A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8kornholio

I'm upgrading my 85 truck to the 2012 highlander. Probably keep the truck around until I get the mini back.

Thanks. My wife is really loving it, maybe one day I'll get to drive it.  Gets as many looks as I do in the mini.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

tsumini

Quote from: MiniGene on April 11, 2018, 11:01:05 AM
Sweet car!  Man, a brand new Camaro with a Big Gulp in the center console!  I can't wait to get back to 'Murica, boys! 

Before we moved to the UK our weekend pastime was to go to 7-11, grab a snack and a drink and cruise Colfax Ave from the east end to the west end in Denver.  I'm looking forward to finding a new cruising street when we get back this summer.
Did that in the 60's mostly east though. Could drive the whole length without stopping. just go the speed limit.

BruceK

Saw my first Model 3 at the train station today.  This is the model that Tesla can't seem to ramp up production on - there are half a million reservations for these now (!).  People are waiting over a year or more. So somebody here must have got lucky.     
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

It's not nearly as good looking as the Model S, I don't think it will go very long before it gets a facelift - half million orders or not.....it's pretty homely. The model S still looks modern and contemporary - they hit a home run with that one.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

It's still in my driveway partially blasted on the rotisserie.  Someday we may experience spring and I'll blast the rest.

gr8kornholio

I finally got some decent weather and cleaned the subframes.  Need to touch up the paint in places and put all the new parts on them.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jims5543

Nasa launch this past Saturday (14 April) as seen from about 80 miles south.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

And all of those people not paying a lick of attention to it?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Had a windshield crack on my first officers side at 33k feet.  Kept waiting for it to completely shatter like they tend to do, but it never got worse.

Willie_B

94touring

Well not really, other than when they shatter it sounds like a shotgun going off, so was waiting to be jolted by the noise.

Edit: 1st thing that went through my mind was it's go home day, last turn, and I'll be stuck in Richmond.  Which I still am waiting for sealant to cure.

Jims5543

Tomorrow night at this time, I will be fighting foo!

Mrs5543, being the organizer of the Family, put everything (Tickets, VIP up close parking, and ear plugs) into an envelope to grab to go.

Why earplugs you say?  Because we are about 14 rows back from the stage, I am bringing, just in case.

So the big burning question here is, what car do you drive to a Foo Fighters concert?

An Electric nerd car?

Fuck no!! this sinister beast, I pulled it out of storage and detailed it this evening in anticipation of driving it down to West Palm Beach to the concert.

Decided to spring some extra $$ on VIP parking so I am:

A. close to the venue
2. not parking in a dirt lot

PS- I have always been a Dave Grohl / Foo fighters fan ever since Dave was in Nirvana.  When he broke his leg a couple of years ago and finished the damn concert then finished the tour, I knew I had to go see them live.

I am so happy to have scored tickets, albeit at a stupid price, to go see them. This will be my 14 year old sons first live concert.

If you have not seen Sound city I suggest you watch it, it is very good and full of cameos from many stars from the 70's and 80's

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306745/

Also, on HBO Sonic highway is another great watch.

https://www.hbo.com/foo-fighters-sonic-highways
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

gr8kornholio

Co worker of mine just saw them in Dallas. Said it was an awesome 3 hour show.

Jims5543

Quote from: gr8kornholio on April 25, 2018, 07:51:45 PM
Co worker of mine just saw them in Dallas. Said it was an awesome 3 hour show.

How can they not be awesome?

Starts a 8PM I am gonna be hurting tomorrow, especially since I got up at 5:30 today in order to get everything done and get out early enough to shower, eat and drive down to the venue.

We went to see Red Hot Chili Peppers a few years ago and I would never waste my money to see them live again.  Anthony seemed like it was a bother for him to perform and not really into it.

Flea was a blast to watch, but overall, not worth the price of admission.

gr8kornholio

I didn't even realize they were coming here.  Have to catch them next time around.

I hate it when bands disappoint like that.  Been to a couple of those myself.  Once was Aerosmith, who I'd seen before and were amazing, but this one time they just figured they go all hippie jam fest.

Jims5543

Brought earplugs never put them in. What a fucking show!

They got on stage at 8:30, they were supposed to start a 8 and I am glad they did not.

The traffic getting in was retarded, it took us an hour to go 2 miles into the parking lot.

Glad I got VIP parking saved us a lot of time.

They played for 3 hours straight and put on an amazing live show.

I took 4 pictures over the 3 hours, and shot about 30 seconds total of video.

The people next to us filmed the entire concert staring at their phone screens the entire time. WTF!!  I think they were live streaming.

The guy on the other side was cool as fuck, there was an 60 something older guy next to him that was drunk as fuck and kept touching the guy next to me.

The guy next to me threatened to kick his ass if he did not stop, the drunk guy got an usher, who called for a cop, then they threw the drunk guy out. LMAO!!  This was by the 4th song BTW.

The seats were awesome!! The venue being an out door amphitheater was awesome we had a perfect cool breezy  evening last night. I am partially deaf now. Exhausted and not in the mood for work. We stood and danced for the entire 3 hours. If the Foo fighters are coming near you, go!  I hope they come through again on their next tour. Seems it has been 12 years since they were last in Florida.

We got in at 1 this morning I slept in to 7 and now trying to get in the mood to work.

Willie_B

What did your son think of it all? He must really be dragging today too.

Jims5543

Quote from: Willie_B on April 27, 2018, 07:40:59 AM
What did your son think of it all? He must really be dragging today too.

Wife and kid both overslept this morning. Wife emailed school and asked for his work assignments to be emailed to her.  He goes to a private school so no real big deal if he misses a day plus he is a straight A student so missing 1 day is not going to ruin his life.

He was pretty overwhelmed by the entire deal, we were so close that our clothing was shaking on us from the bass hits, I could feel the legs of my jeans fluttering against my shins.  The lights were pretty intense at times as well. So for a 14 year old he was pretty mind blown by the entire deal, I think  to the point of being overwhelmed.

About 1.5 hours in I decided to head to concession, grab some bottles of overpriced water and a way overpriced beer. He came with me and said the lights were messing with his head and he was getting dizzy from them.

He really loved the show and really appreciated the awesome opportunity to see one of the last great rock bands touring and being so close to the action.

I am still in the office, I am waiting for take out pizza we called in to be ready, twas a rough day, looking forward to a shower, a beer and some pizza on the couch tonight.

Am I crazy to be considering flying up to Nashville to see them again next Friday night? 

Oh and that, the venue we were in is small compared to a stadium, like in Nashville,  the front half of this place we were in really makes the event you are really close as I can see in my pic above I was not zoomed in at all.

gr8kornholio

Definitely not crazy.  I do prefer the smaller venues to the big stadiums.

I'll never forget my first concert. Oddly at 14. Was Ozzy's first retirement tour from the no more tears album. Alice In Chains opened.  Been addicted to live shows ever since.

BruceK

Got to the UK today on vacation.  Very jet lagged. But a visit this evening to a pub and good local beer, good food, good live music, and most importantly good dogs chilling with everyone made for a nice end of the day.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

MiniDave

Gonna go visit the guy who built Emma?   ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049