A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Quote from: Merlin on February 24, 2015, 06:11:18 PM
You got my number. We need to get the rest of the cars moved as well. I have my truck back, so should be easy.

Excellent.   I fly back that day, early afternoon I suspect.   Have panels that need shipped and need to grab a few boxes of supplies for the maroon car.  And the tow bar needs modified to flat tow.  Lots to do.  It better not be snowing damn it. 

tsumini

Quote from: Merlin on February 24, 2015, 05:49:15 PM
Radioshack was made my bitch. I went around and bought a shit-load of these. I also bought the content of these as well, so fuck yea! resistors and capacitors for life!

Does that make you part of the resistance?

sparetimetoys

Had to spend the last couple days out with my boy in hood river Oregon. 
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

Jims5543

Looks beautiful, even the one where I had to turn my head upside down.  ;D

So I get a text message today from scheming friend #2.  Now they are putting pressure on my to do something stupid too.  I am too scared of Mrs.5543 and lets me honest, I have grown kind of fond of her and know my acquiring such a vehicle will not end well for me. Is her no really a yes?  I am so confused....

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Merlin

Oh I want a military truck soooo bad! Duce and a half in flat black would suite me just fine.

I can just imagine the steaming letter my HOA would send me.
Engineering the Impossible

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on February 24, 2015, 06:13:58 PM
Going to check out the local RS tomorrow.

Back window of my E30.

I'd like one across the back of the MINI that says, 'MINI:  The nice persons BMW'

77.gif

MiniDave

I'm not sure I understand that sticker "Respect your elders", is it asking respect for an old BMW or an old BMW driver, or an old driver in a BMW?

At any rate - I haven't seen the MINI sticker referenced by Mudhen, that's kinda funny actually!

I just have the "Actual Size" one.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

It is a E30 thing, the early E30's are 33 years old now and many are in very nice shape, like the classic mini's. So it is kind of a joke with the old BMW crowd, to respect the old cars.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

But Jim, you'd qualify for all three interpretations, right?  ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Quote from: MiniDave on February 26, 2015, 11:48:03 AM
But Jim, you'd qualify for all three interpretations, right?  ;D
LOL!!

I want to think no. While 50 is coming at me at a terrifying pace, I still feel like I am in my 20's.

I announced at my 48th birthday, that I would be in the best shape since I was 30 by the time I am 50.

My one BMW friend (Who I am heading to Miami for the Formula E race with in 2 weeks) balked at me and said "Good luck with that".

So I better get going, I have one year and 2 months to get this done..... as soon as I finish this beer I will get on that.

Damn beer....

94touring

Jims5543

That is freaking rad.  What a cool thing to be able to do.

94touring

It was a lot of fun.  Then 4 of us wandered around the place well after everyone else had left.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Mudhen

WTF, everyone left so you just wandered around taking pics?  I guess a few months ago that would have surprised me....not so much anymore... ::)

94touring

I know a guy who works there, so yeah we just went walking around.   A lot of super cool artifacts, that you can touch and not just look at behind glass. 

Jims5543

Some random dude just emailed me this picture. He caught me going to pick up my son from school today.

94touring

Jims5543

Since I am the guy with the "pickup truck" I had to deliver a love seat to my sons apartment this morning.

94touring

Jims5543

Got roped into going to Target this afternoon, seems I was not allowed to sit home in my pajamas all day. the nerve.....

My 11 y/o saw this and pointed it out to me. I missed it as I was just wanting to go home and get back in to my Pj's again.

I was content on wasting the day.

Jims5543

View from my room in Miami, my nephew and son were down there with me as you know from the Formula E thread.  My nephew said after we left she turned over and did not put her top on. He decided he needed to go to the pool then. He met her, well, she covered up when she saw a dood at the pool but she was really nice and he found out she was from Spain and a model. Gotta love Miami.  The boys went over to South Beach in the afternoon and it was a madhouse. They did not know their way around and made the mistake of eating on Ocean Drive (main drag where the tourists eat) he ended up paying $30 for a 10" pizza that was horrible.   I told him yelp is your friend and getting 1-2 blocks back off the main drag is where to be. Much better food and prices.

94touring