A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

94touring

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on February 09, 2015, 08:44:21 AM
Yeah it's a work truck lol.

I recall reading an article one time about Mini Pickups - they said they weren't sport utility vehicles, they were sport futility vehicles - good at absolutely nothing.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

:(

94touring

Jims5543

Man I love mine for work, I have to fight from using it every day and putting the mile son the POS Toyota.

I know I posted some pics somewhere, I purchased a smaller Prism Pole that is only 2.5 feet long when collapsed down, aluminum tripod and a shorter shovel, even under sized safety cones, everything is miniature for that truck.

I am still moving things around from storage to shop, next time I fill the Mini up I will snap a pic, it is really funny. I get funny looks too when I drive between the storage and shop.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on February 09, 2015, 12:09:53 PM
It's safe to say you're hooked now.   4.gif.

Always have been, ever since I saw your pic on the RX7 board hauling fire wood back years ago I knew I wanted one.  I have to admit, I was getting increasingly frustrated with that truck, no offense to Mike who sold it to me, he did not drive it, what pisses me off is the utter lack of maintenance to it. Who ever purchased it after it left England did not do a thing to that poor truck.  Whenever someone buys one of my cars, they get a good deal, I am anal with them and taking care of them. Documenting everything and going over the top when it needs something. I did not need a 123 Dizzy, but I knew it was the best for the truck so it got one.

Right now there is a Mog discussion going on with my NC/SC friends on our Dragon trip planning board and I have to stop looking at it.  A Mog would make a great ying and yang setup in my driveway. If I want a swift divorce, I just need to buy this.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Lol don't buy that.  Yeah Mike never had a chance to drive or go through the issues with the truck.  I always remembered how well you cared for your vehicles from the rx7 days.  This car I just bought has sat for several years.  While it was in good running condition, and I took road trips along side it, I'm prepared for several annoying problems to arise for a period of time.  Now if I could just find time to get it running.  The level of buffing it requires is going to kill me also.   

Mudhen

BUY THE MOG!!!!

Oh man I want one...so what if it tops out at 55mph - you could pull a house off its foundation!  You know how many houses I've wanted to do that to?

And is that a Maine plate?   4.gif

Let me know and I'll drive it down.  Just pay my salary for the 6 weeks it will take.   :D

Jims5543

Lol!! You want me to get divorced.

That Mog sold today for under 10k.

Less than I  paid for my Mini....

Think about that...

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on July 20, 2014, 05:53:02 AM

Griff can't hold still for two seconds - still got an autographed poster and to meet one of his hero's:

I was looking for an old picture and stumbled upon this.

I must have been on my cel phone when you posted it, I did not recognize it was Travis until now.

One of my North Carolina car friends that works in Nascar used to work on TP's truck team.  They became good friends and TP was supposed to come out with us and play car in the mountains 2 years ago. e had something else come up.

Jims5543

94touring

And you took the opportunity.   

This morning on my coffee walk. 

Jims5543

WTF is that?  Sleeping bum wrapped in garbage bags? Body bag?

94touring

There's a manhole there that leaks steam from the old school steam system the city has.  The bums sleep on it to stay warm.  Case in point, my cousin:

Jims5543

Not sure where to post, drunk thread or here....

I guess it is finally my turn. After bobbing and weaving  for two weeks  I finally caught it.

Good bye....

94touring

Yeah I got sick twice over the past month.  Finally about 98 percent better.  It's been a horrible month of this crap going around. 

94touring

I don't have a picture to share however, saw a picture tonight that blew my mind.   Every Sunday I'm in town I go across the street to my bar and listen to live music.  The same crowd of us are there every week.  Very much like cheers.   So there I am sitting beside Bill, who lives across the street in my building.   He pulls out his phone and shows me a picture of his son with Bill Murray, coincidentally at the SNL 40th anniversary as it's happening live.  I was a bit confused at who his son was though, and somewhat foolishly asked cause I didn't think the odds were this great.  His son is Bill Hader.   I drink with his dad all the time and had no clue. 

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on February 16, 2015, 12:27:23 AM
I don't have a picture to share however, saw a picture tonight that blew my mind.   Every Sunday I'm in town I go across the street to my bar and listen to live music.  The same crowd of us are there every week.  Very much like cheers.   So there I am sitting beside Bill, who lives across the street in my building.   He pulls out his phone and shows me a picture of his son with Bill Murray, coincidentally at the SNL 40th anniversary as it's happening live.  I was a bit confused at who his son was though, and somewhat foolishly asked cause I didn't think the odds were this great.  His son is Bill Hader.   I drink with his dad all the time and had no clue.

Great Story!! Love both those Bills.

I am still alive, gonna take it easy today only doing 3 surveys. Worst case scenario my son can go out with my helper, he is a little rusty but knows what to do.

tsumini

Got a new toy today. Should be fun and maybe even useful. Can visualize troubleshooting  a mini cooling system.
Anyway it's aFLIR ONE infrared camera for the iphone 5/5S.
Pic of wife
Pic of Yorkshire terrier and son's legs.
Same except son moved and hot spots in background shows where he stood.
Hardwood floors with heating elements underneath the flooring. Yorkie again and me standing against cabinet.

Mudhen

Wicked cool.  Wish you were closer, I'd invite you over to see if it could tell where all my heat is going!   50.gif

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on February 18, 2015, 03:42:29 AM
Wicked cool.  Wish you were closer, I'd invite you over to see if it could tell where all my heat is going!   50.gif

LOL!! I can feel it in my house, the back sliders and windows may as well be screens.

That is cool.

My buddy bought one. Sadly, 2 days after taking delivery, he received some bad news with work. They may be downsizing if the crude prices do not go up. He is in the aviation branch of the oil industry.

Now he found this and I think I should get this, close my office and move it into this. The money I save on rent can be used for gas. Imagine this pulling up to a residential house to do a survey?