Found a U.S. 10" tire source

Started by 94touring, January 30, 2018, 08:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

BruceK

That looks like a huge difference.  Is the A008 is mounted on a wheel?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Yeah those are mounted.  True test will be when I mount these tires.

Rosebud

Quote from: MPlayle on January 30, 2018, 10:49:45 AM
At least the Yoko A008's are a DOT street tire.

My 10" Yoko Advan 032R are not DOT street legal. I understand it's because they lack anti-hydroplaning grooves around the circumference of the tire. However, I've heard several Mini owners say the 032Rs are street legal. My tires are just over 3 years old and I assumed that the new 032Rs must have added anti-hydroplaning grooves, but Yokohama's website shows the old style tread pattern. What's up with that?
Rosebud
...the sled, not the flower
https://www.facebook.com/PoserMotorSports

94touring

I'm assuming these are because they're bias ply.  I'm sure the grooving plays a factor too. 

Rosebud

Quote from: 94touring on February 22, 2018, 04:50:45 AM
I'm assuming these are because they're bias ply.  I'm sure the grooving plays a factor too.

Nope. My 032Rs are steel belted radials, but they lack the anti-hydroplaning grove that I understood was keeping them from being road legal. But the latest 032Rs are legal, still w/o the groove? I'm confused.
Rosebud
...the sled, not the flower
https://www.facebook.com/PoserMotorSports

94touring

I've put a few thousand miles on these tires now.  Driven all over on them this month too.  Half of my driving has been spirited, the other half a combination of around town and cruising at 75mph to my shop.  Also have a good amount of wet road to heavy rain driving on them.  Rears have shown no sign of wear.  Fronts have some wear comparatively when using a gauge to read depth, but not even close to being worn down or needing rotating at this point in time.  They grip like no one's business and only break loose from a stop when the roads are wet.  Hydroplaning hasn't been an issue.  For sure will buy again.