A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Jims5543

Nice gun Dan, did any one make your day?

There is a story with that pic. I snapped that about 1/2 hour before I left the hotel to head home.  My nephew and son both had plans to head over to South Beach (Hotel is in downtown Miami) so they stayed behind and were waiting for some friends, who were about an hour away, to arrive and pick them up.

My nephew steps out on the same balcony and looks down, same girl is now laying face up, no top. He decides he needs to go to the pool.  ;D

He meets her, she claims to be a model from Spain, they talk for about 20 minutes, she is nice, oh she put her top on when he arrived at the pool.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

I guess Bing is doing the google street view thing?

This drove past me today.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Hope you had the Mini...that'd be pretty cool to see when doing a street view!

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on March 31, 2015, 12:11:07 PM
Hope you had the Mini...that'd be pretty cool to see when doing a street view!

Sadly no, I was in the Toyota, the Mini is heading out tomorrow though. Sadly it will most likely not be caught by Bing.  Who goes to Bing anyway?

Look!! A Fish!!

A leaf that projects a fish shadow.

Every evening we walk to this bridge and back to the house after dinner. I thought to snap a pic this evening.

Merlin

New toy for me and the wife...

Mostly for me. I think I may break it in this Monday and see a little backcountry.
Engineering the Impossible

Mudhen

Quote from: Merlin on March 31, 2015, 08:03:49 PM

Mostly for me. I think I may break it in this Monday and see a little backcountry.

4.gif

Awesome...I miss my 2-wheel days.  Always struggling to not buy another one...ride safe!

Jims5543

Quote from: Merlin on March 31, 2015, 08:03:49 PM

Nice!! For many years I am  tempted to pull the trigger on an Italian bike and always chicken out.

Quote from: Mudhen on April 01, 2015, 04:34:56 AM
Awesome...I miss my 2-wheel days.  Always struggling to not buy another one...ride safe!

Like he said ride safe!!  The reason I do not ride here in Florida is because the drivers here are horrible, it is bad enough in my Mini. I have no idea how anyone rides down here. Well, there are roadside memorials everywhere showing why I chose not to. I had toyed with a bike and a trailer to take to the mountains.

Mudhen

Stopped and snapped this pic this morning - this guy is tempting me to steal this thing by the way he always leaves it in the back of his truck.  If there was a Harley I would actually buy...this is it:

This was the love of my life for many years... '96 Triumph Tiger.  Miss her.

Never did get my wife into it - maybe that was the downfall; wasn't something we could do together since we had little kids at home.  Maybe now my oldest can babysit...

Jims5543

Mudhen do you even go on that allsport bike bulletin board and read about some of the trips on there? there was a great African trip on there years ago that I sat for hours reading through.

Took the Mini to work today... ran out of gas with it. LOL!! Glad I have a full gas can in the back.

A bio Diesel plant exploded today around 11 a.m. I thought they had it under control around 12 noon then at 3 p.m. I saw this, so I am guessing it is not going smoothly there.

94touring

Do you need me to order you a new sender unit for that thing?

Mudhen

Assuming you mean advrider.com.  [warning, stroll down memory lane coming, which should probably be on the drunk thread] Been a member since 2003...just not much to post there anymore!  Shortly after joining that I got my Saddlesore1k - rode my BMW R1150GS Adventure 1100 miles from NH to Chicago in 19 hours.  Learned that 'monkey butt' is a very real affliction and is no fun - had to stand up in my cube at work for 2 weeks!

Rode 6k miles in 6 weeks around that time...did 22k miles that year.  Couldn't get enough of it.  I actually rode 109 consecutive months - from something like 2003 to 2012 I was on my bike at least once/month, never missing one.  Of course, I cheated with heated grips, socks, jacket, and gloves...was toasty warm down to 20f; my record was -8f.  But at that temp my shield froze up so I had to leave it open, which made it feel like someone was driving a screwdriver into my forehead.   11.gif

Never enough pics of that PU!  I need a running Mini...fk.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on April 01, 2015, 02:18:22 PM
Do you need me to order you a new sender unit for that thing?

Just looked for one, Minispares has one for $20 and MM has the same one for $50.  LOL!! 7ent is $60.

Any suggestions on one I can buy on this side of the pond?

94touring

MPlayle

http://www.gbcarparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=FS-FuelSenderVan

Priced at $40.75 with one in stock as of the time of this post.  They are located in Florida, so shipping should be very reasonable.  They are together with "Mini Coopers of Miami" and their address is 6331 NW 87th Ave, Miami, FL 33178.  Phone: 305-592-9920.

(I just happen to have one of their stickers sitting on my desk.)

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on April 01, 2015, 03:54:51 PM
Assuming you mean advrider.com.  [warning, stroll down memory lane coming, which should probably be on the drunk thread] Been a member since 2003...just not much to post there anymore!  Shortly after joining that I got my Saddlesore1k - rode my BMW R1150GS Adventure 1100 miles from NH to Chicago in 19 hours.  Learned that 'monkey butt' is a very real affliction and is no fun - had to stand up in my cube at work for 2 weeks!

Rode 6k miles in 6 weeks around that time...did 22k miles that year.  Couldn't get enough of it.  I actually rode 109 consecutive months - from something like 2003 to 2012 I was on my bike at least once/month, never missing one.  Of course, I cheated with heated grips, socks, jacket, and gloves...was toasty warm down to 20f; my record was -8f.  But at that temp my shield froze up so I had to leave it open, which made it feel like someone was driving a screwdriver into my forehead.   11.gif

Never enough pics of that PU!  I need a running Mini...fk.

Yes, avrider, lots of great stories / trips in there.  There was a guy on Pelican Parts (Porsche forum) with a screen name RickLee who was a big duel sport rider. Took lots of long trips. He lives in Phoenix now.

Jims5543

Quote from: MPlayle on April 01, 2015, 07:26:11 PM
http://www.gbcarparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=FS-FuelSenderVan

Priced at $40.75 with one in stock as of the time of this post.  They are located in Florida, so shipping should be very reasonable.  They are together with "Mini Coopers of Miami" and their address is 6331 NW 87th Ave, Miami, FL 33178.  Phone: 305-592-9920.

(I just happen to have one of their stickers sitting on my desk.)

Ordered, thanks for the help. I also ordered a water temp sending unit since I do not seem to have water temps registering again. It was only $11.

Willie_B

Shirt I just had made. Saw it several years ago in a mini magazine.

94touring

tsumini

See the dot in the middle? It's the International Space Station going over East Texas last night.Took about five minutes for flyover. Thought about posting picture with Guess what is it? but figgered it would be too easy.

94touring

94touring

Merlin

Thought it time to break the ole bike in a bit. Took it for a 200 mile adventure to test out its highway and canyon carving capabilities. Glad to say it is good at both. O the down-side, it guzzles gas... Just like all my other toys.

Saw this and had to stop

Picture of my new bike and my old bike I sold to a friend. Instant riding buddy.

Weather sucked a bit. No problems.

And off to the centre of the universe.

Engineering the Impossible