I ever have a reason to change I'll talk to Jen.
I currently have 5 classics insured with hagetry I think it's about 800 a year with stated values from 80k down to 20k.

I would never recommend Jc Taylor and sounds like Grundry is worse. In my experience, the pompous ass pricks with the spotless tile floor garages are more likely to put in a claim on their Porsche because they curbed wheels trying to drive it. (Of course, they were avoiding a Nun running into the street to save a newborn)
Real car guys fix most of their own stuff to avoid a claim.