A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on December 14, 2019, 09:02:55 AM
Quote from: BruceK on December 14, 2019, 07:08:39 AM
Apparently, we've been lied to about the necessity to get good grades in school.

You know, the sad thing is I can't tell you what kind of car that is....McLaren? all those high zoot cars look alike to me anymore.

Yeah it was some Mclaren model.   Contrary to their historical F1 exploits being held in high esteem, their road cars have no soul or mystique at all  - they have the sex appeal of a shiny Toyota Camry. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

Quote from: MPlayle on December 14, 2019, 09:22:04 AM
That Mini Pickup is Brad's (not our Willie-B).  He lives just outside Boerne, TX.

I can never seem to remember when the San Antonio Cars & Coffee meets are held.  The few I have been to were with a group of the local Mini owners and one of the other guys would give me an email "heads up" for meeting them before going to the C&C gathering.

I spent a good deal of time with Brad talking to him.  I was told that C&C here will likely not happen in January and in February it will happen at a new location.  Not sure where, but it's supposed to be on the second Saturday of each month. 

A crazy thing happened on the way home, I stopped in the little town of Bulverde which  isn't even a one stoplight town – it has one stop sign, a gas station, old fashioned post office, and
two little restaurants -  virtually nothing else.   A guy rode up to me on an electric scooter and started talking about Minis and it turns out he owns one!   It's been off the road for a number of years but he wants to get it back on.  So we exchanged contact information and I'm looking forward to seeing his car and helping him if I can.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

I spotted this creation on the back of a trailer yesterday – it looks like something from a Top Gear  special set in the middle east. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

wow, spot on description.....interesting the roll up doors/windows
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

MiniDave

This one is made a little differently than the one on BaT, looking at the wheel cutouts in the back....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

MiniDave

Wow, who even has a VCR any more (we do, but never use it)

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Quote from: MiniDave on December 19, 2019, 01:20:17 PM

Think smaller. Cassette tape.

MPlayle

I don't have a cassette player or tapes anymore, but I do have a VCR.  It has been a while since I watched anything on it.

ve9aa

Quote from: BruceK on December 17, 2019, 12:39:20 PM
I spotted this creation on the back of a trailer yesterday – it looks like something from a Top Gear  special set in the middle east.

"1 Highway, 0 city"
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

BruceK

We don't even have a DVD or Blu-ray player anymore! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

Quote from: BruceK on December 20, 2019, 09:41:17 AM

We don't even have a DVD or Blu-ray player anymore!

I recently purchased a Blue Ray player, we were sick of using the PS4 for movies and wanted something simple.  We will still grab a Red Box movie from time to time.

I also have a pretty decent collection of DVD's sometimes I will pop one in.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

I get an email last week from one of my clients,  seems the Real Estate agent for the buyers complained we never marked the property corners. I tell my client it is SOP we do that but I will send a crew back by to make sure all of the 4 corners are marked.

My crew reports back to me that 2 of the 4 were no longer flagged up so they reflagged them.

Then we get a second complaint, I see the email and I am 2 blocks away, I swing by and see this.

West Property line, you can barely make out the flag in the back, trust me it is in.

East Property line the back corner is in a tree root, my crew marked up the tree.

Not sure WTF the deal was with the realtor, so I did this.  I think they will see them now.

Realtor swings by and claims she can see them now.  I sent these pics to my customer, told her if the realtor cannot see the corners I am at a complete loss as to what to do next.

WTF!!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Was bored on a flight and thought I'd see if my speed app would work.  Not bad for a 60kt headwind.

MiniDave

Ha! I used to do that with my Garmin on scheduled flights.....then show my 565mph "top speed" to people - it was fun seeing them grapple with the idea that my MINI would go that fast!  :D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Years ago when Skylar was living in NYC I'd go visit and we saw a guy dressed up in Farrah Faucet gear...t-shirt, hoodie, hat.  Became a running joke.  Last year I bought the 3 of is Farrah shirts that we occasionally wear out together.

BruceK

486 mph? 

And here I was thinking my 167 mph was cool...   :-[

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

MiniDave

Getting really close to the speed of sound there - musta had a heck of a tail wind?

Gotta watch that speeding, you'll arrive before your gate is cleared!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Did this in my RX7 racing a Porsche Carrera GT from about 60 MPH to obviously,  175 when I let off. I made my point, I could walk him ever so slightly up to 175. We  came up on traffic and he threw a temper tantrum driving like a lunatic. I let off laid back and cruised along.

Jims5543

I have been so slammed busy, I cannot keep up. Typically end of December is slowish with it being dead in January, we are balls to the wall. I have not seen it like this since 2006.

I have to put an new order in for plastic caps and for trav discs.  I try to set 2 trav discs on every new house start I do. They are used to check into and also come in handy down the line when I have another job in the same area, I can tie into them as checks.

I have set over 400 of these in the last year, I just received my order of 500, lets see if I can go through them in less than a year. That is my goal this year.... along with some of my clients.

To date only 2 of them have been ripped out by the easily triggered. When I encountered this, I replaced it (nail hole is typically in pavement where I set them) and placed 2 more randomly near by.  Because I am a dick.

Soon there will be 6 houses here. This is a FloRida version of a mountain BTW... I think I saw 30 feet over sea level in places and I have not been to the top yet so I am expecting to see 40-50 over seal level, I may get a nose bleed.

BruceK

I met up with the Mini Dashpots group here in San Antonio this morning.  Nice collection of Minis and great people to hang around.  Michael was there.  A little chilly - about 30 degrees - glad my car heater works! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S