Texas ABCD in Round Rock, Texas

Started by MPlayle, August 01, 2017, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

MPlayle

Willie_B beat me to the response about the silver car next to the very early MG being a TVR.

BruceK

Just got home.  I left quite early from Austin to avoid the heat.  That worked great.   But I hit downtown Dallas at 7:15am and found a lot of stop and go traffic

Stopped at a very well-lit Shell station somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Glad it went well.  Looks like you had a lot of fun.

MiniDave

wow, you must have left at 4 am?

The pics make it look like a well attended show......but I'm tired of shows like this, drop your car and sit around all day. That's why I'm doing the CMU in April....way more fun to drive like we did in the Hill Country trip.......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Quote from: MiniDave on September 25, 2017, 07:15:09 AM
The pics make it look like a well attended show......but I'm tired of shows like this, drop your car and sit around all day. That's why I'm doing the CMU in April....way more fun to drive like we did in the Hill Country trip.......

Yep, CMU drives are great fun. The spirited group in from, the touring group follows behind for those that like a slower pace. Smiles for all.

MiniDave

WillieB, I've been trying to get to one for years, either I didn't have a Mini at the time or I just couldn't get the logistics worked out....this time I have most everything in line - including my towbar and tow car - so I should be good to go. Looking forward to it, and I hope some more RM folks will be able to go too......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

I was wondering what you were doing for the return.  Guess this answered that.  Sucks a little on the hitting the morning traffic. 

Agreed on the car show for car show sake.  I haven't been on a drive event with this mini, but the ones I did when I had my 07 were a blast.  I do however enjoy a car show at an event.  Example, Wylie TX had a bluegrass festival and a car show during it, for most of the day too, and that was great because all the non car show people could come check out the cars.  Tons more people to talk to about the car.  And the looks on peoples faces when they'd see it.  From the what on earth is that to the OMG its a real mini.

Do love my blue ribbon from the white rock lake show though.  Probably would have been more conversation if not for the gale force winds coming off the lake.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on September 25, 2017, 07:15:09 AM
wow, you must have left at 4 am?

Yeah. I left Austin a little before 4am.  Enjoyed little to no highway traffic and temps in the low 70s by doing that - more for me that Emma.  I had a Waco cop follow right behind me for 10 minutes. I thought he might want to talk about my UK license plate on the boot, but he eventually just turned off the highway   

I thought I'd miss morning rush hour in Dallas - but apparently it starts south of the downtown sooner than I thought!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara