A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on May 04, 2018, 04:33:24 PM
Gonna go visit the guy who built Emma?   ;D

Never even considered it.   :D

Love to bring Mini parts home, but with the bargain airfare I got I've got a 10kg limit on All my baggage.  So that makes it difficult. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Jims5543

Quote from: jeff10049 on May 04, 2018, 09:45:24 PM
Jim,

Check out whats coming to jacksonville.

Hmmm. Jupiter is 25 miles south of me.

Looking into this.  Thanks for the heads up.

$40 a seat for reserved seating in a smaller amphitheater than the Foo Fighters show.  Seeing in niece and her BF want to join us.

Tickets have been procured.

Thanks for the heads up!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Our condo has a facebook page.  We have some "interesting tenants" but this is a first.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

New concept in flooring: zen garden your entire house with a rake for each room?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Lol yeah maybe so.  We have a guy I call turtle man, and thought maybe it was his place.  He's lived in the building for 20 years or so and likes to hang out outside with his huge tortoise.  He is interesting in looks, personality, and pet choice.

Bahowe1

Redneck 'Riverstone tile'.  You should tell them they at least need to put a little thinset down and it won't push outside the door.

gr8kornholio

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

Saw this sign today in the UK.    ;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

The PG rated version...
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Hang on I got this one.

Edit: would have been funnier had you left the other sideways pics in lol.

94touring

Having lunch in D.C. today and the picture on the wall was this!

Willie_B

Just got this for road trips. More elbow room than the mini. Will not even see the mini behind it.

BruceK

Quote from: Willie_B on May 14, 2018, 10:42:40 AM
Just got this for road trips. More elbow room than the mini. Will not even see the mini behind it.

Very cool!   Looks like just the right thing for hitting the road.  Is that a pull out awning on top? 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Jimini II

Nice........... Those vans are becoming quite popular around here.

gr8kornholio

I keep pointing those out to the Mrs. but all I get back is  11.gif 20.gif ::)
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Willie_B

Quote from: BruceK on May 14, 2018, 10:51:45 AM

Very cool!   Looks like just the right thing for hitting the road.  Is that a pull out awning on top?

Electric awning, just push a button. Almost queen size bed, wet bath and tiny kitchen. Makes for easier got to go now stops.

94touring

MiniDave

I think you should do a thread showing us the whole bus, engine and all......then you can recount your bus adventures!

What's the first trip you'll take in it?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Calling it a bus is overkill. It is just under 20' so will fit anywhere and in a standard parking space. That is why we chose this one. We can go downtown anywhere and still be able to park.

The first trip will be up to Richmond VA, Washington DC, Delaware then Penn. Visit family and friends.

Not sure how much we will sleep in it, more for traveling. She has already said no to Walmart parking lots for overnight. I will have to work on that. Most Cracker Barrel's will let you overnight in their parking lot.

Will take more photos.

BruceK

Spotted a Mini race car for dirt tracks! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

Monday the power was out at my storage unit today the office until 4:30.

When it went out at 2 PM I was about to send a order over to a client that needed it ASAP. The battery on my laptop is shot and my battery backup at work is good for 10 minutes. Not enough time to do what I needed. So I shut down and packed up.

I went on my Ring app and checked to see if I could see my house, if I can see it then I have power and internet.  Bingo!!

I decided to pack up my server and my laptop that the cadd file was stuck in due to power going out (and battery on laptop being shot) and power being out at office and server being down. etc.....

I drove home 2 miles in the pouring rain and set up stop at the kitchen table.

Now after wasted time I am looking at a long evening of catching up. There may not be enough beer.

FP&L claims they are better then ever and ready for the upcoming Hurricane season, excuse me if I think they are not.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

BruceK

Saw this on the road yesterday. A motorcycle rider on a non-running bike getting a tow down the road at about 20mph.  He was hanging onto the door of a SUV with one hand and the other hand was doing the steering.  What could go wrong?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

When I see that sort of thing, I try to quickly get far away.

I have a fear of having to help pick up the pieces when something goes wrong.