Car Shows: Great Idea!

Started by Rosebud, June 13, 2018, 07:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosebud

I was at my local Cars & Coffee gathering last Sunday when this fellow approached and told me about a new company called "Gas Geek." It's a hardware/software thing and the way it works is that the car owner puts this Gas Geek transmitter in his car and whenever a spectator launches the free Gas Geek app on their smartphone it displays detailed information about the particular car they're looking at. Cool, huh?

There's no ON/OFF switch on the transmitter, the battery lasts 4 years and it just sits in the glovebox. Its range is about 150 feet, so as you go up and down an isle of cars, more cars come into view on your phone. The information on each car that gets displayed is from Gas Geek's website and you can include as much or as little info as you wish, including pics & video and a link to your car's own website if you should have one. Mine's linked to Poser MotorSports.He gave me a free transmitter that's linked to my car and a t-shirt. The shirt has a QC code on the sleeve that's also linked to my car, so you don't even need to use the app. Just snap a pic of the QC code and there you are! This is the Gas Geek link to 'Rosebud.' [link] There's a couple of big car shows in town this summer w/ 1000+ cars. I hope a significant number of them have this gizmo onboard. Should be fun. 

Michael, Santa Barbara, CA
. . . the sled, not the flower
          Poser MotorSports
Rosebud
...the sled, not the flower
https://www.facebook.com/PoserMotorSports