94touring

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

gr8kornholio

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Jims5543

https://www.google.com/maps/place/27%C2%B035'53.1%22N+80%C2%B029'52.6%22W/@27.5980847,-80.5001197,1067m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d27.5980802!4d-80.4979311

This is private land. Local legend has it that  the lady that owns it has the barns full of fun cars. Seems she is divorced or widowed not exactly sure, she trolls the locals bars and picks up men luring them in with the promise of racing around the track in the cars.

All I know is that would be a dream home for me.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

jedduh01

Playing on google maps I found this one in NC. about an hour north of me Charlotte.

Googled the GIS of the property + Ownership, Owned by a Prominent Orthodontist in Charlotte.

Has toys will play.

BruceK

Okay.   This pumpkin flavor and pumpkin spice crap has officially jumped the shark.    Just saw this at the grocery store.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Jims5543

I hate pumpkin spice.

I treated my family to another round of Halloween Horror Nights this year, doing it in style with the RIP tour again. 

We were not going then found out Rob Zombie was involved this year, finally!! Someone heard me screaming for years this was made for him.

He had a Haunted house based on his movie House of 1000 Corpses. Since we were RIP we skipped all the lines, they stopped lines for us and let us walk on past. You feel like a rock star.

This is outside the House of 1000 Corpses house, it was fantastic!

The he had a scare zone based off of the Hellbilly Delux Album, a scare zone is a part of the park where you just walk through, scare actors are all over and there are props set up all around the area.

We walked up on it with the big Rob Zombie sign and you could hear his music blasting.

As you walked around you saw all kinds of craziness, you  really had to spend some time here to take it all in. He is the Living Dead Girl stage:

You may recognize this guy from the Dragula Video.

I am convinced I grimace when I smile. Wife was having a blast. I was drunk.

They had scaffolding on both sides when you walked in, with gogo dancers on them.

I am not 100% sure what this stage was about but I liked it.

At one point we stopped for a break in a private VIP lounge, there was a private balcony too.  I took this pic of the park from there.

Our tour guide, who was cool as hell, explained this compass marks the exact center of the Universal properties.

I want to go back to HHN just to walk around the scare zones all night.  They had a Zombieland one as well that was really well done.  We might sneak up for a Saturday night in the next couple of weeks.  Just to walk around.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

gr8kornholio

That's cool that Zombie got involved.  I've been to a couple of his concerts and over the top is an understatement but whats crazy is it doesn't feel like too much.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

ADRay

Looks cool. Not a huge WZ fan(saw them with Pantera years ago) but have always saw Rob as a super talented and seemingly cool dude. He just had a great interview by Joe Rogan a week or two back.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

Jims5543

I saw the JR interview too, seems like a hall of a cool guy and brought up some great points us older guys can relate to. Like the TV Guide being your world and if Planet of the Apes was on you made sure you saw it!!

If you missed a movie in the theater that was it, you missed it, it would be years before you could see it on TV all edited and cut up with commercials.

Kids today have no idea how awesome it is to be able to que up whatever you want to see whenever you want to see it. 

We just had a House of 1000 Corpses / Creepshow movie night a few weeks ago, since those were 2 of the Haunted Houses at HHN.   In 3 minutes I owned both on Amazon Prime.

I love Rob Zombies movies, am am looking forward to seeing 3 From Hell, the last installment of the trilogy that started with House of 1000 corpses and then Devils Rejects.

Went to see the Stones Clones at a local outdoor bar Saturday night with MRS5543.  We are trying to not be old farts and sit around the house a lot.  One thing I saw that was remarkable and a testimony to how awesome where I live, so many unattended purses all over the venue and no one was worried about them being stolen.

jeff10049

Badass Jim, just Badass I want to be there I also want to build dragula my own version not with a coffin but badass sinister old school drag car-inspired by the one in the music video. 

Jims5543

Quote from: jeff10049 on September 30, 2019, 10:00:00 PM
Badass Jim, just Badass I want to be there I also want to build dragula my own version not with a coffin but badass sinister old school drag car-inspired by the one in the music video. 

It was surreal!! I was walking around the Hellbilly Delux scare zone in awe, the blonde in leather helped.. :D

There was so much going on it was almost too much to take in, you really had to walk around there for a good 20-30 minutes to take it all in.

There was a Zombieland Scarezone too, there was a scare actor dressed like Zombieland Bill Murray, complete with makeup walking around. I had my BFM shirt on, I saw him and was like, Bill Fucking Murray!! The dude acted just like Bill in the movie, putting his hands together and thanking me.  I busted out laughing, my drunk ass thought it was awesome.

VIP tour is the way to go, no way I would do that general admission. It is so cool doing it VIP style.

Jims5543

When 2 legends finally meet each other.

I saw a leaf moving on my front lawn this morning.  Upon closer inspection it appears to be a baby gopher tortoise.

BruceK

Nature is sending me a little message: two weeks is too long between drives in my Mini.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Also difference from living in the sticks under trees compared to suburbia. 

Jims5543

Quote from: gr8kornholio on October 12, 2019, 01:49:40 PM
Also difference from living in the sticks under trees compared to suburbia.

Spiders know no boundaries.

Jims5543

Jimmy Buffet is right, it is really hard to reason with Hurricane season.  Every year in August / September I want to GTFO here. Then October through July I fall in love all over again.

Typically my work days are hectic, OMG how am I going to get all this done type of days. My life is hectic my days are typically just me rushing around like a maniac trying to stay ahead of it all.

There there are days like today, that remind me life is good.  I put in a monster day in Friday and Monday so I could free myself up to do a favor for a friend that happens to be a customer.  He has a client up in Sebastian, which is over an hour drive north of where I am on the coast of Florida. They want to put in an addition, they need a current survey of the property to do this.  They do not have one. They have been calling around for 2 weeks trying to get someone to survey the property, no one will do it. Everyone is too busy to take on a job this size. 

I am also too busy and initially turned the jobs away, then my contractor / friend begged me to please do it.  So I worked my schedule to do that job today. It was my only task today which was a refreshing break from the typical daily grind of 10-15 jobs in one day.

I took the slower more direct route along the coast line to get there. The time was a wash, if I took the interstate, I may have gotten there 5 minutes faster and drove 20 miles further. I decided to stop off at my favorite gas station / grill and grab an Bacon Egg Cheese on kaiser roll and a couple of Gatorades. Then set off on my drive, the temps this morning were in the low 70's so I drove along the coast with my windows open enjoying the fresh ocean air.

I stopped off at the beach access just before I got to the property to take a bathroom break and take a peek at the ocean.

As I passed over the causeway towards the mainland I could see the island I was heading too.

The roads on the island were beautiful with old oaks all over the place. Lots of really nice houses here, the house I was surveying was a McMansion and did not deserve one picture it was ugly AF.

I spend about 4 hours there surveying it then headed back toward my office I am always blown away at the beautiful water in Ft. Pierce. This pic does not do it justice it glows.

I stopped off at a corner sports bar for lunch and a cheeky beer and now I am at the office checking work and sending out drafting to my contractor.

It has been a good day. 

Jims5543

Finally got to try this little BBQ trailer by the river the other night. Best BBQ I have had in this town.

Not a bad location either, there are picnic tables just to the left of me in when I took this pic.

Jims5543

BruceK

Apparently, we've been lied to about the necessity to get good grades in school.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

This is my first time attending Cars & Coffee here in San Antonio.  Different vibe from the Dallas C&C.   Not too many interesting cars to be honest.

But I did see one of other Mini besides mine. Nice pickup!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Quote from: BruceK on December 14, 2019, 07:08:39 AM
Apparently, we've been lied to about the necessity to get good grades in school.

You know, the sad thing is I can't tell you what kind of car that is....McLaren? all those high zoot cars look alike to me anymore.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

That Mini Pickup is Brad's (not our Willie-B).  He lives just outside Boerne, TX.

I can never seem to remember when the San Antonio Cars & Coffee meets are held.  The few I have been to were with a group of the local Mini owners and one of the other guys would give me an email "heads up" for meeting them before going to the C&C gathering.