A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Well it looks like Birthday wishes are in order!   Happy Birthday!    And, you had to work on your BD? 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Quote from: MPlayle on November 21, 2018, 01:44:10 PM
I just finished some baking as well.  Mine are not gluten-free: large batch of baklava and a pair of chocolate pecan pies.

Can I have the pecan pie recipe?   19.gif
- Pave the Bay -

MPlayle

John,

I'll type it up on the computer and contact you for sending it your way.

Cheers.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on December 05, 2018, 04:43:37 PM
A rare work photo.  Girl keeps taking selfies.

That is a odd smile, where is the dude on the lefts right hand?

Oh and happy belated birthday.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 07, 2018, 05:51:07 PM
Quote from: 94touring on December 05, 2018, 04:43:37 PM
A rare work photo.  Girl keeps taking selfies.

That is a odd smile, where is the dude on the lefts right hand?

Oh and happy belated birthday.

The pic was mirror imaged, so I was really on the left and he the right. Which makes his left hand on the arm rest and right hand holding a pen near the thrust levers. 

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

A few months ago Mrs5543 got on this kick she wanted an infrared sauna.

She has read the health benefits are great. She looked into seeing if there were any here. Local Health clubs rent time in them at $15 a hour.

She then researched and found a consumer level one that fits 2 people for a fair price. She ordered one and it arrived Tues last week after a 3 month wait.

On Thursday the weather proof cover arrived. Since our plan was to put it on the back deck we needed to have a weather proof cover for it.

When I got home from work Thursday, I ended up unboxing it, reading the assembly directions and announcing to the Mrs this looks easy!!  I was able to assemble it in about 1.5 hours on the back deck. Much of the wasted time was getting it out of the boxing and then trying to figure out how to reach the top of the roof in order to connect some wires without a proper ladder as ours was in the office.

Here it is moments after I finished installing it:

Mrs5543 decided she did not like it there on the deck out in the elements.  So Saturday, I had to take down a swing bed we have on the back patio under the roof and move it across to the other side by the pool. Then disassemble the Sauna and move it inside the screened back patio where the swing bed was. 2 reasons for this, 1 was that it was the only place where it looked right, second was there was a proper 20amp outlet there from the previous owners having a hot tub there.

Practice makes perfect, it took me all of 20 minutes to take down the Sauna and assemble it on the back patio under the roof now. It is very simple to take apart and put together.

So now it resides in a new spot.

I used it for 30 minutes Thursday night after assembling it.  I think the temp inside was around 130°  the heat coming off the infrared panels was intense and I definitely sweated all the toxins out.

I did feel really relaxed after too, and that is a good thing. I will snap some pics inside it, it has neat lighting and a stereo inside with speakers.. etc..  really nice setup.

I can see using this in the winter a lot, in the summer, not so sure. Since Florida is a giant sauna already... well steam room. I am not interested in sweating any more than I already do on one of our 110+ heat index days.

I have to say, little things like this do make it cool to be home. We were going to sell about 5 years ago and instead just decided to make this house exactly how we want it instead.  We have 1 kid left home that is in HS, in 3 years he will be in college then out on his own. 

Then I get my Naked room.   ;D

John Gervais

A 'Naked Room' is a good thing to have, as long as there's appropriate signage leading to it.
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

MiniDave

I recognize the brunette, who's the cute blond?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on December 15, 2018, 11:33:20 AM
I recognize the brunette, who's the cute blond?

The 2nd wife.  Nah she's one of my groomsmen at the wedding though. 

gr8kornholio

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Groomsperson?  ;D

Wouldn't she be the third wife?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Holy crap! I've never bowled a 230 in my life - my high was 217 back when I was in a league. Now I do good to break 100....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I bowled on the pro regional tour in my early 20s.  Little known fact.  230 is with a house ball and shoes having bowled once this whole year.

MiniDave

What's your high game? Or, how many 300's have you rolled?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

There's been a few.  Averaged 220s back in the day.

94touring

gr8kornholio

Damn son, Think best my average ever got was 180 ish in a league.  Never had that perfect game.  Think my highest was 265.  Damn that pressure in the 10th frame, lol.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on December 15, 2018, 02:13:00 PM
We're never single at the right time...  But yes groomslady.

Amen!! Not gonna lie I have a little crush on S.

She is a cutie.

Bowling..Best was 180's for me in my late teens when I went every weekend because there was nothing else to do in Palm Bay Florida at night other than bowl or play pool, which I also did a lot... and got pretty good at. It was aboutthe time when Color of Money came out in movies.

All my days were occupied by surfing.

Taking a relaxing sauna up to 121 and should see 130ish by the time I am done.

Damn, I am sweating bullets right now...

BruceK

Sure it was 35 degrees here this morning and it's only 10 days away from Christmas, but I spotted this ladybug on my garage door this afternoon. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Jims5543

Quote from: BruceK on December 15, 2018, 05:21:08 PM
Sure it was 35 degrees here this morning and it's only 10 days away from Christmas, but I spotted this ladybug on my garage door this afternoon.

They are good luck aye!!

May your garage be blessed this winter.