Introducing our "New" BMW 318is 4 door

Started by Jims5543, January 24, 2015, 07:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on March 27, 2019, 07:26:28 AM
Man, jealous of the adventure...thanks for taking the time to post it.   4.gif

I've also been porked by hotels.com a couple times...now I just use them for the list of hotels in the area and then I book direct.  Never again!

Yeah my last time using them.

I have some other trips coming up, sick of working all the time.  We are going to do a "Sunrise - Sunset"  trip soon.  We will go to the beach here in Jensen Beach (Atlantic Coast) catch a sunrise, then drive over to St. Petersburg beach and catch the Sunset on the same day on the Gulf of Mexico, then spend the evening in St. Pete and drive home the next day.  Not too many places you can do that.

We have a Keys trip in the works and we are also toying with a quick weekend trip somewhere in Florida, it is going to be an include the dog trip. Gonna try traveling with the pup for 1 night somewhere. She may even go on the Sunrise Sunset trip.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

We do the sunrise/sunset thing here...catch the sunrise on the eastern border of NH in Rochester, opioid capital of the northeast...and then drive to the western side of VT for the sunset.  Someplace like Rupert where the average yearly household income is $37.50.  Very scenic.  ;D

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on March 28, 2019, 05:20:49 AM
We do the sunrise/sunset thing here...catch the sunrise on the eastern border of NH in Rochester, opioid capital of the northeast...and then drive to the western side of VT for the sunset.  Someplace like Rupert where the average yearly household income is $37.50.  Very scenic.  ;D

Sounds like a hoot!   ;D

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on March 28, 2019, 05:20:49 AM

St. Pete has like 6 Breweries all within walking distance from one another, additionally you can park as a hotel or Air B&B and walk all over St. Pete, which is what we plan.

I am about to go look for a house to rent. Just got back online to check some drafting then I am off to plan this Sunrise Sunset trip.

Jims5543

Coco Mats came in over the weekend.

Out with the poorly chosen tan mats..

In the the Calico Cocomats.

MiniDave

Wow, I didn't even know they still sold cocomats!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Kept seeing them in cars for sale on BAT, so I looked them up and bookmarked them. Finally got around to ordering a pair.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Jims5543

Thanks!! We love them!! Mrs5543 commented on a BAT auction car (IIRC a 2002) that had them and said she loved them. I purchased them for the E30 as a surprise since technically it is her car.

Once the 15 y/o is out of HS we will get rid of or relegate the i3 for work duties and the E30 will be a DD with the FJ as a backup like the old days.

We are embarking on our Sunrise / Sunset tour Saturday, 200 miles each way, so a 400+ Mile road trip. Except this time with the dog in tow, we read St. Petersburg is a very dog friendly city, the Hotel is we checked.

So this will be an interesting weekend.

We have to be back in town at 2PM Sunday for a family gathering ay my BIL's house, the one that does drafting for me.

jedduh01

Quote from: Jims5543 on April 17, 2019, 04:56:10 PM
Kept seeing them in cars for sale on BAT, so I looked them up and bookmarked them. Finally got around to ordering a pair.

COCO mats are Made in Fort Mill, South Carolina...

Local Mini owner visited and they mapped a custom set for his Cooper S... They have even invited our mini club for a visit. 
Great MADE in USA Company.

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

coco mats are great I have them in the mini.

Jims5543

I had no idea they offered mats for Minis, very cool!!

Thinking of getting another set for the E21 to dress it up.

jeff10049

Yes, they even had the pattern for the floor starter button.