A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

"I was gonna right 'sense' but I guest that was wrong".
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

jeff10049

MPlayle

I would hope that their audience hammered some "cents" into them for the error.

:-[

50.gif

94touring

Baked some gluten free stuff for a get together.  Hence the funky pie crust.

gr8kornholio

Looks are secondary.  I can almost smell the goodness through the screen.  Tomorrow, Food Coma.  Can't wait.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MPlayle

I just finished some baking as well.  Mine are not gluten-free: large batch of baklava and a pair of chocolate pecan pies.

gr8kornholio

O wow, the life loves baklava.  She used to work with a girl that'd bring it in.  Looks delicious. 

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MPlayle

I made up smaller plates of the baklava to take to a couple of gatherings tomorrow, so got to "taste" a small corner piece.  Still licking my lips delicious.

No two batches ever come out the same, so each time it is a slight surprise as to how it turned out.

BruceK

Local newspaper has a suggestion if there is a shortage of ButterBall Turkeys at Kroger.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

PETA - People eating tasty animals?   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

This is the final Cars & Coffee for the Dallas area. The enormous BMW dealer (this is Texas after all) that has hosted it for the past 10 years is calling it quits citing the inability to exclude non-exceptional cars from the 500+ cars that show up. Basically saying it's gone downhill due to the quality of the cars. At least that's the reason given.   And it's hard to argue with that.     Any Bozo can show up with a 2018 Camaro or Mustang or Challenger. Or  Porsche or Lexus in this case. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Same problem they had in California, room for 200 nice, interesting cars and 100 late model BMW's show up.

It was great when it all began.....

BUT, in this case isn't this what the dealer wanted, owners of newer cars that he could sell a Beemer to?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on December 01, 2018, 07:57:50 AM
Same problem they had in California, room for 200 nice, interesting cars and 100 late model BMW's show up.

It was great when it all began.....

BUT, in this case isn't this what the dealer wanted, owners of newer cars that he could sell a Beemer to?

I'm not sure what his motivations were.  Maybe community good will since its supposed to be a charity event? 

In any case, most of the people showing up for C&C use their turn signals as they pull into the show.  So that automatically excludes them from becoming BMW drivers, right?

;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Washed up the rx7.  It's been sitting and collecting dust for about 2 months.  Need to drive this thing more often.

Jims5543

Quote from: BruceK on December 01, 2018, 07:26:33 AM
This is the final Cars & Coffee for the Dallas area. The enormous BMW dealer (this is Texas after all) that has hosted it for the past 10 years is calling it quits citing the inability to exclude non-exceptional cars from the 500+ cars that show up. Basically saying it's gone downhill due to the quality of the cars. At least that's the reason given.   And it's hard to argue with that.     Any Bozo can show up with a 2018 Camaro or Mustang or Challenger. Or  Porsche or Lexus in this case.

The logistics of what can and cannot come in would be crazy, although I have seen it done.

There is a small car show here in town, only classic cars are allowed with the exception of supercars. I did not know this and many years ago I tried to come in with my 87 RX7, I am sure no one was interested in looking over a 2600 lb 550 hp street car. I was turned away at the entrance, had to park in the general parking across the road and walk over.  The next time I went to that event I was in my Mini.  The event moves around a lot, the last time I was there it was in a Lowes parking lot. I parked to the side of the event and walked over.

There was maybe 50 cars in there and my Mini had drawn a crowd outside the ropes and around it in the general parking. LOL!

We have an event near here, everyone welcome.  Over 2000 cars show up once a month on the first Sunday of every month.  They do not care what shows up 4x4 trucks, Mustangs (for crowd control) and pretty much all the F&F style cars show up.  Everyone is welcome.

https://www.carsandcoffeepb.com/about

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

BruceK

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 01, 2018, 10:34:50 AM

The logistics of what can and cannot come in would be crazy, although I have seen it done.

The latest word here locally is that all future C&C car shows for the DFW area will hosted by Gas Monkey Garage (yes, the site of the famous multiple Emmy Award-winning documentary TV show).  Since their TV show does not manufacture any unnecessary drama and is 100% genuine, I'm sure Gas Monkey's hosting of C&C will be prove to follow their famous no-nonsense style and tastefully restrained aesthetic.  Certainly it won't at all be a crass cash-grab just looking get more eyeballs in front of the "merch". 

I do wonder how they, as a business, will go about excluding "non-worthy" cars from C&C and potentially pissing off the general public when doing so.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I've never watched the show, so I don't know if your comments were sarcastic or not....but it will be interesting to see what happens.

I don't know if I've become jaded or what, but watching Jim's video of the C&C in West Palm Beach - I would not have gotten out of bed to go see a parking lot full of newer modern Porsches, Mercedes, BMW's, Audi R-10s, McLarens and Ferraris....to me they've gotten to be like Chevvies..just too common.

It will be interesting to see what kinds of cars Gas Monkey attracts.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

The sarcasm was so thick in that even someone who doesn't know the brand guessed at it.  Lol.  Bruce and I discussed this already that they need to invent a sarcasm text.

94touring

I don't mind gas monkey.  Kind of entertaining but I get bored with it. It's better than the one where they build bikes and the dad and son constantly fight.

Jims5543

Quote from: gr8kornholio on December 02, 2018, 02:28:55 PM
The sarcasm was so thick in that even someone who doesn't know the brand guessed at it.  Lol.  Bruce and I discussed this already that they need to invent a sarcasm text.

On another forum I go to Green text indicated sarcasm.

FWIW.

I too have no idea what Gas Monkey is, I have seen some tshirts and have no clue, as I do not watch broadcast TV and never bothered to look to see what the show is.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Seemed fitting to put my period correct magnet bumper sticker on my E30 this past weekend.

Side note, I hooned TF out of her on Friday afternoon, had some old geezer road rage on me for going 10 over the speed limit and follow me for 10 miles before giving up.

MiniDave

A proper way to show respect for him.  77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Saw this while in the field today. Sorry for the poor quality.

94touring

A rare work photo.  Girl keeps taking selfies.